Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 minutes ago, clietas said:

Netflix doc on Trump mentions similar stories @Dan T. posted about his insecurities concerning wealth. Journalist he talked to in the 80s regularly said the one thing Trump was insistent on mentioning in every article written about him was that he was a billionaire. 

First rule in hip hop? Fake it til ya make it. 😉

I watched an interview he did with Barbara Walters in the 90s before he filed for one of his bankruptcies.  She hammered pretty good.  She said your bankers say your $3B in the debt and he's like what bankers did you talk to?  Those weren't my bankers.  And then he's going on about how everyone said his purchase of the Plaza was a bad deal and now it looks like a good deal and she just responds to him "it was a bad deal."  He just had this flustered look on his face.  It was great.

27 minutes ago, clietas said:

Netflix doc on Trump mentions similar stories @Dan T. posted about his insecurities concerning wealth. Journalist he talked to in the 80s regularly said the one thing Trump was insistent on mentioning in every article written about him was that he was a billionaire. 

First rule in hip hop? Fake it til ya make it. 😉

That was his primary asset - the illusion of fabulous wealth.  That's what allowed him to sell the Trump name as a beacon of success to the gullible. 

And that's why he's always been so sensitive about people wielding pins around that balloon. Pop that illusion and it all goes down the drain.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

"Things that all of us do"  who is "us?"  The wealthy?  Probably.    The rest of us get an audit if we have a typo.  Wasn't there a study done a few years back showing the IRS targets poor and minority communities for their mistakes on their tax forms at a higher rate?

Man, then why did I pay over 100x in taxes as Trump if I could just do what he did?  🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

What's wrong Eric? Need a loan to tide you over?

Wow. If Donald tries to run with the "I donate my salary" bit at the debate it should be pretty easy to retort.  If I am Biden, I would suggest Trump keeping his salary in exchange for divestin from his business and stopping billing tax payers to trips to his own private golf resorts.  

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

"Things that all of us do"  who is "us?"  The wealthy?  Probably.    The rest of us get an audit if we have a typo.  Wasn't there a study done a few years back showing the IRS targets poor and minority communities for their mistakes on their tax forms at a higher rate?

I'm gonna ask Larry my barber for $70,000 in receipts for my $18 haircuts so I can write that **** off.  If it works for the President of the USA it'll work for me. And clearly Larry does a better job than Don's guy.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Wow. If Donald tries to run with the "I donate my salary" bit at the debate it should be pretty easy to retort.  If I am Biden, I would suggest Trump keeping his salary in exchange for divestin from his business and stopping billing tax payers to trips to his own private golf resorts.  

At least now we know why he really donates his salary, most likely. He writes it off as a tax deduction and then funnels that back into his and his family's coffers. 

Archived