Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

And if I hear someone else say "Vote like your life depends on it," I am going to kick a puppy in the teeth.  How the **** does someone "vote like their life depends on it?"  Are you supposed to crawl into the polling station, battered and bleeding, clothes torn, crawling to show your ID, barely breathing, spitting up bile and blood all over the ballot, gasping while you fill in the little circles, struggling to keep your eyes open for the essay questions and barely retaining consciousness while the old man puts your ballot in the machine?   

Because for some people their life does depend on voting out Republicans. Get a clue please, and stop trying to be cute. It's not working.

Gosh, I'm really torn on the Brad Parscale thing.  

One the bad side, he's part of the Trump Organization.  On the good side, he stole $40 million from the Trump Organization for Ferraris and stuff, which is $40MM that won't be helping to reelect a terrible person.  Additionally, it's never good to find joy in a person's (possibly legit) mental health issues, but at the same time, bad things have a tendency to come back around on bad people and if he's suicidal because he got caught doing bad, welp, it's his own fault.  

@JCB 

a little over the top for national tv, but honestly, that’s sorta what I had in mind. 

Maybe it’s the wrong political strategy move, but god if I wouldn’t love to see Biden out him in his correct place tonight. And that write-up you posted is closer to what I have in mind than most of what I’ve read. 

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

One the bad side, he's part of the Trump Organization.  On the good side, he stole $40 million from the Trump Organization for Ferraris and stuff, which is $40MM that won't be helping to reelect a terrible person.  Additionally, it's never good to find joy in a person's (possibly legit) mental health issues, but at the same time, bad things have a tendency to come back around on bad people and if he's suicidal because he got caught doing bad, welp, it's his own fault.  

Isn't he also suspected of abusing his wife? 

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

also he gave us a textbook take down video to remember forever

all in all the parscale saga is a win. 

if only we could get a video of the police (lawfully, with cause) tackling trump and/or individual family members too

Except for ivanka she’s too frail :( 

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Everyone seems to be hyping up and excited about the debate.  I don't think I'll be watching any of them, because they made me really anxious last time (especially with my dad cheering Trump on) and just thinking about tonight is making me nervous.  Anyway, I'm hoping for a good showing or even a smackdown by Biden, but I'm expecting something bad to happen, just in case.

I doubt I'm gonna watch either. Probably turn on post debate and check here to see what's happening. Unless one of them has a stroke, this won't change the race at all. 

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Isn't he also suspected of abusing his wife? 

I mean, he's a Trump associate and Floridian, so probably.  In the latest incident, she said he just smacked a phone out of her hand.  So who knows.  

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

Except for ivanka she’s too frail :( 

Jared would shatter  like Jordan Reed into a thousand pieces.

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I doubt I'm gonna watch either. Probably turn on post debate and check here to see what's happening. Unless one of them has a stroke, this won't change the race at all. 

Not watching?  I’m making steak tonight before sitting down to watch this bloodbath with my good friend Bulleit Bourbon.  

Tomorrow I’ll start training, ordering survival equipment, and selecting a sound track so that I can vote like my life depends on it.  

1 hour ago, JCB said:

Two things: my college students came up with debate night Bingo sheets, and they are awesome.

And this is what we deserve tonight. VERY NOT SAFE FOR WORK:

https://rudepundit.blogspot.com/2020/09/what-biden-ought-to-say-at-tonights.html

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

39 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

If the Dems were smart, they'd be blowing this up on social media as Tя☭mp's Vince Foster incident....not that I'd ever personally be involved in such shenanigans. 😉

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/biden-taxes/2020/09/29/d7afe3a8-027a-11eb-b7ed-141dd88560ea_story.html

Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, paid nearly $300,000 in federal income taxes, newly released returns show

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, paid nearly $300,000 in federal income taxes on earnings of more than $985,000 in 2019, according to returns he released Tuesday following a news report that President Trump has paid far less in recent years.

The disclosure, coming just hours before the first general election debate, highlights the contrast Biden is seeking to sharpen with Trump over their personal finances and transparency. The New York Times reported Sunday that Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes in 2016 and again in 2017 and that he paid no income taxes 10 of the previous 15 years, due to losses he declared.

“This is a historic level of transparency meant to give the American people faith, once again, that their leaders will look out for them, not their own bottom line,” Biden deputy campaign manager Kate Bedingfield told reporters on a conference call.

Trump has not voluntarily released his tax records, breaking his own promise before his election and deviating from the practices of his predecessors. He has explained his decision not to release them by saying that he is under an IRS audit. But there is no law preventing him from releasing his taxes during such a review.

With his Tuesday disclosure, Biden has released 22 years’ worth of tax records. His running mate, Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.), also released her 2019 taxes on Tuesday. Her return showed nearly $3.3 million in total income with her husband, Douglas Emhoff. They paid more than $1.1 million in federal taxes.

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Because for some people their life does depend on voting out Republicans. Get a clue please, and stop trying to be cute. It's not working.

I get that, I already voted for Biden last week.  But the phrase "vote like your life depends on it" isn't cute, either.  It's talking loud and saying nothing, it's a platitude and there's no heightened moral knowledge behind it.   No one can "vote like their life depends on it."  There are no style points, there are no effort points.  You vote just the same as I do, like anyone else does, filling out circles next to a candidates name.  It should be "vote because your life could depend on it."  That would be more clear and more accurate, but no one's interested in being clear and no one's interested in being accurate.  

I never watch debates, I know what candidate is going to say what, I don't learn anything from it and I don't care who "won".

However, I will be watching this debate purely for entertainment purposes. I want to see reactions to when Trump's tax returns are brought up, I hope Biden sets Trump off.

Archived