Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

So I have 2 gamers i know online who are saying why vote for Biden bcos he is a pedophile... I said whats uo with that bs and they said look at videos of wierd stuff he does around kids.... I replied u for real, u have a guy accused of sexual assualt by multiple women bit some bs about Biden being a pedophile is why they arent voting for him but for Trump... Disappointed bcos I thought these were smart people, one is a ****ing male nurse for cryng out loud

3 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

So I have 2 gamers i know online who are saying why vote for Biden bcos he is a pedophile... I said whats uo with that bs and they said look at videos of wierd stuff he does around kids.... I replied u for real, u have a guy accused of sexual assualt by multiple women bit some bs about Biden being a pedophile is why they arent voting for him but for Trump... Disappointed bcos I thought these were smart people, one is a ****ing male nurse for cryng out loud

Didn't Trump used to walk around the Miss Teen Universe dressing rooms while the girls were naked?

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

In 2018, a woman named Crystal Mason was sentenced to FIVE YEARS in prison for violating Texas voting law because she cast a provisional ballot while on parole, which a court considered to violate the Texas law making it illegal if a person "votes or attempts to vote in an election in which the person knows the person is not eligible to vote."  This sentence was upheld in March.  

That exact same statute, Tx Code 64.012, lists a total of 4 ways a person can illegaly vote.  Another one, listed right below the one i just quoted, is if a person "knowingly votes or attempts to vote more than once in an election."

So, the obvious solution, is if anyone is caught, they get 5 years in prison.  Then maybe we can have a discussion about prison reform. :)

Isn’t that the case where she violated her parole by voting and had to serve the remaining 5 years of her sentence for another crime?  She wasn’t sentenced to 5 years for illegally voting.  She had to serve the remainder of time she was already sentenced to.

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Isn’t that the case where she violated her parole by voting and had to serve the remaining 5 years of her sentence for another crime?  She wasn’t sentenced to 5 years for illegally voting.  She had to serve the remainder of time she was already sentenced to.

Nope. She was originally sentenced for 5 years, completed it, then got another 5. 

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/SearchMedia.aspx?MediaVersionID=a1b3b899-884f-46ae-9bf3-8339945bf280&coa=coa02&DT=Opinion&MediaID=374a3913-dae5-4de3-8707-4bc04cf794c7

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Thanks.  Not sure what I’m thinking of then.  Did something similar happen with someone on parole or am I out in left field?  Trying to google anything with the word “voting” in it leads to dark places nowadays.  

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Thanks.  Not sure what I’m thinking of then.  Did something similar happen with someone on parole or am I out in left field?  Trying to google anything with the word “voting” in it leads to dark places nowadays.  

I dunno. In any event, Mason submitted a provisional ballot, which was not even counted, and had no idea she was doing anything wrong. If Trump voters intentionally vote twice, which everyone knows is illegal, then its only fair that they go to prison too. 

Pretty sure that's the same case and was argued about on here a while back.  lol

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/20/texas-appeals-court-lets-controversial-illegal-voting-conviction-stand/

A state appellate court has declined to overturn the conviction and five-year prison sentence of Crystal Mason, a Tarrant County woman who cast a provisional ballot in the 2016 election while on supervised release for a federal conviction.

A three-judge panel of the Fort Worth appeals court on Thursday affirmed a trial court’s judgment of illegal voting, a second-degree state felony. Her lawyers indicated they will seek a review of the case by the full state 2nd District Court of Appeals.

Mason’s case dates to 2016, when she submitted a provisional ballot for the 2016 presidential election on the advice of a poll worker. A month later, she learned that her ballot had been rejected, and a few months after that, she was arrested. Because she was on supervised release, prosecutors argued, she had knowingly violated a law that prohibits felons from voting before completing their sentences. Mason insisted she had no idea officials considered her ineligible — and would never have risked her freedom if she had.

1 hour ago, killerbee99 said:

you should assume they are QAnon at this point. 

Bro makes no sense i cant wait for Trump to be done

The worse part is losing respect for folks cause they show you how dumb they are. There is no valid criticism of Biden that can’t be said against Trump x10 at this point. 

Either you are stupid or a racist pretending to be stupid. Or flat out rich. That’s it. Only way you vote for Trump. And I argue the rich ones voting for him are dumb as rocks too. 

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

All Trump is looking to do is sow enough skepticism in the election results so that should he lose, he has a solid base of supporters who will refuse to believe, and should he win, he can repeat the same "It was rigged, and we beat it anyway" garbage that he did in 2016.

It’s going to happen. He doesn’t have to try. Dems need to have a plan for when it does or they are done. 

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

It’s going to happen. He doesn’t have to try. Dems need to have a plan for when it does or they are done. 

Yes  they do because while Trump is too stupid to do anything about it on his own, I guarantee those around him are looking into every possible way to legally challenge the election, and what all the scenarios possible are that keeps Trump in the white house regardless of the will of the people. 

At this point I am resigned to the fact that unless a good number of elected GOPers wake up and put their foot down, Trump isn't leaving.   Our institutions were set up to guard against this, but they only work if there are honest people interested in doing the right thing.  Otherwise we have what we have seen for the last 3 and a half years.

Only question I have is whether or not this is how every election from here on out is going to go.  

One of the ancillary benefits of the Republiklans’ push to resegregate schools and defund public schools is that we’ve become a country with a whole lot of poorly educated people mostly at the bottom and narrowly well educated people in the middle/top who can do a lot of technical stuff well but don’t know much about anything else. Many of the nurses and respiratory therapists I used to work with were fairly smart people who nonetheless couldn’t pick many US states out on a map, let alone Uzbecky-becky-beckystan. Other stuff like the reasons for Arab hatred of Israel, the difference and schisms between Sunni/Shia, Jews/Catholics/Protestants, how atoms/molecules work, how stocks work, developing world economies, what started WWI/WWII, or a host of other things are considered useless information that won’t help them get a job - the only reason for being educated to let the 3% tell it. Even worse, many US citizens  can’t think outside of the narrow process-based way they’ve been educated. This state of affairs along with the almost blanket acceptance of the myth of the rugged ‘Muricun individualist makes both those groups highly pliant and profitable for the wealthy. It’s also why I’ve come to believe Tя☭mp will be re-elected. People like that will fall every time for the well-worn Willy Horton schtick the Grand Oligarch’s Party has repeatedly used that Tя☭mp is now doubling down on again. Try reading How the South Won the Civil War and Idiot America. Maybe it’ll help you understand and get through Tя☭mp’s second term.

52 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Yes  they do because while Trump is too stupid to do anything about it on his own, I guarantee those around him are looking into every possible way to legally challenge the election, and what all the scenarios possible are that keeps Trump in the white house regardless of the will of the people. 

At this point I am resigned to the fact that unless a good number of elected GOPers wake up and put their foot down, Trump isn't leaving.   Our institutions were set up to guard against this, but they only work if there are honest people interested in doing the right thing.  Otherwise we have what we have seen for the last 3 and a half years.

Only question I have is whether or not this is how every election from here on out is going to go.  

What elections.  Trump wins, there will be no more elections and the GOP will go along with him.

He will have Putin assassinate his Democrat opponents, frankly any opponents.

20 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The media attempting to portray this as a doomsday scenario just play into Trump's tiny hands. The media should simply be saying, we may not know election night and it's likely no one gets declared a winner for a few days. 

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

All Trump is looking to do is sow enough skepticism in the election results so that should he lose, he has a solid base of supporters who will refuse to believe, and should he win, he can repeat the same "It was rigged, and we beat it anyway" garbage that he did in 2016.

He doesn't even need to say anything else. 80% of all his voters already have it in their minds that if the Dems win it was rigged. 

With Trump and the GOP, you have to consider every doomsday scenario.  If you want to believe that there will be a peaceful transition of power to Biden, should Biden win; that's up to you. I fully expect a very dark and violent post election period because Trump and the GOP will do anything to keep the power they have and try to get the power they don't have.

Should Trump win the election, he will go full on dictator and he will ensure that he and his family rule the country for life.  He will go full on Putin and eliminate his opponents.  We've seen this in history. I was watching a WW2 program on the history channel during dialysis today.  Part of the program showed the rise of Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo.   I do see similarities with the rise of Trump.  You don't think bad history can't repeat itself; it can.

As for Biden, we'll see if he wins.  I don't think you give the job of President to someone in their 70's.  It's too bad that's our only choice.  We already see Trump is not mentally there.  Throughout the campaign, I've seen occasionally outbursts from Biden that give me concern.  I do trust Biden will have a top notch cabinet around him to go the job and I do believe if he does exhibit signs of decline; he will hand the job over to Kamala. 

As far as gloom and doom, I've always been a have empty kind of person. 

5 hours ago, killerbee99 said:

Just spam em with pictures of Trump with Epstein and Maxwell and keep rolling.

One thing I learned from 2016 is that it's an absolute waste of time trying to sway unserious people. I'm not even bothering this time around. **** em. 

I didn’t want to derail the covid thread so I’m putting it here. 

As the news broke about the letter from the cdc to states telling them to get ready for vaccine distribution, my immediate thought:

oh, so since we won’t have a vaccine the trump campaign decided the way to try to pump support is to fake an actual rollout. The next 2 months will be about how we’re prepping for this vaccine to come soon that’s not coming. 

im usually cynical but not that cynical. Especially not about an agency like the CDC (or NIH for example.) 

I’ve held firm since the 2016 election that the issue with trump doesn’t even extend to policy. It’s about ineptness and incompetence and buffoonery. It’s about things like this. Faith in institutions is destroyed. were beyond partisan math to justify tax policies and budget cuts. We’re into outright propaganda. (I realize we have been for a while but speaking to this specific instance)

10 hours ago, visionary said:

Stash this comment away. If the election is close, but Biden loses, use this and all his other idiotic statements/moves against him to Trump's apparent election victory.  Trump actively encouraging voters to commit felonies through voter fraud HAS to be used to the Democrat's advantage.  In this case, its quite clear that this election is gonna be disputed by Republicans if they lose, so Democrats need to play the game too, and begin gathering evidence and preparing to dispute any sort of election victory.

Also, if Trump cries foul because of voting irregularities, the fact that he actively enouraged voter fraud should be something taken into consideration by any vaguely un-biased or fair judge.  

So ladies and gentlemen, what type of buffoonery will we see today from the Tangerine Tyrant? Will he harp on his supporters to vote twice if they have to again? Push this vaccine that will kill people if they take it before it goes through the clinical trials? Will he still threaten to "defund Democratic cities"(wait I thought Biden wanted to do that)? What do you say?

Archived