Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

7 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I would like to see some legislation that limits NDAs.  Use them to stop people from blabbing about proprietary business technology?  Good.  Use them to cover up the truth of someone's character or crimes committed?  No.  That's just allowing the rich to buy silence.

It’s been painfully obvious NDAs ave been used to get rich folks out of trouble for a long time now.  The #metoo movement and even situations prior like a Greg Hardy’s victim suddenly refusing to cooperate (after being paid).  

The powerful aren’t interested in giving that up.

Beyond expressions of overt racism and ongoing support for totems of the Confederacy, denial of systemic racism is now the default setting for virtually all Republicans, including the president, attorney general and members of Congress. Statistical data (not only in the criminal justice system), the series of unjustified police killings of African Americans, the disproportionate number of Black people afflicted by covid-19, and nearly every other social or economic indicator (from life span to wealth) reveal that the tentacles of racism still have a stranglehold on the country. The notion that everything is fine and that no institutional racism exists is the defense mechanism of a party invested in white supremacy. A party that willfully denies the painful reality of endemic racial inequity — and, therefore, lacks the desire to remedy it — cannot responsibly govern in a multiracial society. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/09/03/its-not-just-trump-all-republicans-must-go/

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

A rather thorough (and disturbing) account of Trump's disdain and disrespect of the military.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/im2uc1/comment/g3wws5g

I mentioned this in the Trump cabinet thread...it's hardly getting ANY play. The "liberal media" has it as mostly a sidebar. WaPo, CNN, NY Times, etc. Can you ****ing imagine if ANY other POTUS had this story come out about them? Their presidency probably would have been over within a day or two. 

9 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I would like to see some legislation that limits NDAs.  Use them to stop people from blabbing about proprietary business technology?  Good.  Use them to cover up the truth of someone's character or crimes committed?  No.  That's just allowing the rich to buy silence.

To be fair, NDAs used to cover up a crime would be struck down as void in the US.  

9 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

* quotrd twice for some reason*

If Biden wins, I think it will be from states we aren't expecting. Everyone assumes he wins the 3 rust states back and if he wins other states, it's just gravy. 

I am not so sure he wins all those states back. 

Fracking is big in PA and Joe's said contradictory things on that. It could hurt him enough in PA to cost him th e win there.

The national polls don't matter. It's the state polls and what issues are driving the vote in those states.

I don't why any black male really think voting for Trump will make their lives any better. Same thing with Hispanics . They will take their dissatisfaction with the Dems and vote f or Trump? They need to see the threat of a second Trump term. Even if only a small portion vote Trump, it could tip things.

The threat of what Trump will do, needs to out there nonstop. So, many ads; you get sick of them. Buy blocks of Tv time. The time is now.

Here's the honest truth: every time the Republicans enlarge the deficit through money giveaways to the wealthy class, and since Reagan using trickle down, and brush it off, the Democrats have to reduce the deficit because all of a sudden the Republicans care about it. When our economy is again back on it's feet, the Republicans again increase the deficit through that canard trickle down or just blatant giveaways like what happened three years ago under Trump.

Democrats will again have to fix the deficit starting next year amid the huge outcry from Republicans. 

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Trump is 100% the archetype of the "tin pot dictator" who manages to take some control but who is ultimately too completely and utterly incompetent to maintain it.

Agreed, this should already be over, he has us by the p**** and all that, up 3-1 on being elected in the first place and still possibly around to get reelected.

6 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

For those that served, do you believe the "losers" "suckers" comment? What is the feeling you get from your friends who are active duty or veterans?

Yes I believe it.  And the majority of people I know or work with are pro-Trump.  That survey that came out recently that had poll numbers for military members is not even kinda reflective of what I see and hear.  

From McMaster, to Mattis, to Kelly, on down the line I don't know how these military guys don't knock Trump square in the mouth at some point.   It probably requires every square inch of discipline and training they've ever been taught to not risk it all.  The amount of things they've probably heard him say.

45 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yes I believe it.  And the majority of people I know or work with are pro-Trump.  That survey that came out recently that had poll numbers for military members is not even kinda reflective of what I see and hear.  

And this sort of stuff doesn't bother them? Or is it all immediately disregarded as fake news?

Archived