Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

18 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Sorry, but I see the narrative forming of Trump being the hero that led the economy to a V-shaped recovery. 

yeah, but only to the pathetic malicious cretins who support him now and always have--iow, people for whom nothing you say or show will matter in a discussion..they're gonna do them no matter what facts or statistics sayn good or bad...it's silly to act like rational arguments or data really matter to trump supporters if it's against them or anything trumpworld

i don't see a good reason to pretend otherwise---it's wasted energy

just focus on ending all things trump-supporting is my view

and then fixing some of the big stuff that's been super-stupid and far worse since most of us have been alive

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I hope you are dead wrong because I don't see blue areas accepting a Trump win.  You will succession movements pop up, if he wins reelection.

Not sure if it'd go that far, but refresh my memory....weren't there some protests after Trump won 2016?

When he wins reelection in November, I think you're likely to see stuff like we are seeing this week in terms of people out on the streets. 

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

When he wins reelection in November, I think you're likely to see stuff like we are seeing this week in terms of people out on the streets. 

so you're going to vote for him twice? 

voter fraud!!

Just now, hail2skins said:

Not sure if it'd go that far, but refresh my memory....weren't there some protests after Trump won 2016?

If it looks like he’s got a good shot to win, I’m seriously taking the wife and kids and heading to the mountains for a few months. 

3 minutes ago, Hooper said:

If it looks like he’s got a good shot to win, I’m seriously taking the wife and kids and heading to the mountains for a few months. 

LOL! In 2016 I couldn't watch the debates, because I knew what was coming no matter what. I made arrangements to head out to Vegas on Election Day 2016. Unfortunately, a friend of mine who is a Trump fanatic (immigration) wanted to tag along, but it wasn't so bad, as he was even shocked that Trump won.

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Today's jobs report really just means a larger percentage of people have returned to work now rather than later. If anything, there's a real argument that this ends up bad news for Trump- it'd be one thing to be pointing to a rapidly dropping Unemployment number in August-September and claim things were about to get rosy, but another if there's just a slow drop in the numbers from now until November. 

Not to mention how many folks arent even looking for work anymore right now.

Those unemployment numbers are mad suspect, going to look more into that over the weekend for other metrics.

I get some folks wanting good news bad, but gotta keep conversation honest, CBO said we might not fully recover from this until 2030 and we still haven't hit second COVID wave yet.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cbo-says-economy-could-take-nearly-10-years-to-catch-up-after-coronavirus-11591044469

These outside groups really make Biden raising huge amounts of money largely unnecessary. Their ads are devastating and they will last the next 5 months. Biden can focus most money on GOTV operation. 

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

These outside groups really make Biden raising huge amounts of money largely unnecessary. Their ads are devastating and they will last the next 5 months. Biden can focus most money on GOTV operation. 

Are they just online though?

Im just now really noticing that Trump isn't building walls to keep protesters out. Its a convenient excuse, but there is no way they actually think people will or even could storm the white house. Hes barricading himself in. Hes actually going to contest the election results and dare us to come in and get him. And I would bet the military/feds will find enough questionable legal ground to support him. 

The barriers are supposed to be coming down June 10th I thought? It really makes no sense to keep putting them up

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/white-house-adds-new-fencing-around-perimeter-n1225296

The Secret Service said "the closures are in an effort to maintain the necessary security measures surrounding the White House complex, while also allowing for peaceful demonstration," adding that the closed-off areas would remain blocked until Wednesday.

Archived