Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

19 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

It should be Mayor Bottoms. She’s a damn good mayor, has a good working relationship with her community and police department, oversees a city undergoing rapid growth and she will garner additional votes for a swing state. 

She's not ready yet, Bowser could be that territory soon if she keeps that up. but Mayor Pete just get rejected and might not of been if he wasn't so green, no candidate is perfect, not all of them ready for nuclear launch codes handed to them of nowhere.

55 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

It should be Mayor Bottoms. She’s a damn good mayor, has a good working relationship with her community and police department, oversees a city undergoing rapid growth and she will garner additional votes for a swing state. 

Biden Bottoms

9 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I just hope Biden's running mate isn't someone who is excruciatingly boring.

Remember Tim Kaine? His roll out was like, "I speak Spanish!" 

That wasn't Tim Kaine, that was who they told Tim Kaine to be.  

I felt bad in that VP debate, you could tell he was told to run Pence over, he was a really good governor here in VA, had no problems with him.

I didn't recognize him.

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They are making this a lot harder than it needs to be. Pick Warren and get started on putting out policy/platform ideas so you can get ahead of Trump trying to frame your positions for months. 

I hate that it's going to be august before he decides.

Joe's probably struggling with an all white ticket vs inexperienced minority talent.

Its not an easy decision with the current climate.

9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They are making this a lot harder than it needs to be. Pick Warren and get started on putting out policy/platform ideas so you can get ahead of Trump trying to frame your positions for months. 

I hate that it's going to be august before he decides.

Hoping that a month plus of time from today calms the "You have to pick a black woman" fever. 

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Joe's probably struggling with an all white ticket vs inexperienced minority talent.

Its not an easy decision with the current climate.

Polling shows (the last one i saw anyway) that Warren is the preferred candidate even among minority voters. If you campaign is built on saving the country and pushing us forward, which Biden's is, Warren makes the most sense, in addition to a lot of other reasons that make her the best option.

I sincerely hope the idea isn't to just hand the car keys to the VP at 4 years. That is bad idea now and a bad idea for 2024.  

Give us two mature, responsible, respectable and incredibly experienced people on the ticket in Biden and Warren. Sell it as "America's parents" or some **** that are looking out for us and putting the pieces back together while charting a new path forward. I think it would go over well. 

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Polling shows (the last one i saw anyway) that Warren is the preferred candidate even among minority voters. If you campaign is built on saving the country and pushing us forward, which Biden's is, Warren makes the most sense, in addition to a lot of other reasons that make her the best option.

Multiple polls show that. Which is what is so condescending about just forcing an unqualified black woman out there over a candidate with real solutions and whom the black voters prefer and acting like it's doing them a favor. 

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I sincerely hope the idea isn't to just hand the car keys to the VP at 4 years. That is bad idea now and a bad idea for 2024.  

There's no reason we HAVE to go with whomever Biden picks as VP as automatically the candidate in 2024. However, him handing it off in 4 years is, imo, easily the best strategy to hold the White House for 12 years. 

The Lincoln Project is, of course, anti-Trump Republicans. So to see them attacking Trump is standard. Even to have them pump up Biden, whom they're trying to help defeat him, isn't at all surprising.

However, to have a GOP group using this kind of language about Obama's performance is somewhat shocking, and refreshingly honest.

9 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

However, him handing it off in 4 years is, imo, easily the best strategy to hold the White House for 12 years. 

I agree here, just hoping a new generation can cut their teeth in this admin and we aren't trying to pencil in the next 12 years with Biden -4 and VP - 8. It's a foolish way to run a 2020 compaign with this much importance. 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

She's not ready yet, Bowser could be that territory soon if she keeps that up. but Mayor Pete just get rejected and might not of been if he wasn't so green, no candidate is perfect, not all of them ready for nuclear launch codes handed to them of nowhere.

I'm not entirely sure what "ready" means for a VP. I don't think it's a position that should go exclusively to Senators or Governors.

Mayors of major metro regions in America are a lot more qualified than most governors or senators when it comes to policy execution and community outreach. She's proven to be a really good mayor and she will have a credibility on an issue that is deeply hurting the social fabric of this country.

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

Mayors of major metro regions in America are a lot more qualified than most governors or senators when it comes to policy execution and community outreach. 

This is so true. I remember when Sarah Palin was getting the big push as the Gov of Alaska. Like, County Executives in the DMV have a greater responsibility than the Gov of Alaska... 

10 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I agree here, just hoping a new generation can cut their teeth in this admin and we aren't trying to pencil in the next 12 years with Biden -4 and VP - 8. It's a foolish way to run a 2020 compaign with this much importance. 

I will be extremely disappointed if Biden doesn't have the most diverse cabinet in history with a lot of gen X and a couple millennials. I expect at least 2 supreme court picks being a younger black woman and a younger Asian person. 

F the polling. From now until election day, Biden, the Dems, DNC, Lincoln project, Pro-Dem PACs, etc need to act like they are playing from behind. ESPECIALLY for those senate seasons in Arizona, Maine, Colorado and North Carolina. Then you go heavier in Kentucky, SC and Bama because "who knows what things will look like in a few months?".  

16 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I'm not entirely sure what "ready" means for a VP. I don't think it's a position that should go exclusively to Senators or Governors.

I mean, being a heartbeat away from becoming the leader of the free world, you know, demonstrating any aptitude for dealing with World issues or how to run the World's largest economy, might be a decent idea, for starters?

80235380-347C-4F62-A407-56B1DC94C56C.gif

Archived