Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Wish we had a pool going, because Swalwell would've been my choice to drop out first (I don't count Ojeda).

Over Candidate Ouija Board?  This what I'm saying, yo, there's too many people running. Cthulhu could be on stage and people would complain about him not getting enough time to speak versus asking wtf is even doing on stage in the first place???

Kim Vladimir Trump is pretty darn good. You could throw in a whole bunch of other terms, too, but that works pretty well given who the President idolizes, sucks up too, and cowers in fear of.

Loony left desert cliff diver? I don't really get it. Maybe Sanders and whatshername that self-help guru, but the cliff diving belongs to the Right. After all, look at how they accelerated the National Debt, look how they sheer off environmental protections. I mean if that's not a cliff-dive-leap-of-faith that every bad actor will suddenly become a saint and behave well or that the cost of debt will never bite us... I don't know what is.

6 hours ago, nonniey said:

If you're going to rename the thread should you not be a bit more accurate and say the Inept and/or incompetent manchild versus the loony left desert (ie no water at the bottom) cliff diver?

God you are so smart 

People must really respect the hell out of your wit. I say that without laughter. Seriously. For reals 

Just now, LD0506 said:

I'd say the sides are pretty clear whatever you call them or want to admit they are

One is unapologetically, unabashedly, gleefully evil, reveling in abusing children et. al.

The other is not

Whats crazy is that some Repubs would argue that the only reason the Dems are NOT "apologetically, unabashedly, gleefully evil, reveling in abusing children" is because it doesnt help them politically to do so. And I would argue that by the same logic thats exactly why the Repubs do it...or they are just evil. And we wouldnt get anywhere cause anyone who would argue this **** at this point are all idiots or evil themselves anyway. 

What a ****ed up way for this country to end up. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

We should rename it "People With Common Sense vs The Terminally Slow and Hateful... But Mostly Slow"

I'll settle for this

Unfortunately for the people with common sense, their candidates won't be nominated or will be 3rd party so essentially we have already lost.

48 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Unfortunately the people with common sense candidates won't be nominated or will be 3rd party so essentially we have already lost.

I feel like if someone can't look at Trump and truly believe that a rock with a smiley face painted on it would be a better POTUS, then there isn't much hope there. The whole "lesser of two evils" thing has now gotten to the point where it's essentially "do I want a global Ebola pandemic or a common cold? hmmmmmm".

36 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

GOP = nihilism ^^^^^

Been saying the exact same thing. People like Trump and McConnell are to me 100% nihilists. They believe in nothing besides themselves and getting/keeping power. And the GOP has been gleefully following the lead of people like them (while pretending to still be the party of values) for a long time now. 

28 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

RIP Ross Perot.

You helped in preventing the world being ruled by HW Bush (again) and Bob Dole. *shudder*

RIP...dude was a character.

Dole is still kinda scary, but holy crap I would take H.W. Bush right now any time any day. I'd even settle for W right now. And that's absolutely terrifying to me seeing as how I was so against him while he was in office. It truly tells me how low we've gone with Trump in office. 

34 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

RIP Ross Perot.

You helped in preventing the world being ruled by HW Bush (again) and Bob Dole. *shudder*

Think what would have happened if HW had won. No Clinton probably a Different Dem wins in 1996 and reelected in 2000. If there was a 2d Bush it would have been Jeb and not George and likely in 2004 or 2008 not in 2000. Etc. And probably no Trump.

Saying you'd rather have W them Trump is like saying you'd rather have AIDS then cancer.  In no universe is Bush II better then Trump, they both suck, they both in the negative.  I'm not going off on anyone in particular here, but i find it amazing W out here handing chocolates to Michelle like he's not the second worst president in history.  Trump sunk the bar even further them Bush did, but it appears like Trump lowered the bar so far it makes Bush look good.

On 7/7/2019 at 7:34 PM, visionary said:

Looks like its official

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-2020-tom-steyer-announces-presidential-campaign-20190709-story.html

Probably just vanity.  Steyer can't seriously believe that voters are going to choose an old white guy billionaire Democrat to counter old white guy billionaire Republican. 

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Saying you'd rather have W them Trump is like saying you'd rather have AIDS then cancer.  In no universe is Bush II better then Trump, they both suck, they both in the negative.  I'm not going off on anyone in particular here, but i find it amazing W out here handing chocolates to Michelle like he's not the second worst president in history.  Trump sunk the bar even further them Bush did, but it appears like Trump lowered the bar so far it makes Bush look good.

W Bush was a **** president and his terms weren't better for us from a policy perspective than Trump's has been so far but at least W wasn't a narcissistic sociopath and serial sex offender with the inability to act over the age of 6. At least he conducted himself marginally like an adult, even if not always fully presidential. I have no love for W and I think he was ignorant and did tons of stupid **** that had awful results, but I also don't think he was an actively evil or horrible person like Trump is.

IMO with W the results of what he did many times ended up awful (through ignorance and letting worse people think for him), even if what he intended wasn't necessarily awful. With Trump, being awful IS the entire motivation...everything he does stems from purposeful cruelty, venality and the incessant belief of the inferiority of others. 

I also used to think W was an idiot and ignorant. Then Trump came along and said "hold my beer".

I'd say it's more like Trump is AIDS and Bush was Lupus. An bad disease but not in the same camp as AIDS. 

Archived