Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Just now, NoCalMike said:

I know, right? I am glad the GOP is finally recognizing that white males are the real victims in this country. 

Is that the extent of your wit?

are you capable of more? Just curious

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

When their answer to everything is to give people **** for “free”

when everyone is a victim and personal responsibility has no place

But who's answer to everything has been "give people **** for free"? I feel like that's too hyperbolic. 

I agree on the second point, but IMO that doesn't just apply to the left...the right has been chugging away on the Victimhood Express for many years now. The main difference is that theirs is of the "everyone is trying to keep the white christian down, let's blame immigrants and minorities for it" variety. 

Just now, tshile said:

The liberals think they’re going to get to co-opt a majority of America into their progressive ideals because trump is bad. 

We’ll find out soon enough if they’re right. 

When liberalism is almost synonymous to basic human decency, it’s entirely possible the majority of Americans are liberal, now. And you actual conservatives will have to deal with that until you can elect or at least nominate a serious candidate that can push your views without underlying racism/evil/whatever the hell is happening to your party now. And I don’t even mean Presidential. From the top down the Republican Party is full of horrible people and new voters recognize that.

This is isn’t the liberal fault. In fact the biggest boon to the liberal party in my lifetime has been GOP control over the country. 

You have have the wrong bad guy, homie. If you really think liberal ideas are so terrible, you need to put forward a candidate that doesn’t make them look good in comparison. That makes sense doesn’t it? This overly liberal reaction is a direct result of what conservatives have done. 

14 minutes ago, tshile said:

When their answer to everything is to give people **** for “free”

when everyone is a victim and personal responsibility has no place

In 1928, a circular published by the Republican Party claimed that if Herbert Hoover won there would be “a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage."

Every candidate vows to give stuff for free regardless of party or era. They all overpromise. The important part is to look at the issue and the strategy. 

As for victimhood, I think the right are still leading that race by a couple lengths with their War on Christmas, etc.

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

I don’t agree with any of this. 

I dont think incremental change is what we’ve really had. And sweeping changes rarely work well. 

The liberals want to turn everything upside down. I don’t know how well that’s going to work as a campaign platform. I definitely doubt they have the ability and the will to actually execute it well if they do win. 

my point is that the boat needs to be rocked. We've been too afraid of implementing real change for the betterment of our people and it's caused us to devolve as a country from where we once were and the trajectory of equality and opportunity we once had. 

Small measured change isn't going to get us back on track. I'm ready for some bold new ideas that will change the status quo and actually bring improvements to the lives of Americans. 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

But who's answer to everything has been "give people **** for free"? I feel like that's too hyperbolic. 

I agree on the second point, but IMO that doesn't just apply to the left...the right has been chugging away on the Victimhood Express for many years now. The main difference is that theirs is of the "everyone is trying to keep the white christian down, let's blame immigrants and minorities for it" variety. 

Oh hey man, I’m not trying to prop up the right. They’re a **** show at the moment. And so much so it’s hard to see them ever being anything else 

and yeah it is hyperbolic but objective people understand and see it. 

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

ou have have the wrong bad guy, homie. If you really think liberal ideas are so terrible, you need to put forward a candidate that doesn’t make them look good in comparison. That makes sense doesn’t it? This overly liberal reaction is a direct result of what conservatives have done. 

No I don’t. 

I don’t have the wrong bad guy and I don’t have to nominate anyone (because I don’t get to nominate people)

I hope you guys are right. I hope this strategy works. 

If not you’re the biggest bunch of idiots to enter US politics in a long time. 

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

Is that the extent of your wit?

are you capable of more? Just curious

It's not supposed to be wit, or funny or a joke. 

A good portion of GOP voters view racism against whites as a bigger problem than actual racism.  Who is it that is feeding them this idea? 

The entire "victim culture" narrative is a way to write off real things that happen in the country.  

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

No I don’t. 

I don’t have the wrong bad guy and I don’t have to nominate anyone (because I don’t get to nominate people)

Ok cool. But out of fairness, this is the same argument you make all the time. (If you didn’t nominate the worst candidate ever then I wouldn’t have had to vote 3rd party and then we wouldn’t have trump) 

I hope you guys are right. I hope this strategy works. 

It it would work if people like you took their own ego out of it. Hopefully we can drag you along with us. 

If not you’re the biggest bunch of idiots to enter US politics in a long time. 

You voted 3rd party. Stfu

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It's not supposed to be wit, or funny or a joke. 

A good portion of GOP voters view racism against whites as a bigger problem than actual racism.  Who is it that is feeding them this idea? 

The entire "victim culture" narrative is a way to write off real things that happen in the country.  

I mean we have regular posters here claiming that Dems solely play identity politics (and that's why they'll never vote for them).

As if white Christian republicans aren't the biggest ****ing snowflakes on Earth. 🙄

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I’m sure the racists have co-opted that

but it’s also true. The liberal mindset seems to always find a big bad boogie monster to cause problems. 

Healthcare is not one I would put on the list but most of their other big issues are. 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

You voted 3rd party. Stfu

Yeah it’s my fault the awesome liberals lost to trump 😂

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

100%. The "oh geez everybody is a victim" whining is just an attempt to ignore when real systemic injustices and inequalities are exposed. 

And I want to be clear I am not talking about twitter trolls, cancel culture, keyboard warriors, who go after people for smaller petty things viciously for self gratification.  I believe that is in it's own category. 

I think largely the "victim culture" narrative from the right, people like Ben Shapiro and the like, has been pushed to try and make people believe all is well, everything is equal, same opportunities exist for all, and that anyone who says otherwise is "playing victim"

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Ok cool. But out of fairness, this is the same argument you make all the time. (If you didn’t nominate the worst candidate ever then I wouldn’t have had to vote 3rd party and then we wouldn’t have trump) 

No there’s a difference between a democrat voting in democratic primaries and participating in picking nominees and someone who didn’t participate in picking the nominee

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

It it would work if people like you took their own ego out of it. Hopefully we can drag you along with us. 

It’s not really looking that way

im finding it hard to give a **** about what’s good for you or others

every time I raise an objection about something and how it affects me im told: oh well

the thing is... everyone can play that game. So...

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

This is obvious. At least you can admit it. This “I don’t care about other people” thing is exactly why you don’t get it and exactly why Republicans are where they are. 

We we already know that about you here. You lay it out there often. 

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

every time I raise an objection about something and how it affects me im told: oh well

I know. People on twitter are so mean to you personally and it makes you sad. You have thrown more than a few temper tantrums in regards to this here....like your twitter relations are supposed to mean something. It’s twitter bro. Though, I would nominate a candidate that would defend you too if you her the chance. Honestly.

I, unlike you, do give a **** about others. It’s the only way we can win as a country. As a species. But as usual you see this is a you problem. And I can’t fix you. 

14 minutes ago, tshile said:

No there’s a difference between a democrat voting in democratic primaries and participating in picking nominees and someone who didn’t participate in picking the nominee

It’s not really looking that way

Tbh, I think you'll be waiting a long long time before every single whim of yours is answered by a candidate. American politics has always been about voting for the candidate you can stomache more.

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

This is obvious. At least you can admit it. This “I don’t care about other people” thing is exactly why you don’t get it and exactly why Republicans are where they are. 

We we already know that about you here. You lay it out there often. 

I voted for people who were for policies that were negative for me for the last 9 years. All dems. 

You dont know anything about me. I realize you think you do, but that says more about you. 

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I know. People on twitter are so mean to you personally and it makes you sad. You have thrown more than a few temper tantrums in regards to this here....like your twitter relations are supposed to mean something. It’s twitter bro. Though, I would nominate a candidate that would defend you too if you her the chance. Honestly.

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t use Twitter. The extent that I use Twitter is reading tweets posted here. 

Im talking about you guys. 

Just now, tshile said:

I voted for people who were for policies that were negative for me for the last 9 years. All dems. 

You dont know anything about me. I realize you think you do, but that says more about you. 

You said it yourself though 😂 

multiple times. You can’t even keep up with yourself. 

You are embarrassing yourself again. Stop it. 

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Tbh, I think you'll be waiting a long long time before every single whim of yours is answered by a candidate. American politics has always been about voting for the candidate you can stomache more.

Every single whim? What about one?

and yes, that’s my point. I’m curious how the nominee might or might not pivot. That’s my entire point. 

You all think the vast majority will stomach progressive policies for up to 8 years more than 4 more years of trump. I do not think you’re right. I realize I may be wrong here. It’s just an opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You said it yourself though 😂 

multiple times. You can’t even keep up with yourself. 

You are embarrassing yourself again. Stop it. 

It’s a new thing. Brought about by it being the response I’ve received over the years from the liberals. 

You had that hard of a time following that? I’m surprised. Oh well. 

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

You all think the vast majority will stomach progressive policies for up to 8 years more than 4 more years of trump. I do not think you’re right. I realize I may be wrong here. It’s just an opinion. 

Again tbf, the majority (2.9 million more voters) did prefer it in 2016 (despite what you describe as a historically bad candidate).

It just didn't result in an electoral victory. ButBut the majority (which is even better than plurality) did prefer it.

edit...oops. I was wrong. Plurality preferred it. 48.2% chose HRC. I had forgotten that the Russian bot Jill Stein siphoned off 1% of the vote. And had totally forgotten Gary Johnson got 3%. 😬

17 minutes ago, tshile said:

It’s a new thing. Brought about by it being the response I’ve received over the years from the liberals. 

You had that hard of a time following that? I’m surprised. Oh well. 

What’s a new thing? You not caring about people? 

Isnt that the same **** I said? To which you retorted “You don’t know anything about me”??

And you blaming your personal choice not to care about others on the meany dems is the most snowflake Republican thing I have ever seen anyone write on the internet and I mean that. Donald Trump would call you a loser for saying some stupid **** like that and having the nerve to be a smart ass about it lmao. 

I won’t though. Cause this isn’t twitter and it’s against the rules. But got damn boy. You represent yourself poorly. 

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

What are the unpopular progressive policies?

They are mean and they want to give people free ****. 

Archived