Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

17 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Need some of these folks to run for Senate. Gotta take back majority there too.

I suspect egos will mess them up here. I dont look forward to a majority in the senate until after 2020 and if said candidate is actually successful. 

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

I want to feel optimistic about that.  But I wonder if my "want" is affecting my opinion about what it would turn out to be.  

I'm with you.  It sounds good, but it's really just an expansion of the Peace Corps by 175,000.  Not in the same order of magnitude that would be needed to unify the country.  

12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'm with you.  It sounds good, but it's really just an expansion of the Peace Corps by 175,000.  Not in the same order of magnitude that would be needed to unify the country.  

Unified? This country will never be unified..

16 hours ago, visionary said:

Harris is going to overtake him here next time the two are on stage together, it would be a disservice if the DNC "randomly" selected that they arent on same stage same night, give the people what they want.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Harris is going to overtake him here next time the two are on stage together, it would be a disservice if the DNC "randomly" selected that they arent on same stage same night, give the people what they want.

Not sure I'd impose that rule on them.  A better service might even be to "seed" the debates.  Possibly better viewership.  And maybe a better shot at turning the field from 25 into 5-8.  

20 minutes ago, Larry said:

Not sure I'd impose that rule on them.  A better service might even be to "seed" the debates.  Possibly better viewership.  And maybe a better shot at turning the field from 25 into 5-8.  

To make sure I'm on same page, what do you mean by "seed" the debates?  The best way to shrink the field now is move 2% requirement up immediately instead of waiting until fall, imo, theres only like 4-5 people tops that stand a chance at nomination anyway.

Whether Biden ultimately squeaks by and holds onto the nomination or not, the important thing that needs to happen ASAP is to get rid of the "Biden or bust" narrative that the media has been holding onto for the last year or so when it comes to the 2020 General election.  I am encouraged by the fact that it took exactly 1 debate for other nominees to surge and narrow the gap, and in some cases jump ahead of Biden.  

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

There's zero need to do that. There are going to be at least 6 debates (or pairs of debates) before any vote is cast. The process is fine, no need to hijack it for some kind of fan service or whatever. It's much better to stay fair to the other candidates and stick with the process.

1 hour ago, Larry said:

One debate gets #1, 3, 5, 7, . . Other gets #2, 4, 6, . . . 

My suggestion at the beginning was to rank the candidates 1-20 (polling aggregate) and do the first debates as odds and evens and the second debate divided by a tourney draw format (ie, in debate 1 we'd get 1,4,5,8,9,12,13,16,17,20 in the second 2,3,6,7,10,11,14,15,18,19).

35 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

There's zero need to do that. There are going to be at least 6 debates (or pairs of debates) before any vote is cast. The process is fine, no need to hijack it for some kind of fan service or whatever. It's much better to stay fair to the other candidates and stick with the process.

This isn't about fan service its about being informative.  How you gonna have them all in stage and announce you won't ask them all the same questions because there isn't enough time?  What's the point of having them all up there if that's the case?  What NBC and DNC is doing is from an entertainment standpoint, what you say you want to avoid they are already doing with this format.

Archived