Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

21 minutes ago, Mooka said:

This seems a little pretzel'd up. 

If 2018 is any indication, States like AZ/TX/NC/GA could and should be battleground states. Thinking a Democrat can't win GA or TX is like thinking Trump couldn't win PA. (IMO) 

I don't think its about chasing voters you're probably not going to win; I think its more like a bell curve type thing where things influence each other. You also don't want to lose while you make gains. Can't work hard in WI/MI/PA while conceding Florida or Ohio. (or other areas/demographics) 

btw, here is some good data on how 2018, helps support your strategy:

https://ballotpedia.org/Pivot_counties:_How_Obama-Obama-Trump_counties_voted_in_the_2018_U.S._House_elections

I didn't say anything about ignoring states. You completely misread what I wrote. What I said was the repeating turnout model that worked in 2018 will work in 2020. 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Huh?  One the greatest victories the Tea Party could claim was the Sequester a desperate attempt to balance the budget.  I may be wrong but i felt if anything else their biggest gripe was out of control spending and the lost that battle hard, Trump is well in his way to trillion dollar deficit again while balloning the defense budget.  What you have left is a whole bunch of people mad at everything and looking for someone desperately to be as destruptive as they were, enter Trump.

The Tea Party didn’t support free trade.

And they were only against spending when Obama spent. They never cared otherwise, even under Bush II. Especially for the military.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Is that why corporate America is begging him to get back in the Paris Climate according and saying thanks but no that is on reducing the emissions standards Obama put in?  For every coal company that loves him there's two agriculture companies that hate his guts with the trade wars.

They arent upset at the tax cut they got.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This may sound crazy but getting rid of the GOP is not going to change the fact half the country is conservative.  It's in all our best interests that they get their **** together.

Totally agree.  And people thinking electing ________ will solve a ****ing thing are just as crazy as........everyone else.

Mayor Pete should end his campaign sooner than later. When you are polling at 0% of the black vote, you’re done. He should get out and spend the next several years building those bridges. 

Btw, when do I get to start the Raleigh City Council 2019

Hersh vs whomever thread

no joke: samforraleigh.com

22 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The Tea Party didn’t support free trade.

And they were only against spending when Obama spent. They never cared otherwise, even under Bush II. Especially for the military.

Tea Party wasnt founded until 2009, no one elected until 2010.  The irony of tea party citizens not liking free trade is the tea party candidates they voted for did (that I still dont get, maybe something they just had to concede on at the time):

https://thinkprogress.org/most-tea-partiers-think-free-trade-agreements-that-tea-party-candidates-support-are-bad-for-the-7bd06e6157ae/

They arent upset at the tax cut they got.

Man, if we get a white board and draw a line down the middle with Trump policies corporate America  likes or dislikes, which side do you think is going to get filled up first? : )

28 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This may sound crazy but getting rid of the GOP is not going to change the fact half the country is conservative.  It's in all our best interests that they get their **** together.

Well depends on how you define getting rid of. Some on this boards definition of that certainly would change the fact that half the country is conservative (thinning the herd?). 

21 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Well depends on how you define getting rid of. Some on this boards definition of that certainly would change the fact that half the country is conservative (thinning the herd?). 

In general, I'm not a fan of being neutral or hoping for some population lowering event like one wont get caught up in it themselves eventually.

33 minutes ago, Hersh said:

There is still time 

Kind of debatable. Hickenlooper's challenge would be winning the primary. And there are a couple of Dems in that race that people are apparently excited about. Not sure if Hickenlooper weakened himself enough that it kills his chances, but it's possible. Beto was always going to have an uphill battle winning in Texas and he's done nothing but damage himself. I definitely think he's virtually destroyed his chance to win Senate seat (for now). 

Bullock is the one who should drop out tomorrow and run for the Senate. Beto should be a cautionary tale. You can go from having a promising future to being somewhat of a laughingstock really quickly. 

58 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Kind of debatable. Hickenlooper's challenge would be winning the primary. And there are a couple of Dems in that race that people are apparently excited about. Not sure if Hickenlooper weakened himself enough that it kills his chances, but it's possible. Beto was always going to have an uphill battle winning in Texas and he's done nothing but damage himself. I definitely think he's virtually destroyed his chance to win Senate seat (for now). 

Bullock is the one who should drop out tomorrow and run for the Senate. Beto should be a cautionary tale. You can go from having a promising future to being somewhat of a laughingstock really quickly. 

It's ego for these guys. Field could easily be cut to 8 now. 

Sanders is done. Hopefully he does a good job of standing aside that doesn't send the Bernie Bros off to a Jill Stein mentality. 

Hickenaloopaloopalooper is losing staff. He never got going.

Changed perspective at the top of this primary makes me want these candidates who could be running for Senate in their states.....to now do that. Bullock, Hick, etc.

14 hours ago, Hersh said:

It's ego for these guys. Field could easily be cut to 8 now. 

It's an odd bit of ego, though. Thinking it's better to run for Prez and get 1% support rather than a genuine shot at the Senate. You really gotta think you can wow people and break through in a field this big and dynamic. 

As I said before, I only ever thought there were 4 who really had a decent shot to win. But I won't begrudge some people  beyond even the top 8 who aren't going to win but are legitimate candidates for now. The Castros and Gillenbrands, etc. I also like that the party is giving everyone a shot to make their case for a couple debates and then will be winnowing by Sept. Hope they get even more aggressive in doing so by Nov. 

6 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

It's an odd bit of ego, though. Thinking it's better to run for Prez and get 1% support rather than a genuine shot at the Senate. You really gotta think you can wow people and break through in a field this big and dynamic. 

As I said before, I only ever thought there were 4 who really had a decent shot to win. But I won't begrudge some people  beyond even the top 8 who aren't going to win but are legitimate candidates for now. The Castros and Gillenbrands, etc. I also like that the party is giving everyone a shot to make their case for a couple debates and then will be winnowing by Sept. Hope they get even more aggressive in doing so by Nov. 

Agreed. Wishful thinking would be anybody not polling anywhere near 10% would drop out by Sept. 

Archived