Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

Message added by TK,

So are any of these positions currently being taken by democrats actually going to win back the voters in middle America that they lost to trump?  I guess the more direct question which of the 20+ candidates can actually win back those voters!!

3 hours ago, kfrankie said:

So are any of these positions currently being taken by democrats actually going to win back the voters in middle America that they lost to trump?  I guess the more direct question which of the 20+ candidates can actually win back those voters!!

They will not win back the voters that voted for Trump.

If Sanders is the nominee, his voters will come back and vote for him.

6 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

They will not win back the voters that voted for Trump.

If Sanders is the nominee, his voters will come back and vote for him.

Well Sanders is a long shot.  And if the voters who abandoned ship for Trump stay with him the result will be the same as 2016.

3 hours ago, kfrankie said:

D-VGVpdXoAEE-BV?format=jpg&name=medium

The American right is closer to Nazis than the center.

• Like 2

Exactly. They don’t need or want those voters and they shouldn’t be chasing them. Many of those voters haven’t been helped by trump and have seen him for what he really is. If they still think they should vote for trump after 2.5-3 years of him, well **** them they are lost causes as far as being concerned with “winning” their votes. 

Secondly, the key to the their historic success in the 2018 midterms was getting new voters and actual Dems to turnout. They did that by offering a distinct vision for America that was direct contrast to Trump’s brand of politics and policies. They did it by running on a progressive agenda. The base and new non-voters were energized to 1) go against trump and 2) take America back with policies that reflect our ideals 

thats their key to winning. People in the rust belt that voted for trump because of economic anxiety aren’t going to decide this election 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

People in the rust belt that voted for trump because of economic anxiety whiteness aren’t going to decide this election 

Fixed that for you.

Dems will only win by turning out new voters. You turn out new voters by exciting them with a new vision.

Chasing the “Never Trumpers” And Trump voters is not going to win the election.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Fixed that for you.

Dems will only win by turning out new voters. You turn out new voters by exciting them with a new vision.

100% agree.  This will be a base election.  Everything comes down to who turns out their core constituencies better.  And the way for Democrats to do that is with 1.) Ground Game, and 2.) Ideas that their constituencies can get behind.

The progressive base wants all kinds of reforms.  The candidate who does the best job selling their ideas on reforms is going to win the nomination and also have a good chance to beat Trump.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Fixed that for you.

Besides, let's be honest, 2016 was decided more by people sitting on the sidelines and not voting and Russian interference, then it was people who voted for Trump who normally would have voted for the Dem. I do think there was some disaffection, but the main problem is the people who stayed home or got suckered by the mass misinformation campaign.

Although how people got gulled into being convinced that Trump would be less corrupt than Clinton I will never understand. 

So I guess the consensus is to use the same playbook as 2016, and hope that more blue voters show at the polls?

8 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

D-VGVpdXoAEE-BV?format=jpg&name=medium

The American right is closer to Nazis than the center.

Where are the Nazis on that chart? The German alt party?

The only way the Dems win in 2020, is get people who sat out in 2016 and people who have never voted.

The left direction of the party will turn off some voters. So, they will need historic turnout to defeat the right wing

Fear machine.

Whether that happens remains to be seen. They need that magic  like 2008.

I'll be shocked if it happens.   To win, they will be relying on people with a poor track record in voting.

The Dems better hope their nominee, Lizzie or Kamala can do it. 

• Like 1
Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

Whether that happens remains to be seen. They need that magic  like 2008.

I'll be shocked if it happens.   To win, they will be relying on people with a poor track record in voting.

Those same people had an even worse midterm track record. the chance to vote against Trump and be part of this resistance produced record turnout even in conservative areas for more moderate Dem candidates. 

Aside from massive voter suppression and election interference, I just don't think Trump wins against any of the main candidates. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Burgold said:

Besides, let's be honest, 2016 was decided more by people sitting on the sidelines and not voting and Russian interference, then it was people who voted for Trump who normally would have voted for the Dem. I do think there was some disaffection, but the main problem is the people who stayed home or got suckered by the mass misinformation campaign.

My concern is the interface this cycle will be full throttle, much more than 2016.  Russia learned they can do anything and face no repercussions. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Those same people had an even worse midterm track record. the chance to vote against Trump and be part of this resistance produced record turnout even in conservative areas for more moderate Dem candidates. 

This is being over looked alot. Dems never showed up for the midterms. But all of a sudden ****ing Texas is purple. Either we wised up and understood the only way to win is vote, or people just want to beat Trump. Either way the same dynamic exists today and will in 2020 unless Trump changes. And thats not possible. 

And even if Trump loses, the Senate is not likely to flip any time soon, which will prevent serious ramifications even with a Democratic President.  Russia/the right has learned they can lie/interfere without any serious consequences.

(Obama really messed up.  I know it was a hard spot, and he thought Hillary would win, but 20/20 hindsight, it was a mistake.)

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

This is being over looked alot. Dems never showed up for the midterms. But all of a sudden ****ing Texas is purple. Either we wised up and understood the only way to win is vote, or people just want to beat Trump. Either way the same dynamic exists today and will in 2020 unless Trump changes. And thats not possible. 

It is going to be easier for Russia/the right to do their thing when they have a single candidate to focus in on.

18 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

My concern is the interface this cycle will be full throttle, much more than 2016.  Russia learned they can do anything and face no repercussions. 

At least for 2 more years. Maybe 6. But there will be a price to pay eventually. Let's just hope we haven't alienated all of our European and Asian allies by then. 

41 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I share that concern. I don’t know that I have faith in our electoral apparatus. Possibly worse, I think those whose job it is to safeguard our elections may do worse than turn a blind eye to trespass and tampering. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I share that concern. I don’t know that I have faith in our electoral apparatus. Possibly worse, I think those whose job it is to safeguard our elections may do worse than turn a blind eye to trespass and tampering. 

Yea I would not be a bit surprised to learn the not only did Russia repeat their previous actions but this time, just straight up changed votes.

2020 will definitely be an interesting test of the public and especially the media. The media really had no idea how to deal with propaganda and fake news in 2016, and at times even amplified whatever was coming out of Wikileaks.

The one interesting dynamic however is that this time, Trump is the scandal ridden candidate. The Dems are idiots if they don't conduct impeachment hearings. All of his abuse of power and criminal violations should be laid bare around election time for the public to decide if this is the type of conduct they approve off from their elected officials.

Edited by No Excuses
59 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The Senate is in play and with a midterms repeat in turnout could swing the Dems way. 

You guys are putting a lot of eggs in the “rely on voters that don’t vote” basket

you got it last midterm. You’re counting on it this general. Now we’re talking about next midterm. 

Risky bet. Guess we’ll see

26 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yea I would not be a bit surprised to learn the not only did Russia repeat their previous actions but this time, just straight up changed votes.

Or registration records. Don’t have to change votes, just prevent some people from voting. 

Given what ive seen (only public info but I imagine I’m more in tune with it than most since it aligns with all my news feeds) I’m not certain they didn’t mess with something last time and I have no faith we can stop them in future elections

Edited by tshile
  • Rdskns2000 changed the title to Presidential Election: 11/3/20- Joe Biden WILL BEAT Donald Trump. Yes he will, U-watch. Friday or Saturday, Joe will win!
  • Jumbo changed the title to Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread