Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Hank Stuever is the television critic at the Washington Post.  His column today was perfect.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/trump-biden-debate-tv-review/2020/09/30/f5217482-020d-11eb-a2db-417cddf4816a_story.html

The first debate was one of the worst moments in television history

by Hank Stuever

Tuesday night’s debate between President Trump and Joe Biden was a low point for television, for politics, for America — 95 minutes of proof that the nation has slipped into irredeemable darkness.

It was some of the worst TV that the country should ever have to see; years from now, I expect to see it ranked alongside terrorist attacks, space shuttle explosions and erroneous Oscar announcements. The blame for this goes to the president, who I’m sure believes he did a wonderful job, but who, in fact, debased the medium that made him.

One candidate, Biden, came prepared to debate; the president came with only the intent to disrupt the event, impervious to any attempt by an often helpless moderator, “Fox News Sunday” anchor Chris Wallace, to conduct an actual discourse. Trump’s lone asset (besides a bronzer glow-up to a bizarre shade of crayon that isn’t yet included in the box) was the energy and ferocity with which he interrupted Biden’s attempts to answer.

Trump delivered a constant, unhinged and fulsome pelting of dubious examples, strange retorts, immature insults and outright lies. (In other words, the full set list.) In the face of such noise, Biden’s answers tended to stray as the candidate struggled to keep track of what was happening — believing, to no great effect, that he could counteract some of it by shaking his head, smiling and chuckling at the absurdity of it all.

At home, we weren’t chuckling or shrugging at the absurdity of all. Many of us were screaming at our TVs, engorged as we are on the facts, the outrage and the clapbacks we’ve mastered in these low, endlessly combative years. Once or twice, Wallace served as a sturdy cross-examiner of both men, but his reliance on simple decorum (and the notion that he could keep either candidate on topic) was overrun by the president’s rudeness.

The rest is worth the read:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/trump-biden-debate-tv-review/2020/09/30/f5217482-020d-11eb-a2db-417cddf4816a_story.html

18 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Still don't know how Joey B kept a cool head when Trump mocked both Beau and Hunter.

I'd have been..

giphy.gif

I said last night, after the debate, he would have to meet me outside the parking lot. I would have swung on him afterwards. He would have to catch these hands. 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Still don't know how Joey B kept a cool head when Trump mocked both Beau and Hunter.

I'd have been..

giphy.gif

Valueless words of a vacuous stain.  

Biden is someone who has been forced to stare into the darkest voids of despair and pulled through. He has not been compromised by his setbacks and shortcomings. In many cases, learned from them. Moments like these only strengthen his resolve to get this dangerous clown out. 

Back, after taking a few days off to re-assess. Just gonna say some stuff, and leave it at that, for whoever wants to read. I get heated, and emotional at times, depending on subject matter. 

People may see it as me trying to be a "tough guy," or faking like im tough but to steal a line, that may a "You problem," just as much as me being annoyed by someone laughing at a post about Trump not being a legitimate president.

What you are seeing is the anger of someone who is part of a group of people directly targeted by this admin. Targeted by people who would rather destroy everything (destroy me and people who look like me) than do whats right, and help the man/woman/child next to them.

My posts in here aren't always going to be sunshine and rainbows (like many others here), and I may come off as insensitive in certain remarks I make. I take full responsibility for those comments, but take none of them back. None.

I've never called someone out that didn't deserve calling out. Ever. So... if you are a jerk, or make a jerk post, or are trying to be cute when the situation doesn't call for it, you won't like what I have to say, and I would expect the same treatment if the shoe were on the other foot.

I am a person who has figuratively been to Hell and back, and I know who and what I am, better than anyone else here. I've never hid what I've gone through, or tried to hide behind it. I always lay it out there. People are afforded that opportunity in places like this.

I will own my mistakes, and apologize for taking the thread off topic several days ago. Wasn't my intent, and I readily admit that Donald J Trump and Co are a weakness of mine.

I will do better from now on.

Archived