Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, Florgon79 said:

Disagree. He had the information in the very beginning. He was informed this would get bad. At best he's not responsible for the first deaths, before we understood that it had already made it's way to Seattle and the west coast.

He purposefully downplayed it from the moment he knew it would be bad in order to get reelected. He is the leader of this country and he is responsible even if he says he takes no responsibility. His biggest mistake was thinking this virus would only effect people in densely populated cities, the ones he hates and vilifies so much. He did not expect this to move to rural areas where his base lives.

Anyways my point is that once he was informed of how catastrophic this could become, he chose to lie to the American public and downplay the virus, and that did not start at 100k deaths.

Oh, I agree.  His response from Day 1 was to hope he could lie it into non-existence.  

My point was that if we'd had competent leadership, we'd still have a lot of dead folks today.  It wouldn't be 200,000.  But it wouldn't be 10, either.  

I left it running while I played call of duty. So I count as someone who watched it all but checked out after 5 minutes. 

I was interested to see how the tax story would go. And while I didn’t expect to learn anything I was going for comedic value on some level. 

but a couple minutes in it was clear trump was just going to ramble over top of everyone and Wallace was just going to let him do it. So I checked out. 

The only way to do another debate is to segment them somehow (rooms, booths, buildings, whatever) and to cut mics off while the other person is speaking. 

I do not expect our media to put the interests of the country first and I fully expect them to enable the **** show best they can do they can collect on ratings. So I expect future debates to be the same. 

bravo national journalists. Bravo. 

Just now, Larry said:

Oh, I agree.  His response from Day 1 was to hope he could lie it into non-existence.  

My point was that if we'd had competent leadership, we'd still have a lot of dead folks today.  It wouldn't be 200,000.  But it wouldn't be 10, either.  

Agreed. I thought your point was that he’s only on the hook for half just because that’s how many there would probably be(at least) had he done the right thing. That’s how I interpreted your original post anyways. 

17 minutes ago, tshile said:

It seems to me trumps entire strategy on the vote counting hinges on him “winning” to vote tally at the end of election night. Then arguing that any attempt to change it afterwards (mail in and absentee counting) is where the fraud is. 

so an interesting subplot I’m rooting for is for him to get trounced on Election Day. It sort of ruins the whole scheme. 

I could a scenario where flips and says; wait for the mail ins. I will win when the mail ins are counted.

1 hour ago, Larry said:

It would not be 10, but with extensive and early testing and tracing, advocating masks rather than mocking them, and preparation regarding PPE that he had plenty of forewarning about ... we could have been similar to Germany (which as a large country has many relevant comparables) which has a mortality rate per population of less than a fifth of the USA. If we had done this right we could have had less than 40k deaths, the economy would be much more open, people would be living more normal lives and not facing the massive death toll we will suffer in the Fall and Winter. Trump’s personal responsibility could top a third of a million by the time he (hopefully) leaves office, and the crisis will still be ongoing.

From the Missoula, Montana daily Missoulian newspaper...

Former Governor Marc Racicot to Vote for Biden

Former Montana governor and Republican National Committee Chair Marc Racicot on Tuesday said he would not vote for President Donald Trump, citing Trump's character as fault enough to vote for Democrat challenger Joe Biden on Nov. 3.

He offered up no specific praise for former Vice President Biden, but spoke of qualities such as patience, decency and openness to contrary opinion, qualities Racicot suggested are absent in the Trump administration, as the reason for voting against the Republican president.

"I regret that I will cause consternation perhaps in some corners, but even as a Republican, I will not be supporting Donald Trump for president, and I will not be voting for him," Racicot said. "That means I will be voting for Joe Biden for president. … I'm not going to march lockstep with him every step of the way or with the administration. I'll have disagreements, I'm certain. But the content of a man's character or a woman's character to serve in that capacity is more important than any other issue that I have to consider as a matter of conscience."

https://missoulian.com/news/local/former-gov-marc-racicot-to-vote-for-biden/article_40ae7b0c-5c79-50a4-8873-8db750b4ab47.html#utm_source=missoulian.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletter-templates%2Fnews-alert&utm_medium=PostUp&utm_content=8027ef6325f543859e5778884cc43c29e1006832

6 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

I as big of an anti-trumpet as any, but he has condemned blanco supremacy.

EVERY instance shown in that video he's reading off a Teleprompter words written by someone else.  Every example there, except one.  And in that instance the  next line was him telling us there were fine people on both sides. 

He's like Ron Burgundy.  He'll read anything on a teleprompter that his staff will cook up.  But listen to him unscripted and his true vile self comes through. So get outta here with that ****. 

Anyone who has worked in a large organization, where you need the expertise (and dissenting opinions) of others, knows how ineffective Trump must be.

Having a petulant, ignorant, narcissist doing what is the most complex job in the world is ridiculous, whatever your politics.

When the most highly respected and dedicated experts, such as McMaster and Mattis, can no longer bear to serve under him, it tells you all you need to know about Trump’s fitness to lead.

Trump is going to lose and he knows it. He is blatantly telling us all that he knows his only chance to win is to have the Supreme Court reject a boatload -- like millions -- of mail in votes. It is mind-blowing, it is a real threat to our democracy, and yet the GOP and Fox News are acting like it's not happening. 

29 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

He would not condemn it leading up to the 2016 vote and you won't hear him condemn it from last night up to the 2020 vote. he desperately needs that group's votes. All the clips in that video were from the most convenient time to make condemnations. He was clear of the 2016 election and far away from the 2020 election. Also- He was reading most of those statements, not speaking from his own heart. 

I'm not calling him a flat-out white supremacist, but that faction is absolutely dear to his campaign.

Edit- Also, I noticed he stayed pretty vague about referring to any group in particular. He did mention the KKK, that I did note. Beyond that though he just used words like "hate."

31 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

This was mostly only 2017 after the vote and only when he was pressed by his "good people on both sides" comment. But Ok there were a few 2019 sprinkled in there. So just for the sake of argument, let's say he just did so becasue it was the right thing to do. Why not do it again last night in front of everyone during the debate? Why back off from making that statement then? Biden has condemned the violence from protestors repeatedly and he did so again last night. 

The above is virtually meaningless if he will not back it up and say it during the debate like he and Chris Wallace were asking Joe to do. 

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Debate Commission plans to change format of next debate.

Oh, no....no, no, no.

I want to see Trump in that townhall "debate" in front of those undecideds.  

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

This was mostly only 2017 after the vote and only when he was pressed by his "good people on both sides" comment. But Ok there were a few 2019 sprinkled in there. So just for the sake of argument, let's say he just did so becasue it was the right thing to do. Why not do it again last night in front of everyone during the debate? Why back off from making that statement then? Biden has condemned the violence from protestors repeatedly and he did so again last night. 

The above is virtually meaningless if he will not back it up and say it during the debate like he and Chris Wallace were asking Joe to do. 

There's also this:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

Hitler was a vegetarian, too.  

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Oh, no....no, no, no.

I want to see Trump in that townhall "debate" in front of those undecideds.  

There's also this:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

Hitler was a vegetarian, too.  

They will announce the changes later. I think they want to make it; so there’s no interruptions. How they do that is beyond me. Maybe strap Trump to a taser?

Let’s summarize.

1- He told his supporters to storm polling places, which in the Philly example he cited is illegal.  This to stop voter fraud which he alleges is already going on.
2- He told his supporters that mail in ballots are voter fraud.  
3- He told the proud boys to “stand by” which is definitely not “stand down” a distinction we should be able to safely assume is known to the Commander in Chief.  
4- Hes accused his political opposition of crimes against the country and himself personally. 

Folks, we’ve seen this story before.  Trump is playing a very dangerous game and Americans are being far too quick in dismissing all of this as gaffs.  He’s been consistent, so this isn’t a bumbling President making small errors.  

Let’s hope for a landslide victory for a Biden here.  If it’s close Trump has intentionally set the stage for a disaster. 

It doesn’t matter if he said it once or twice before. He’s running for President now and he won’t say it cause they will vote for him. 

Besides the fact that stand by sounds like he’s got command of them and he knows it. That’s a problem. White nationalists are taking it as a command. That’s a problem. 

Archived