Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

He didn’t say stand down, which has meaning.  He said stand back and stand by. 

He’s done this many times before.  He’s even done it with masks during the corona pandemic.  He politicized them, then wore one later.  It’s a pattern, it’s not a mistake.

Thanks. I'll fix my post with the correct wording.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I know Joe doesn't want to throw Hillary under the bus but he has to put this to bed, she said it, not Joe.

He should have said it then and put that **** to bed that moment. I couldnt believe he didnt say it. I was losing my **** at that moment. A few bottles deep 

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, like Tim Scott said today...if he misspoke, he can say he misspoke.  But he hasn't said that.  He hasn't said anything about it.

Any logical person with good intentions would have immediately said after "Yeah, I misspoke and..." go proceed to correct themself.  He's had plenty of time to do it.  And he hasn't.

Even if he misspoke his ego won't let him admit he's made a mistake, let alone apologize for one.  Have you ever heard him admit a mistake, or apologize for one?

We should have seen this coming:

Proverbs: “Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him” (26:4). 

"Do not argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

- Plato

Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools.

- Albert Einstein

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

-Benjamin Franklin

Power does not corrupt men; fools, however, if they get into a position of power, corrupt power.

- George Bernard Shaw

Chris Christie, Rick Santorum and other GOP pundits are commenting that Trump came on too "hot" last night (understatement of the month.)

My theory is that he has been spooked and agitated by the financial revelations about him just published in the N.Y. Times.  In his worldview his entire worth as a person is measured by how much money he has - or, more accurately, how much he is perceived to have. The Times pierced the heart of that.  And there's more revelations coming, according to the Times. The house of cards is falling, and he's feeling increasingly cornered and besieged as all his cheating and lying related to his finances is laid bare.

That was his state of mind walking onto the world stage last night.  And it didn't end well for him.

4 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Better to keep your mouth shut & let people think you're a fool than to open it & remove all doubt. 

Ancient Egyptian proverb: “Conceal your heart; control your mouth...speak after you have mastered the craft.”

8 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Chris Christie, Rick Santorum and other GOP pundits are commenting that Trump came on too "hot" last night (understatement of the month.)

My theory is that he has been spooked and agitated by the financial revelations about him just published in the N.Y. Times.  In his worldview his entire worth as a person is measured by how much money he has - or, more accurately, how much he is perceived to have. The Times pierced the heart of that.  And there's more revelations coming, according to the Times. The house of cards is falling, and he's feeling increasingly cornered and besieged as all his cheating and lying related to his finances is laid bare.

That was his state of mind walking onto the world stage last night.  And it didn't end well for him.

I think he just knows that he's done a poor job and that basically every question was going to open him up to brutal attacks, and the only thing he could do (other than drop out) was to short circuit any actual debate.  

I think the odds are fairly high that he declares one or both of the other debates as "rigged" and drops out.  It's the coward's way out.

Archived