Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Eclipse Thread

Sticksboi05

1 hour ago, PCS said:

Won't lie. A bit envious of the reporter and those around him watching the Eclipse at Jackson Hole. 

Im up here.

Was incredible. 

There was a rippling effect right before the totality. The ground looked like moving water.

I'm in Damascus. Saw the eclipse (to a crescent) through various means. Didn't get all that dark, honestly...  Right on the threshold of "Hey, it's kinda weird outside." darkness. Im just gonna have to find a place in the future so I can witness the "Jimmy, grab the Bible!" darkness

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Felt the temperature drop in DC.  It didn't get dark, but there was a weird softening of the light as the temperature dropped noticeably.

Yeah thats about how it was here. The lighting got a bit weird and the temps dropped. Felt like it was maybe 3 hours past the actual time. Nothing more.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm in Damascus. Saw the eclipse (to a crescent) through various means. Didn't get all that dark, honestly...  Right on the threshold of "Hey, it's kinda weird outside." darkness. Im just gonna have to find a place in the future so I can witness the "Jimmy, grab the Bible!" darkness

Yeah, the next one is in 2024 and its path is no where close to NC, VA, DC, etc.  for totality that is. 

Image result for 2024 solar eclipse path of totality map

47 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

Our work paid for us to go to a minor league baseball game that changed game time to coincide with the eclipse. They gave out glasses and everything.  Around 1, the clouds rolled in. It's been overcast the entire time, so we see nothing. At least we got a free baseball game and a few hours outside of work. I'll have to catch the pictures on the internet.

The clouds went away and we were able to view as it was going away. Pretty cool. I wish I could have seen it more at its peak. 

26 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Felt the temperature drop in DC.  It didn't get dark, but there was a weird softening of the light as the temperature dropped noticeably.

Similar event here.  Street lights came on, but it wasn't dark.  Just a weird kind of graying of the light.  

Definite temp drop.  The sun didn't feel hot on bare skin.  

Yep, as others stated, odd hazy look, temp drop, and yeah the moon blocked the sun for all of 60 seconds. So glad that I didn't travel to see something like this. 

Maybe if I had kids it would have been a really cool thing. However, I don't even think most kids were that impressed. 

Archived