Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Eclipse Thread

Sticksboi05

3 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Felt the temperature drop in DC.  It didn't get dark, but there was a weird softening of the light as the temperature dropped noticeably.

Same happened here in the Harrisburg, PA area. It got cooler and it felt like you were wearing shades. Was pretty nifty, though. Everyone in the office took some time to step out and watch it. Was kind of a bonding experience. 

6 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

would've been funny if it turned out to be overcast

Dude, living up here you should know that's not funny. It's rained all but like, 6 days this summer. When I woke up this morning and saw that there was no rain in the forcast, except for a 50% chance between 1-4 PM, I was so pissed. Thankfully it was just overcast during the peak coverage so I got to see it, but I was mentally expecting the worse.

3 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

2024 passes within 90 minutes of me. Would like to be a boat on Lake Erie for that one. 

It got gray here during peak. Pretty cook

My wife's parents live in northern VT. Good thing I get along with them, might be time to start planning a trip to see them...

Shep about sums up my thought

I mean it's cool

It'd be cooler if I could have seen the total eclipse, but I couldnt

But that's about it

I think the temperature drop and the total darkness is cooler than the imagery of the sun

Archived