Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Post Franchise Tag 4pm Deadline Deal Or No Deal Fallout Thread

TK

Just now, thesubmittedone said:

Here comes the team's propaganda any moment now! The new villain will be cast, hurry everyone buy your tickets! 

I can't believe it. Actually, I totally can. 

It's been a long time coming, and I partly hate myself for it... but I'm actively rooting against the Owner and Team President of the franchise I adore. Which, in a sense, means I'm rooting against the franchise. 

And it's totally legitimate. That's where they've pushed me. As hard as I've tried not to go there, they've insisted.

I hope Kirk punishes them. Assholes. I agree with Breer's recent article. It's time for Kirk to put those aholes on a "prove it" deal.

But I'll go a step further. In the same way they did it to him, he should be adamant they can't ever really, truly, "prove it". Just talk like they did. And nitpick every perceived issue they've had. Rank their FO structure, which IS actually crap by any logical observation. 

Damnit. 

Its already out 

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I hope that the Skins will look to the 2018 draft for a QB in the 1st round NOW that they have decided to pass on a LTD for KC.  The 2018 draft could be one of the better drafts in a long time for a signal caller. 

Is it possible to start tanking now? That's the only way to be in a position to get one of them. 

Well, took precisely zero time for Allen to **** on Kirk and his agent. Some of the blame may fall on them, but with Snyder/Allen's MO of taking a firm **** on anyone/anything that doesn't go their way, I have a hard time believing this is the whole story.

Pathetic man.

Bruce Allen (not really): "Our goal was to sign Kirk to a long-term deal with the final objective of having him finish his career with the Redskins. As such, we offered Kirk a 14-year contract with $53m guaranteed. In fact, the entire value of the contract was guaranteed. This is truly an historic offer. We're amazing. What a fool this Kirk kid is for passing on a 14-year contract worth a whopping $53m! Would you decline a $53m contract? Truly, this kid does not get how hungry people in Africa are. You should all go hate on him. But after this year. Because for this year he's still unfortunately our guy."

Once again -- the Redskins will be attracting the most attention for all their off-season drama.  

The Skins FO decision to forego a long term deal will garner some media scrutiny.  Not sure the attention is going to all be positive, or reflect well on the organizational acumen of the Snyder/Allen team.

But, ....."Are you not entertained?"

Even if what Bruce is saying is true. This is burning the bridge before the season. Does nothing positive for team morale. Does nothing to smooth the waters for next year. Does everything to make things worse.

Pathetic cover your arse letter by Bruce Allen.

Even if it's true. Keep it in house!

4 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

signed, Bruce Allen

**** you, Bruce, you epic, lying douchebag. Typical classless attempt to shift the blame to anyone else when this FO has mishandled this thing now for two years running. It's their fault it even came to this. 

What a disgrace to the Allen legacy this imbecile is. 

We suck. Either because we didn't offer enough or because Cousins doesn't want to be here  long term, either way we suck. 

That statement from Bruce is the most defensive thing I've ever seen. It's really not a good look. It's super passive aggressive. Hasn't this FO learned their lesson about trying to use the media as a tool to win over the fans during disputes? Like really recently?

Archived