Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Post Franchise Tag 4pm Deadline Deal Or No Deal Fallout Thread

TK

18 minutes ago, thebeermonkey said:

The problem is now greater than Cousins. What decent QB is going to want to play for this team? 

About the same amount as if he doesn't release the contract details.

Either way the media crucifies him. If he doesn't release them, he'll be cast as cheap, low-baller, who is clueless when he sees a franchise QB.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Well of the offer was sent in may it was before the Carr extension so it would have been in between Luck and whomever is second in terms of average (palmer?).

not like it makes a huge difference

Thanks for pointing that out, so between $24,350,000 and $24,594,000.  After the Carr deal, making him the 3rd highest paid player in the league.  Either way, our FO and Bruce did their part, didn't low ball him like last year, want him here and he wants to maximize his total earnings and play under multiple tags.  Neither side is at fault, imo.

Also everyone had been hoping for leaks of the actual offer from the team for a while now. Instead of leaking, Bruce came out and put his name on it.

What would have been the appropriate way to handle it?

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Throwing him under the bus?  By finally giving us something to go by as far as what they offered.  Come on now.  They tried to make him the 2nd highest paid player in the league by annual salary (between Carr and Luck) and offered him 53 million guaranteed and 72 million guaranteed for injury.   And Kirk's agent never made any offers or contact since that was offered on May 2nd, but Bruce is the jerkoff?

What a load of bull.

That release was pathetic.  First, rather than just saying "We tried to make a LTD work out, we couldnt, but hes a valued player and we look forward to a great season and to try hard for a LTD next year!", he tried to throw Kirk under the bus.  Do you think he appreciates the attempt to make him look greedy?  No, Bruce just burned the best bridge we've had in decades.

Second, 53 million guaranteed is good?  Hes going to make that the next 2 years because of the tags!  Its a 0% increase.  If your boss says "You hold all the cards, Option AL:You can make $100k this year, and $100k next year, and then chose whether you want to keep working with us, OR a better company.  Option B, what we are offering you, is you can make $100k this year, and $100k next year, and then after that we might just cut you, or keep you, but you dont have any choices of other companies."

Third, the Redskins did NOT make ANY second efforts in over 2 MONTHS!  So, you really want a guy, and you give a horrible first offer, and he says no, and you dont think to come back with a better offer?  What is this, amateur hour?  I sell houses for a living.  I cant imagine how stupid an agent would have to be to really want a house and say "Well, they said no on that lowball offer on that house you really want, rather than improving our offer, lets just wait 2 months and then blame them, and not get the house".  Again, because I sell houses for a living, Ive done EXACTLY what Kirks agent did, because its the RIGHT thing to do.  I had someone lowball a house.  We told them no thanks, and never responded.  Because we held the cards, and it was a lowball offer.  They came back and offered higher, then we went to work, and they got the house.

Kirk would be an absolute idiot to take the deal, and I dont want an idiot as our QB.  I prefer the smart ones.

12 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Throwing him under the bus?  By finally giving us something to go by as far as what they offered.  Come on now.  They tried to make him the 2nd highest paid player in the league by annual salary (between Carr and Luck) and offered him 53 million guaranteed and 72 million guaranteed for injury.   And Kirk's agent never made any offers or contact since that was offered on May 2nd, but Bruce is the jerkoff?

Lol you're blind if you don't think this was leaked in order to make Kirk and his agent out as the bad guys.

As for a idea as what was offered. I see he didn't mention the per year amount which has been said was the problem.

Bruce/organization is a joke.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

And it's actually a negative, because it shows how ****ing stupid we are as a group to continue pouring our money into the team. 

But really it's not just us--the league is so popular as a whole and the broadcasting deals are so rich that even the smaller market bad teams are worth ten times more what they were worth in the 80s. 

With animal rights groups cramping down on other organizations where else are people going to go when they want a circus? 

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Thanks for pointing that out, so between $24,350,000 and $24,594,000.  After the Carr deal, making him the 3rd highest paid player in the league.  Either way, our FO and Bruce did their part, didn't low ball him like last year, want him here and he wants to maximize his total earnings and play under multiple tags.  Neither side is at fault, imo.

I agree, but it was still low of Bruce Allen to do what he did.

Just now, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

If this was the plan, we should have traded him this year before or at the draft. The whole "we got this, there is no way we'd trade this guy we love so much" attitude and then follow that up with no contract is a bummer and a bit disingenuous.

Did you listen to the press statement Bruce made?

4 minutes ago, PortisBetts said:

Have you not watched how we have handled our qb situation since 2012? It's a flat out embarrassment all around

To redskins fans it may seem that way. Outside of our bubble I doubt it looks the same. If anyone looks like a joke after the 2012 draft it's St. Louis who had all those extra picks and are still scraping the bottom of that division. We managed to put together some solid seasons without those draft picks. 

10 minutes ago, RedBeast said:

And of course the Redskins and Bruce Allen are the first one on Twitter slinging ****ing mud

First GMSM

Second KC

That's a ****ing pattern

It's a much longer pattern imo. Bruce also survived Shanahan and his media feuds with Hayesworth/McNabb/Griffin. And he has a history of this with Tampa. He's a gutter rat. He wins in office politics, for a while, and that's about it.

I get waiting a year from Kirk's POV. Stafford, Ryan, Marriota, and I think Winston also are all due up for deals, plus Brees will be a free agent again, so the QB market is due to jump up quite a bit. Probably why Raiders got in early on Carr. 

But Kirk's side could have at least offered up a number. No response sucks. Kirk is taking a gamble though. If his season is pedestrian then those other QB's contracts will work against him. It will be viewed as him not deserving as much money as those guys. 

There's a way to go about discussing/revealing the Redskins offer, and it is NOT the way Allen just did it. The way his statement was worded was awful and classless. All he had to say was the team offered Kirk what they felt was a fair deal, but the two sides couldn't agree but both want to revisit it in the offseason. What he just said is the type of deflecting and backtabbing that makes people not want to work for you. Fire him. TODAY.

11 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Yeah I don't know how you fix this disaster, but Allen running his mouth doesn't help.

That guy needs to go. He's a bum not sure why Snyder over and over again finds turds like this. 

Because no one else will work for him. Every "GM" or big name HC we've ever hired (before Gruden) was out of the NFL before we hired them. 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It's a much longer pattern imo. Bruce also survived Shanahan and his media feuds with Hayesworth/McNabb/Griffin. And he has a history of this with Tampa. He's a gutter rat. He wins in office politics, for a while, and that's about it.

You are right just out of frustration and anger I quoted the first two off the top of my head

Only Bruce allen could turn a bad situation into a disaster, because of his desperate need to throw someone else under the bus so people will think well of him.

And for the record, any of you defending the wall of lies that has been Bruce Allen for the past several years("We will get it done, its simple" "Scot will be our GM" "Hes attending to a family matter"), deserve the continued failures of this franchise.  It suits you.  For the rest of us, its just sad we get roped into it as well.

Because no one else will work for him. Every "GM" or big name HC we've ever hired (before Gruden) was out of the NFL before we hired them. 

Firing Allen and giving a statement to the fans about changing the teams' ways, extending an olive branch to the local media would go a very, very long way IMO of getting top quality personnel interested.

And it's actually a negative, because it shows how ****ing stupid we are as a group to continue pouring our money into the team. 

But really it's not just us--the league is so popular as a whole and the broadcasting deals are so rich that even the smaller market bad teams are worth ten times more what they were worth in the 80s. 

Anything Redskins related that I have has always been a gift, with children to take care of I would immediately regret pouring money into this dysfunction junction of a team. 

If you think about it, FedEx field in general is a disrespect to Redskins fans. I know this is off course from the topic, but how can you go from RFK to that. It's a giant piece of crap used to squish as much people in it as possible, no home field advantage whatsoever. 

Just now, Tay said:

Also everyone had been hoping for leaks of the actual offer from the team for a while now. Instead of leaking, Bruce came out and put his name on it.

What would have been the appropriate way to handle it?

I am fine with how he handled it.  Especially after all the **** that him and the FO have gotten the past two years, with all the rumors and speculation.  They made him a great offer and Kirk's camp could have cared less, didn't even try to negotiate any further until this weekend, so the ball was in their court from May 2nd until say 7/15/17 with no desire to do anything but play under one year deals.

It doesn't matter though, the pitchforks are still coming out because people just want to **** about BA, the FO and Snyder.  So now that we know how it went down, they attack him for letting everyone know.  

Archived