Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Post Franchise Tag 4pm Deadline Deal Or No Deal Fallout Thread

TK

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Anyone think there was some validity to that Chick Hernandez tweet a while back about Kirk never signing a LTD with Bruce?

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Bruce surely comes off as a self-entitled, selfish ****. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Kirk decided he wouldn't sign here long term if Bruce is still employed.

13 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Can we lock this now.  Nothing is going to happen until at least the end of the season and we need a respite from the constant circular discussions. 

The respite is to just not come in the thread.  Leave it open for the people who want to engage in circular discussions.

7 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

DE9mW_KXcAAv18h.jpg

signed, Bruce Allen

Seriously? Anyone could have typed this up. It's not even on Redskins letterhead.  This is just the way football is today. Both sides dig in. Sometimes you come to a middle ground sometimes you don't. We're going to have quite a few players to sign next year so I'm not willing to bust the bank on one player....even a quarterback.

3 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Bruce throwing Kirk under the bus with BS spin.

Called it in the other thread.

Didn't know he would take it in such a public and immediate way.

That statement is brutal. I mean, Bruce just went to war with our starting QB!

Yes, and what I see is the morons never matched the Carr deal and are stupid enough to admit that publicly in what they think is a defense.  

Management gets blamed for no contract the first year. Try to offer a great contract second time again. Player and agent apparently bulk (if this is true) and fans still want management hung. This fan base drives me insane. They want to pay him. He did not take it. What else do you want them to do? Sometimes it is just the player. He never wanted to be here the day he drafted. For some of you to excuse Cousins with no blame it is down right laughable. Let him go choke for some other team. Tired of it.

Just now, Hooper said:

After today, Cousins balling out and Skins franchising him for 34.5 million is the best case scenario.

Cuz there's no way Kirk signs a LTD after that statement.

So then what do you do after you franchise him again?  Playing a lame duck QB without the heir apparent waiting in the wings is about as bad as this could play out.  On a team where the rest of the other 52 is trending upward.  

Just now, RVAskins said:

Seriously? Anyone could have typed this up. It's not even on Redskins letterhead.  This is just the way football is today. Both sides dig in. Sometimes you come to a middle ground sometimes you don't. We're going to have quite a few players to sign next year so I'm not willing to bust the bank on one player....even a quarterback.

It was tweeted out by the Redskins' official twitter (I think) @Redskins, and also re-tweeted by Adam Shefter's verified account.

2 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

What are you talking about, that is Bruce Allen's statement

Kirk Cousins who has had to earn every little thing that's been given to him, never handed a starting spot, never given the most reps or a fair competition even after his HC stated so after the 2014 season was over, has practiced hard, never missed a meeting, studies film like crazy, is a consummate professional on and off the field, whom his coaches all praise effusively and never clashed with, etc... 

That guy is such a greedy, selfish, ahole who is unappreciative of this team and wrongfully doesn't want to be here! The villain!!! Woe unto him! Woe! 

Save us from his evil Bruce! Like you did with Mike and Scot! Thank you Dan for hiring our hero and providing this organization with competence all around and an environment for everyone to thrive in! 

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

It was tweeted out by the Redskins' official twitter (I think) @Redskins, and also re-tweeted by Adam Shefter's verified account.

I didn't see the tweet and just saw that letter. It just looked funny to me. Either way, it's not the end of the world. Kirk is still our QB this season. With the Redskins, I just take one season at a time.

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Anyone think there was some validity to that Chick Hernandez tweet a while back about Kirk never signing a LTD with Bruce?

Why did Chick not stand by his story though if it was true?  He retracted that not long after.

Archived