Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Post Franchise Tag 4pm Deadline Deal Or No Deal Fallout Thread

TK

It was highly unlikely lthey was going to get a deal done anyway. The FO made their bed and now they have to lay in it. 

This isn't the end of the world. They are free to talk after 2017 ends. And even if Kirk says "Screw you guys" and leaves, the Redskins can find someone in the draft. 

Keep your heads up boys and get ready for 2017. Last thing you need to do is worry about the future when we don't know anything about it yet. 

Boooooooo!

Disappointed. I don't think either side worked hard enough. Redskins failed to woo or orwhelm Kirk. Kirk failed to work towards any middle ground whatsoever. This is a failure.

I'll put at 65% Redskins fault and 35% Kirk's. I'm not sure if they could have come up with a contract that Kirk would sign, but it felt like the sides were going through the motions. In terms of the Front Office, they only look good if Kirk stinks this year. Then again, if he stinks... why pay him franchise tag money two years in a row!

As I said at the beginning of this post....

Booo! Booo! Bruce Allen is the new Queen of Putrescence. 

Mildly disappointed. Not sweating it much. I get both sides. It's all about football now and I personally won't be "distracted" or bothered by this at all. If we have a really good year, then this will likely work out just fine in the long run. If we don't, then it likely ends in divorce, but at that point it won't matter much to me anyway. This whole situation just doesn't move the needle all that much for me. I'm like, meh, on the the games...

Just now, WelshSkinsFan said:

Can we lock this now.  Nothing is going to happen until at least the end of the season and we need a respite from the constant circular discussions. 

We need a respite from Bruce Allen's ****ing incompetence. This offseason hasn't exactly been stellar. You fire our talented GM, and drag his name through the mud, and then fail absolutely miserably at locking up our QB long term by being a cheap ****. I've had enough of this clown, honestly.

Kirk has this team by the short hairs.  There's no outcome where Bruce and Co don't lose.  Even if, by some freak of nature, they get a LTD done at the end of the year, they still will have done it in the worst possible way.  And hurt the team in the process.

1 minute ago, Veryoldschool said:

Danielle should trade Kirk to the 49er's or the Ram's or somewhere else Kirk would accept.  There is no way a LTD and a harmonious relationship is possible now even Danielle must understand it now and move on....

I get your anger and it's justified, but could you please stop the misogynistic references. There are an awful lot of women fans. No need to talk down to them.

I think I'm going to take a respite from the redskins. 

3 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Can we lock this now.  Nothing is going to happen until at least the end of the season and we need a respite from the constant circular discussions. 

Depending on how it was structured, Allen offering $52 million guaranteed up front, 72 million guaranteed total back in May, and not getting any offer from Kirk's agent, it's looking like this is on Kirk. Allen saying Kirk wants to play year-to-year (more guaranteed money, but stupid long-term).

6 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. That Bruce Allen statement makes it look like this is on Kirk.

Of course it does. He uses Trump tactics and attacks anything and everything to displace blame.

I am also sure this release will go a long way towards a harmonious relationship and ltd in 2018.....

Here comes the team's propaganda any moment now! The new villain will be cast, hurry everyone buy your tickets! 

I can't believe it. Actually, I totally can. 

It's been a long time coming, and I partly hate myself for it... but I'm actively rooting against the Owner and Team President of the franchise I adore. Which, in a sense, means I'm rooting against the franchise. 

And it's totally legitimate. That's where they've pushed me. As hard as I've tried not to go there, they've insisted.

I hope Kirk punishes them. Assholes. I agree with Breer's recent article. It's time for Kirk to put those aholes on a "prove it" deal.

But I'll go a step further. In the same way they did it to him, he should be adamant they can't ever really, truly, "prove it". Just talk like they did. And nitpick every perceived issue they've had. Rank their FO structure, which IS actually crap by any logical observation. 

Damnit. 

Bruce throwing Kirk under the bus with BS spin.

Called it in the other thread.

Didn't know he would take it in such a public and immediate way.

That statement is brutal. I mean, Bruce just went to war with our starting QB!

Archived