Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Fantasy Football

JamesMadisonSkins

Man,. Gurley owners everywhere rejoice! Had him in a bunch of DFS stuff with Ingram, but pretty much whiffed at WR. Him and Ingram alone helped me do halfway decent though. I'm gonna need big time games from Julio and Crabtree to overcome what became a 40 point deficit in the last minute of that NE/PIT game. Could have been worse if the Steelers didn't get hosed at the end. I knew I shouldn't play Jamaal Williams, but I did. Not feeling great about my chances, but at least I have a shot. Good luck to anyone still alive.

^ That's a great ppr team. Robby Solid Gould has been the nuts at Kicker the past month. Bortles has also kind of sneakily been rock solid at QB for a while now. Gordon and Dede Westbrook tanked a lot of lineups for me today. I did have some Keenan Cole though instead of Dede, in spots. Whoever that other Jacksonville WR is, I hate him.

18 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

^ That's a great ppr team. Robby Solid Gould has been the nuts at Kicker the past month. Bortles has also kind of sneakily been rock solid at QB for a while now. Gordon and Dede Westbrook tanked a lot of lineups for me today. I did have some Keenan Cole though instead of Dede, in spots. Whoever that other Jacksonville WR is, I hate him.

Thanks, I actually had the Philly kicker all year but let him go when they lost Wentz, I was worried their offense would tank.  I picked up Gould yesterday, I like the way they move the ball with Jimmy G and thought they might have some stalled drives.

19 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Damn jschuck, that is one of the highest scores I've ever see, although I see that is a 1 point PPR league.  Your opponent had a damn good game too.  How the hell did you get Gurley and Bell on your team?  Both were first round picks in most leagues.  Congrats.

I've been chasing this league all year, my WR's aren't really good or consistent, I have Tate, Robbie Anderson, and Crowder on the bench so I've been using that rotation and I just added Goodwin a couple weeks ago.

I had the 2nd pick in the draft, I think maybe people were unsure of Gurley because of the new coach in LA and the fact Gurley hadn't really established himself as a threat in the passing game and he only rushed for 885 yards last year.

How do other cash leagues split the money? 70%/20%/10% in the one that I'm in. Is that normal?

Either 350 or 100 next week. Either way, it's a return and much needed after the Kauai vacay.

Killed my semifinal opponent by 50+ in a non ppr..with Jimmy Graham getting me a solid negative .10

Guess I'll start Greg Olsen at TE next week. He looked healthy finally. Also..will be stuck with the Rodgers/Cousins decision.  Sounds like Rodgers wants to play but I can see the Pack shutting him down if they are eliminated.

Awesome scoring!

It carried over from a league I was in in Tennessee. Wanted to make positions equal, so it was 1 point for 4 rushing yards, 1 point for 7 receiving yards and PPR, 1 point for 10 passing yards. Bonus for 100 yards rushing and receiving, and 300 yards passing. Way back when the league started it would be like 135-120, but after the Dante Culpeper Randy Moss Vikings it went bananas. It’s kinda fun. You can win by focusing on RB, WR, or QB. Yeah, it probably needs to be updated, but it’s tradition...

My funnest league has crazy scoring as well.  Basically the concept is to reward "hard football things" so on top of the basics, there are bonuses for getting to certain yardage levels that stack on each other (i.e., 2 bonus points for 100 yards rushing/receiving, 3 for 150, 4 for 200) so if a guy gets 200 rushing yards, he'd get the yardage points + 9 bonus points.

Also bonus points for 40+ yard plays, and pick 6s and safeties and kick returns TDs and blocked kicks are worth double vs. standard yahoo scoring.  

My cousins league, finished 9th, no playoffs.  I have the worst luck in his league, every year I draft a top 2-3 team, usually predicted to win it all.  Then get bent over with no lube on injuries and watch it all come crashing down.  He did a side league, suicide.  I won that the first go round, $50, so that helped ease the pain.

My dad's league, crushed it two weeks in a row, going to the championship, should win money win or lose.

My league, started out great, squeaked out with the 7th seed in the playoffs.  Knocked out the #2 seed last week and if it holds, will knock out the #1 seed this week.  I'm up 17.55 points and he has one player left, Mike Evans, who hasn't been playing well and the Falcons have a really good secondary.  So, hoping I make it back to the championship again.  My cousin (who is no longer in my league) won the league the first three years in a row, last two I've won it.  I need a three-peat.  But if I can make it to the championship, I win money win or lose as well.

16 hours ago, youngchew said:

Typical of me in the ES league.  1st place, #1 seed, most points scored. Absolute domination all year.  And I'm one and done.  :rolleyes: Oh well.  :kickcan:

I would like to feel sympathy.  Be the kinda guy my mom raised me to be.   Chivalrous and kind.

but, instead.... 

th?id=OIP.B4MgNIpOfoLHD9_-TNEjbwEsDf&pid

Antonio Brown's injury pretty much made me toast in both my leagues.  In one of the leagues yesterday was the game for who got to keep their $50 buy-in and continue on for 2nd place.  Lost.

My other league, I am still making it to the championship next week, but not sure if I have the bench or waiver wire to make up for Brown's 25-35 weekly point output.

Archived