Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Fantasy Football

JamesMadisonSkins

22 hours ago, youngchew said:

Typical of me in the ES league.  1st place, #1 seed, most points scored. Absolute domination all year.  And I'm one and done.  :rolleyes: Oh well.  :kickcan:

ES is my only non-money league.   Going to the Superbowl in all my other leagues.   $700, $200, $50 on the line next week.  Let's ****ing go.

This is the best fantasy season I've ever had.  4 leagues, 4 #1 seeds.  

I was coming here to talk trash, but after seeing this post, not only do I feel bad now, but in my only money league, I lost by 6 points (I had AB on my team :( )

You still got crushed in the ES League though...

Speaking of the ES League, I think next year we should make it a Dynasty League. I'm really liking it. Feels like I'm playing Madden again. lol

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Up 36 going against Devonta Freeman.  I can't watch this game after seeing what Gurley just did.  Please fantasy football gods, don't do me dirty, I've made an double stuff oreo cookie bet for crying out loud!

I need Julio to score 31 tonight. So I hope they don't feed Freeman either. lol

That sucked. Julio is awesome, but not a good fantasy year for a first rd. pick. Quite a few near misses tonight. Was hoping the Bucs would tie it late, and to get a miracle 60 yd TD in OT. I cobbled together a lineup of scrubs that made it to the playoffs, and lost, just like it should have. I take a little pride in that. Good luck in the championships, if you made it. 

Started with this: Julio, Zeke, Crowell, Pryor, Crabtree, Ty Mont, Delanie, Cousins, Diggs, Abdullah, Martin, Winston, Ebron, McFadden, Rams, Gano. 5/14 made it to the end. What the hell was I thinking in that draft?

Jesus, man, Freeman did everything he could to steal that game from me.  But I survived, and on to the championship game for first time EVER.  Defending champ got knocked out so I'm going up against the guy who's been runner up the last couple years.  You can make the argument that he's due, but you know what, I'm going to do my best to bring ya'll honor next weekend. Hate to Buffalo Bills my boy, but somebody has to lose and I don't want it to be me. Valhalla, mf'rs!!!

Image result for braveheart gif

Well was up 29 in one of my Longshots and he had Jones and Ryan.  Sundays have been bad for me in Fantasy but Mondays - wow wish all the games were played on Mondays can't tell you how many lost causes Monday games have managed to pull out of the fire.

21 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Making a claim for CJ Anderson this week.

If I get him, do I start him at Flex against the Skins? 

Non ppr..but my flex options for the Finals are Ajayi, McKinnon, Diggs, Josh Gordon, Jimmy Graham, and either Anderson (if I get him) or Dede Westbrook if I don't...

McKinnon has been a money player all year. Going against a garbage GB defense with nothing to play for. I would ride him. He’s starting the m my flex in my 3rd place game. 

On 12/18/2017 at 12:38 PM, mcsluggo said:

the Karma staring back at ME for gloating is a **** .... 

I scored the most in my league.   By a country mile.    And here i am needing OJ Howard to outscore Julio Jones and Matt Ryan on MNF for me to sneak into the palofs.  

I needed to win 6 straight to claw my way into the lowest seed in the post season   ... but i made it :)

Was up 17.55 points going into MNF and my buddy had one player left, Mike Evans.  And though he has played like **** the past gazillion weeks, he decides to have enough game to get him 18.9 points and bounce me from the championship game.  I hope Mike Evans gets herpes for Christmas.......:kickcan:

At least in my other league I'm in the championship game.

22 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Rodgers back to the IR. No surprise.

Cousins or, if I can pick him up, Foles this weekend?

Figures, that's 3rd QB for me this year that went on IR.  I'm picking up Rivers, I think you should pick up Foles

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Was up 17.55 points going into MNF and my buddy had one player left, Mike Evans.  .

I don't know what to do about Evans.  He finally had a good game, but he's been pretty much unplayable for a while now.  I don't want to throw him it there jus because of the projections anymore

Thanks to Gurley, blew away my opponent in the SF.

now for the final ....

Big Ben, Cam or Rivers.

Thinking Cam with the loss of Antonio for Big Ben.

Need three from ... Hopkins, Allen, Bryant, Crabtree, Sanu and Benjamin.

Thinking Hopkins, Crabtree and Allen

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

Thanks to Gurley, blew away my opponent in the SF.

now for the final ....

Big Ben, Cam or Rivers.

Thinking Cam with the loss of Antonio for Big Ben.

Need three from ... Hopkins, Allen, Bryant, Crabtree, Sanu and Benjamin.

Thinking Hopkins, Crabtree and Allen

I think you're choices are sound, all three of the WRs you picked should get their volume regardless.  And Cam against Tampa should be money (going up against that, not looking forward to it)

13 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm the team on the left. Would you make any changes? Non ppr.

$250 difference between winning and losing.

Get a different Kicker, expect Jax to overwhelm SF offense and lower his volume (which I know has turned a couple heads lately)

5 hours ago, skinsfan834 said:

Championship game for me -- who do you guys like out of these three options for QB?

Rivers vs. NYJ

Goff vs. Tenn

Matt Ryan vs. NO

I'm leaning towards Goff at the moment, but I also feel like Rivers could have one of this stupid statistical games against the Jets. 

I thought Goff when I first saw this. This might make it easier to decide.

On 12/19/2017 at 5:18 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Rodgers back to the IR. No surprise.

Cousins or, if I can pick him up, Foles this weekend?

I had Wentz all year. Picked up Foles and it paid off last week. 

I think I'd roll with Foles. I have zero faith in our offensive weapons at the moment. 

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'd be willing to be that the #1 combo of championship fantasy teams this season is Gurley/Bell. All 3 of my leagues consist of a team that have both Gurley and Bell, and all 3 are playing in the championship.

Ya, know, I've been thinking about that and it wouldn't shock me.

Last year, the champ took a risk on drafting Elliot then grabbed Bell even though he was suspended the first four games.  It got to the point that no matter how he missed on other players, those two would bail him out towards playoff time.  That was still a calculated risk picking up a rookie with his first pick, same way I feel about taking Gurley with my second pick after the wasteland type of games he had been having since about halfway thru his rookie season (figured he was going to get the volume and McVay would find better ways of getting him involved and I was right).

When someone gets a combo like that, does anyone feel that cheapens their accomplishments?  There's no doubt that combo won me last week, but I've had games where I played Fournette instead or needed other players to step up in order to pull out the win.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

When someone gets a combo like that, does anyone feel that cheapens their accomplishments? 

It certainly does, but ultimately the goal of fantasy football is to win the money and bragging rights.  I'd rather be lucky than good in a game where luck plays a huge role.  You can be more studious than the competition and still end up on the losing side often due to luck with injuries, the timing of injuries, all sorts of things that you can't predict no matter what you do.  Sure, in the long run, a more advanced level fantasy football owner is going to offset that luck with skill somewhat, but luck will always have relevancy in this game. 

I guess I said all that to say, I wouldn't put too much stock into the value of the accomplishment outside of the stack of cash you receive for winning.

Archived