Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Fantasy Football

JamesMadisonSkins

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Someone dropped Amari Cooper on Friday because they needed a WR to start (win and they made the playoffs).

Guess who is sitting at #1 on the waiver wire claim order? :)

I have a bye this weekend too so I can play the wait game for him if I need to.

Take it from someone who has buyers remorse right now (picked him up after his 30 point game), grab Sterling Shepard instead if you can.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Take it from someone who has buyers remorse right now (picked him up after his 30 point game), grab Sterling Shepard instead if you can.

Tbh, I was actually looking at Marquise Goodwin. I stashed Josh Gordon a few weeks back, have Diggs on the bench too. Starting Mike Thomas and Brandon Cooks most weeks. 

This is really just a empty spot to fill. Mike Davis, Peyton Barber, Muscle Hamster, and Gio Bernard are all options too.

Well bad officiating cost three of my teams playoff appearances and not paying attention to detail cost me another .  The bad call on the Steelers return cost me two teams add in the bad on AJ's TD that was called back and it cost me another.  I failed to double check my line-up on a team and had Cooper starting (Sill kicking myself - lost by two.  That said 18 out of 33 normal drafted teams made it and of 9 mid season have 2 in, 2 out and good chances with other five.

Crossing my fingers for a profit this year it may be close.

Alright, chips are down for real this week.  Here is what I'm planning on doing, input welcome.

This is a superflex PPR league, QBs tend to score the most, so I will be starting both of my QBs, Matty Ice and Rivers.  ESPN has them ranked 7 and 5, respectively.

2 WRs.  I have Fitz (v. Ten), Cooks (@ Mia) and Tate (@ TB).  Definitely Fitz, but Cooks or Tate is a toss up.  The Pats always crush the Dolphins, but  TBs pass defense is atrocious (2nd worst).  Matt Stafford may have an injured throwing hand.

2 RBs.  LeVeon is obviously in.  I also have Hyde, Morris, Hunt, Perrine and McKinnon.  

Flex.  So Tate or one of the other RBs.

TE:  Graham or Rudolph.  I've been riding Graham and he has scored in 7 of his last 8 games.   

K:  Prater is ranked 3rd on ESPN, no need to overthink kicker.

Def:  I have the Chargers, who are pretty good.  They are facing the Skins who, although Cousins is solid, have no weapons and a banged up o-line.  That said, I could also pick up the Bengals defense, who get the Bears (who suck hard).  Then I'd need to drop someone and keep 2 defenses, and it will likely be Perrine. 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Alright, chips are down for real this week.  Here is what I'm planning on doing, input welcome.

For me, I'd go with Fitz and Cooks, but that is a tough decision between Cooks and Tate. Stafford's hand is why I'd lean Cooks.

I think at RB. Hunt would the RB2 I'd go with. Home favorite, highest over/under, highest implied team total.

Flex, I think Tate is the guy there if Stafford does play. If not, I think it's between Perine and McKinnon. I'd lean Perine, just because he's guaranteed to get the bulk of the work. Involvement in the passing game last week was encouraging. Houston's pretty stingy against the run, so that's why I wouldn't use Hyde. Ditto Carolina and McKinnon.

TE Graham. The Jags are great, but not as great at defending TEs as they are WRs. Carolina is slightly worse, but I don't trust Rudolph over Graham.

I have the Chargers also. I'm playing them against Was, which makes it not optimal for you if you play Perine. Tough call. If there's a good D out there, now's the time to get em. The Chargers ROS is kind of tough. I picked up the Browns as a 2nd D, just because that's what was there, and the Chargers last couple of games look a little scary (playoff weeks for me). Not sure if I can pull the trigger on Cleveland over them, except maybe against Chicago.

*My advice should always be viewed with scrutiny. Go with your gut.

Which 2?

Julio Jones vs Saints

Tyreek Hill vs Oak

Robby Anderson vs Den

Crabtree vs KC

Jones hasn’t lived up to expectations outside of a few games

Hill has blow up ability but has flopped a handful of weeks over the season

Anderson has been the most consistent recently

Crabtree could have a big game with Peters out

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This is a superflex PPR league, QBs tend to score the most, so I will be starting both of my QBs, Matty Ice and Rivers.  ESPN has them ranked 7 and 5, respectively.

2 WRs.  I have Fitz (v. Ten), Cooks (@ Mia) and Tate (@ TB).  Definitely Fitz, but Cooks or Tate is a toss up.  The Pats always crush the Dolphins, but  TBs pass defense is atrocious (2nd worst).  Matt Stafford may have an injured throwing hand.

2 RBs.  LeVeon is obviously in.  I also have Hyde, Morris, Hunt, Perrine and McKinnon.  

Flex.  So Tate or one of the other RBs.

TE:  Graham or Rudolph.  I've been riding Graham and he has scored in 7 of his last 8 games.   

K:  Prater is ranked 3rd on ESPN, no need to overthink kicker.

Def:  I have the Chargers, who are pretty good.  They are facing the Skins who, although Cousins is solid, have no weapons and a banged up o-line.  That said, I could also pick up the Bengals defense, who get the Bears (who suck hard).  Then I'd need to drop someone and keep 2 defenses, and it will likely be Perrine. 

For WRs I agree with others that should be Fitz and Cook (Gronk out likely improves cooks value).

RBs is where I disagree with others Leveon is obvious as you say but Morris gets the horrid Giants Defense this week and will eat them alive. I'd go Morris with second RB.

Flex Tate.

Stick with Graham.

Stick with the Chargers.

It's just about curtains for my injured team.  Was doubled-up in score last week by the 11th place team in the league.  It was bad.
DeSean Jackson did mostly nothing

Demaryius Thomas did mostly nothing

Corey Colemen did exactly nothing

Jack Doyle did mostly nothing

Matt Prater did mostly nothing

I once again benched C.J. Anderson just when he decided to do something; started Alex Jones instead as I figured he'd have a C.J. Anderson floor with a higher ceiling.  Instead, he didn't touch the ball until the last play of the game when they finally handed him the ball for a 20-yard TD scamper in OT.

Also had Matt Forte sitting on my bench.

In order to keep my playoff hopes alive (4-team playoffs), I need two of the 3 7-6 teams with more points than me to lose (they have significantly more points; no way I'll catch up there) and I need to win.  Of course I'm facing the #1 team in the league in my desperate hour, so that is unlikely to happen.  Right now I'm projected to lose by 20 points, and I think my team is more likely to fail to meet projection than his.

My other team is gonna tear through the playoffs, though.  12-1 record with a beastly lineup.  Leveon Bell, Alvin Kamara, Kenyan Drake, Travis Kelce, Alex Smith, Keenan Allen, Nelson Agholor, Matt Prater, and Chiefs defense are my starters for this week.  I've got Aaron Rodgers (designated to return), Ezekiel Elliott (coming off suspension for the championship game), Devin Funchess, Emmanuel Sanders, Kenny Stills, and Alex Jones sitting on my bench to sub in upon returning or if something happens to my starters.

2 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I have a bye, but really bummed that Kamara got concussed tonight.  If there is any consolation it is that he has 10 days to recover.  Saints lost too so they have a lot to play for next week in order to keep their lead in the NFC South.

Kamara has been keeping defending champ in our league afloat.  I don't want to see the guy injured, I really don't, and its going to suck if defending champ limps in and just gets knocked out because he can't go.  That was a solid pickup by him.

Hope Kamara can play next week. It's interesting with the "rookie wall" and other rooks like Hunt, who seem to have maybe hit it. Kamara splitting reps all year, doesn't seem anywhere near worn out., at all. 

Again, so freaking close on FD for the Mon-Thur slate. Just a $3 tourney. Had Josh Hill and Michael Thomas going, also Matt Bryant and the Saints D. If that pass to Hill is a TD, I most likely win. If it's incomplete, who knows. End up in 9th/1984 for $40. 1st place would have been only $500, but dammit all to hell! One of these days...

3 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I have a bye, but really bummed that Kamara got concussed tonight.  If there is any consolation it is that he has 10 days to recover.  Saints lost too so they have a lot to play for next week in order to keep their lead in the NFC South.

My #1 team has Kamara.  Would really suck to go 12-1 in the season and then get bounced from the playoffs due to a helmet-to-helmet tackle.  Still in good shape for now.

On the other side, my sucky injured team that needs a miracle to make the playoffs is facing the #1 team in that league which has Alvin Kamara.  Suddenly an upset looks possible.  Still need help, though, as I I'm counting on two of three teams with the same record as me (and with more points) to lose.

Pick 3... No PPR, big bonuses for yardage at 100, 150, 200

De. Hopkins, Crabtree, Thielen, Robby Anderson, Sammy Watkins

And... same scoring

Seals-Jones vs Hunter Henry. Skins season over and can see them easily mailing this game in vs a team surging to playoff spot. My only concern with Henry is that the game is out of hand early and no passing :(

Decisions are killing me. Have narrowed it down to picking 2 from Tate, Hyde and Alfred Morris. PPR league. Hyde is the highest ranked on ESPN. Tate and Morris get terrible pass/rush defenses, respectively. 

SF offense is not great. Morris does not catch passes. Tate has a QB with a hurt throwing hand. 

2 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

Pick 3... No PPR, big bonuses for yardage at 100, 150, 200

De. Hopkins, Crabtree, Thielen, Robby Anderson, Sammy Watkins

And... same scoring

Seals-Jones vs Hunter Henry. Skins season over and can see them easily mailing this game in vs a team surging to playoff spot. My only concern with Henry is that the game is out of hand early and no passing :(

Hopkins Theilen Crabtree. 

Henry. 

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Decisions are killing me. Have narrowed it down to picking 2 from Tate, Hyde and Alfred Morris. PPR league. Hyde is the highest ranked on ESPN. Tate and Morris get terrible pass/rush defenses, respectively. 

SF offense is not great. Morris does not catch passes. Tate has a QB with a hurt throwing hand. 

I'mexpecting a lot from SFO with ore time with JG at QB. Def Hyde and I think AlMo has another 100 yd game and TD. Det is just unpredictable, other 2 plays are much safer

12 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

**** Fantasy Football.  Goddamn juggernaut of a team all season with a 12-1 record and I'm bounced in the first round of the playoffs to the 8th seed team (that's right, 8 freaking teams in the playoffs in a 12-team league, so the regular season is practically meaningless.)

That's ridiculous for a twelve man league. You should get a bye... 6 team PO w 2 byes. If not that, should be 4 in the playoffs, and a consolation/2nd tier below that. Sorry. 

and sorry for the constant editing...

1 minute ago, SoulSkin said:

That's ridiculous for a twelve man league. You should get a bye. If not, 6 team PO, maybe. Should be 4 in the playoffs, and a consolation/2nd tier below that. Sorry. 

Well my other league does 4 team playoffs.  Of course I'm not going to make it there.  I fought tooth and nail to get into playoff position after losing David Johnson, Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer (yes, I lost my starting QB in the 1st quarter two weeks in a row), and Chris Thompson.  And then I lost to the 11th place team last week when my entire team forgot to show up.  This week I had to win my matchup against the #1 team in the league (mission accomplished) and needed two of the three teams sharing my record but with more points to lose (none of whom lost).

27 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

**** Fantasy Football.  Goddamn juggernaut of a team all season with a 12-1 record and I'm bounced in the first round of the playoffs to the 8th seed team (that's right, 8 freaking teams in the playoffs in a 12-team league, so the regular season is practically meaningless.)

Similar deal is happening to me.  2 losses all season, nearly all blowout wins.  Playoffs: I got nothing out of Matt Ryan and literally zero from Jimmy Graham. Played Morris and Hyde, who were ok but had Kareem Hunt, Golden Tate and Kyle Rudolph on my bench. Opposing team is garbage, but fell into Jamaal Williams and otherwise was very average. 

This is a 2 qb league where i also lost Rodgers. 

Luckily, thanks to LeVeon, I can still win if Cooks outscores Kenyan Drake by 6 points. 

26 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Well my other league does 4 team playoffs.  Of course I'm not going to make it there.  I fought tooth and nail to get into playoff position after losing David Johnson, Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer (yes, I lost my starting QB in the 1st quarter two weeks in a row), and Chris Thompson.  And then I lost to the 11th place team last week when my entire team forgot to show up.  This week I had to win my matchup against the #1 team in the league (mission accomplished) and needed two of the three teams sharing my record but with more points to lose (none of whom lost).

I only played in one seasonal  league for the first time in forever. I regularly dominate the 10 team league that I stayed in, and still have only won the whole thing less than 1/3 of the time.It takes timely luck, as you know.  I'm squeaking in to the playoffs at 4th with 3 of 14 guys that I actually drafted (Cousins, Julio, and Crabtree). I fully expect to lose. Sorry PP. Keep this feeling in your heart for next year. Crush them all, in all the leagues.

Archived