Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Fantasy Football

JamesMadisonSkins

11 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

They all got scooped up by the time u got back. went with oj howard. He scored me negative. So did my defense. 

Sorry, man.

9 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

would you trade Kennan Allen for Josh Doctson in a 5 person keeper?  I drafted allen in the 5th round but if i keep him he is valued at a 3rd.  

Do you think a person would take that deal?

I think most likely someone would take the trade.  Allen's a name and still productive.  Doctson is potential.  As of now, Allen isn't quite the same target he once was, Rivers is spreading the ball around more and they've got a good running game.  Cousins does the same, obviously, but our offense is begging for a receiver to step up.  Doctson is hopefully the one to do so. 

I'm not too familiar with the ratings of players as far as keepers/future draft picks, so can't give any more solid advice.

4 hours ago, Old Bay said:

Sorry, man.

You gave great advice. I was just too slow to pull the trigger. Gotta go all in this week with ridiculous trades to have a chance now. Trading gronk for Evan engram might be the basis of one if I can pull it off. 

Things could turn around. Getting ty hilton for free was a big boost. Got to hope alfred morris plays close to the zeke role from here out.

Maybe I'll try to snag Woodhead this week as I've dealt with most most byes and can bench him for his bye this week. 

I am currently sat laughing this AM. 

To recap my past fantasy week: 

First, I make the trade of Brown for Wentz and Fuller. Top wideout on a struggling Steelers O for top QB on arguably the leagues best team, with the added weapon of a top RB before the deadline. Along with a massive yardage, scoring threat on a beast of an O in Houston. I liked the balance of that and it fit well for both teams. Then Watson does his ACL, and the whole trade is blown to **** as Tom Savage can't QB in the pro's for ****! Rendering Fuller null and void. 

Then we get to Sunday .....

First, Fournette does whatever he did to piss his HC off in Jacksonville and gets sat late. I make a late decision to pick up Indy's Marlon Mack over the other only viable waiver options Frank Gore (10.70 Points this week) or Jacksonville's Ivory (13.40. I got bit by Ivory the last time Fournette was out when the rolled with Yeldon.). Mack, who had been double figures 3 of the last 4 weeks and becoming more and more a feature in Indy, has a stinker of 2.90. 

As if that wasn't bad enough, as either RB win me the game this week, I roll with Wentz over Goff at QB. Now even though Wentz threw for 4 more TD's and put up 24.06 pts, Goff had an even bigger outing and totalled 28.44. 

Those 4.38 difference between Goff and Wentz? Yeah, just to totally compound this week from Hell, would have been the difference in winning and losing. 

So the upshot of all that is I lost a third straight ugly game 82.96-86.06 to drop to 6-3. Still a game out of first as he lost. But tied second with one other team. With three more teams a game back at 5-4. Nearly half the league within 2 games of first 9 games in. The ES is hotting up and then some!

God willing my luck isn't half as bad this coming week. :angry:.

Hail. 

I drafted Alvin Kamara in the 12th round of my auction draft for $1.  He's been on my bench up until the last two weeks, where he scored 15.1 and 28.2 points because Gurley and Howard were on byes.  I think I will be starting him over Jordan Howard from here on out. 

I can't believe this but I'm actually going to carry two kickers on my roster this week.  I don't think I've ever done that in the 14 years I've played fantasy football.  Ryan Succop has scored double digits in 5/8 games he has played this year, including a 21 point effort in Week 6.  Chris Boswell, who was on bye last week and who I stashed, averages around 9 points a game which I consider very good for a kicker.  Steelers play a mediocre Colts defense this week.

Bye week hell for me in the money league. Well..sort of.

Who do you start at flex in a non ppr league?

Diggs against the Skins

Reed (assuming he plays) against Minny

Ty Montgomery against the Bears

Right now it's Diggs..but I'm thinking that Reed goes big if he plays. Crowder is also available at the moment and an interesting streaming option too.

10 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Bye week hell for me in the money league. Well..sort of.

Who do you start at flex in a non ppr league?

Diggs against the Skins

Reed (assuming he plays) against Minny

Ty Montgomery against the Bears

Right now it's Diggs..but I'm thinking that Reed goes big if he plays. Crowder is also available at the moment and an interesting streaming option too.

That's tough.  Diggs lite us up last year, but our defense is much better then last year.  I still have Reed on my team, but so worried to start him because he keeps getting hurt during the game and ceding big plays to Davis (Vikings defense is also legit).  Packers offense is hopeless without Rodgers, so if I was you, I'd stick with Diggs, as he might not get a lot, but he should get more then the other two.  That's just my opinion, though.

I love going into Sunday with a lead.  Had Jimmy Graham on Thursday, who scored twice and got me 20 pts.  Opponent had Adrian Peterson, who did zippy.

I unfortunately had Larry Fitz on the bench who went 10 for 113, and my league is ppr.  Oh well, opposing team has Ajayi, Crabtree, Ertz, Kelce and Maclin on a bye and has to start Eli against me.  Only bye I have this week is Kareem Hunt. 

37 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I love going into Sunday with a lead.  Had Jimmy Graham on Thursday, who scored twice and got me 20 pts.  Opponent had Adrian Peterson, who did zippy.

I unfortunately had Larry Fitz on the bench who went 10 for 113, and my league is ppr.  Oh well, opposing team has Ajayi, Crabtree, Ertz, Kelce and Maclin on a bye and has to start Eli against me.  Only bye I have this week is Kareem Hunt. 

I drafted Graham this year too and he's been pretty solid the past few weeks. Picked up Greg Olsen last week and figured he could flex at worst in a few weeks. Then someone dropped Reed and he hit FA because no one claimed him on waivers. Too hard to pass up. So now I have 3 TEs. Talk about a first for me.

Also have 2 D's this week since I'm relunctant to drop Baltimore. They've been too good to me this year.

So yeah..my bench is different but I'm 2nd right now with the 2nd most points scored so I'm not complaining. But Hunt has to go back to producing again...starting next week. Can't expect 15 out of Kamara and McKinnon every week. Although Ajayi might have value again. ;)

16 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I drafted Graham this year too and he's been pretty solid the past few weeks. Picked up Greg Olsen last week and figured he could flex at worst in a few weeks. Then someone dropped Reed and he hit FA because no one claimed him on waivers. Too hard to pass up. So now I have 3 TEs. Talk about a first for me.

Also have 2 D's this week since I'm relunctant to drop Baltimore. They've been too good to me this year.

So yeah..my bench is different but I'm 2nd right now with the 2nd most points scored so I'm not complaining. But Hunt has to go back to producing again...starting next week. Can't expect 15 out of Kamara and McKinnon every week. Although Ajayi might have value again. ;)

I have Cincy's defense.  I was considering dropping them this week since they have a bad matchup, but all signs point to me romping easily, so I am going to hold onto them since their next 2 games are at Denver and vs. the Browns.  Trying to figure out the best defense to own for the playoffs at this point. 

My backup TE is Kyle Randolph, who is good, but Graham keeps scoring TDs every week so I can't bench him unless there is a big matchup difference.

Struggling to pick 2 QBs between Ryan, Brisset and Rivers.  Leaning towards the first two, might depend on the health status of TY Hilton. 

When you're a fantasy boss and you made a gutsy move by benching Diggs and starting Thielen 10 minutes before kickoff...only for Thielen to score 9 more points than Diggs, and that is the difference between me winning by 6 and losing by 3.   That clutch executive decision pushed me to 9-1.  :headbang:

9-1 in monster money league

8-2 in big money league

7-3 in small money league

7-3 in ES league

Let's ****ing go!  

It's swingin' down past my knees this morning. 

giphy.gif

Yay! After 9 straight wins dating back to last season, I'm now on a 4 game losing slide. NEVER let it be said I don't do things spectacularly!

Agonisingly lost 116.20-118.88 this week. But I appear to have off-set the Brown trade with two bonus WR2's at worst in Funchess and Smith-Schuster off waivers in recent weeks. And with byes all done now bar Funchess this coming week, and stashed IR's back healthy finally, I'm confident for the run-in and hopefully playoffs in this title defence. 

This weeks loss dropped me to 6-4. Tied second with one team and still just a game outside of first. (2 teams sat with that honour at 7-3.). With a further 4 teams at 5-5. Heck of a competitive league this year. 

Hail. 

I am the 2nd highest scoring team in the league and I dropped Cam Newton, Chris Thompson and Alvin Kamara in week 3. 

To be fair, I dropped Cam for Watson. 

Man, what could have been. In a hyper competitive 12 man league, I could have been rolling with this lineup:

QB: Watson

WR: Thielen, Shepherd

TE: Engram

RB: Gordon, Kamra

FLEX: choose between Jordan Howard, Kelvin Benjamin, Joe Mixon and Corey Davis

I also have Greg Olson stashed on IR.

Ughhhh

alright gents, need a qb for a bye week.  options are slim:

1.  Rivers vs. Buffalo- Rivers is in concussion protocol but may play Sunday

2. Fitzpatrick @ Miami

3.  Bortles @ Cleveland- meh, but it's vs Cleveland

4. Keenum vs. Rams

Any advice is appreciated...

Bortles is not a good QB but his fantasy numbers aren't that bad. And he seems to be connecting well with Marquise Lee which helps.

I am rolling with him until he has a dud game. He's scored 15 points or more in every game except one since week 3.

His schedule is also really nice for the rest of the season, so he may be a viable option for the next 6 weeks.

Still in first place after some pretty shrewd moves, like picking up Sterling Shepard and Robby Anderson.  At this point, I'm just trying to stay cool, because I'm doing better then I've done before but hope I don't have a crap the bed moment in the playoffs like I did last year.  Still having fun, that's what matters to me.

Archived