Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Fantasy Football

JamesMadisonSkins

Which QB should I play today?

Cam Newton or Jared Goff?

Goff is going up against the Saints and Newton against the Jets.

Newton against the Jets is (on paper) the better match-up, but the Saints won't have their two starting CBs today.

Should I start Goff and the Rams big-play ability, or should I start Newton and his crazy amount of rushing yards?

Or is this just a case of "six of one; half dozen of the other"? :) 

47 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Newton against the Jets is (on paper) the better match-up, but the Saints won't have their two starting CBs today.

Should I start Goff and the Rams big-play ability, or should I start Newton and his crazy amount of rushing yards?

I would lean towards Cam this week.

Cam Newton vs Jets or Matt Ryan vs Bucs.

I have Matt Ryan in due to match up right now.

Cam has been boom or bust but the boom has been huge.

2 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

FWIW, I rolled with Wentz over Goff this week so I'd side with Newton. 

Olsen's back as well which should boost the passing game. 

Hail. 

5 hours ago, JMURedskins said:

I would lean towards Cam this week.

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

FWIW, I rolled with Wentz over Goff this week so I'd side with Newton. 

Thanks for the help.

Newton did alright for me, but the guy I am playing had Julio Jones (and Keenan Allen on Thanksgiving).  :ols:

Oh well. We'll see. :) 

One win away from clinching a 1st round bye....and your opponent has Julio Jones and Keenan Allen

memewhyyyy.jpg

7 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

but the guy I am playing had Julio Jones (and Keenan Allen on Thanksgiving).  :ols:

I just ran into the same buzzsaw.  We can cry together :rofl89:

Today was a disaster for me. In leagues I knocked out of the park my opponent ended up knocking it out of the atmosphere - Scored 162 with Hopkins still to go -  great huh? I'm still behind by 50 and my opponent has Miller still to go as well. Additionally went in to today with several opponents getting nada and goose eggs from Thursdays games or starting injured players had already chalked them up as wins and this happens in one league I'm up by 10 right now but nothing left  and my opponent has Maclin (Oh the score only 58.7 to 48.1- how the hell does than happen)?  

Lots of \huge performances this week but also an an enormous number of eggs laid too (Prescott, Manning, Hunt, Howard, Baldwin, Fitz, Crabtree, Kelce, Davis, Cook etc. etc, etc.)

Welp. Officially out of the playoffs now. Have been in the ship the last 3 years. Team is coming together now but too little too late. 

Fatal flaw was not dropping David johnson week 1. Due to early byes, injuries, and the aforementioned taking up a roster spot for most of the fantasy season, my roster depth wasn't strong enough and I couldn't pick up enough players and had to let players with potential go (i.e. kamara)

Having the most points scored against doesn't help either. On to the spoiler role.  Will be back next year. 

This is getting funnier by the passing week. 

From 9 straight wins and 6-0 to 6 straight losses and 6-6! The rollercoaster Championship defence continues to lose its wheels by the passing week!

The latest collapse was a 101.98-115.18. 

So, the state of play now is one guy clinched at 9-3. The next sat almost in at 8-4. Third at 7-5. Then 4 teams at 6-6. Yours truly included. 

Can I stop the rot finally and win the last two? Which might not be enough to get in. This week I play the 7-5 team. The last another 6-6. 

Oh 

The

DRAMA!

Hail. 

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

one guy clinched at 9-3.

herman-cain-smile.gif

GHH,  I've been tracking your streak man.  Unreal.  You've been playing all the right people every week.  Either your guys didn't show up, or you ran into a buzzsaw with opponent's guys guys going off.  Friggin bummer.    

Clinched a playoff berth.  Fell to second place based on total points scored, we are both 9-2.  The 7th and 8th place teams are about even, so it doesn't make much difference. 

Been murdering folks all season.  That week 7 loss I had 3 starters on a bye and it was the week after Aaron Rodgers got hurt and I hadn't traded for Matt Ryan yet (Superflex league)

image.png.ee5127c7910604646e1ea04abbe18e35.png

1 hour ago, youngchew said:

GHH,  I've been tracking your streak man.  Unreal.  You've been playing all the right people every week.  Either your guys didn't show up, or you ran into a buzzsaw with opponent's guys guys going off.  Friggin bummer.    

Thanks man. Appreciated. That's been pretty much the story. But then that's FF. What she giveth with one hand, she takes away with the other. 

And even though Browns gone off the last 2 games for you, I'd still make our trade if I had it over at that point without knowing the Texans QB would go down. 

But hey, whilst there's hope the last 2 weeks .....

Hail. 

after starting 1 - 6, i am 5 - 7 now, and still tied for last place in my Division.   

I have scored the most points, and would be 67-38-3 if  i played every team in my league, every week.   I would have a winning record against every single team in my league, as well.  The guy with the second most points (and second best "hypothetical" record), is tied for last place in the other Division in our league.

the cookie crumbles into odd patterns sometimes. 

Well In by big league I've been clawing to stay alive with just one QB (Can Start 2).  Scored 181 points but still lost to the top scorer (no one lese managed even 140). The good news is this is a Victory Point league so I managed to get 2 points leaving me up by 3.5 with on game to go.  Win this week I'm in, If I lose but am not one of the bottom four, I'm in. If my main completion loses I'm in, or if he wins but is not in the top 4 scoring teams I'm in.

What does that tell me?? Given this past weeks results an earlier tie and the massive advantage I have that I outlined above. ............... It tells me I'm doomed.

Archived