Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Fantasy Football

JamesMadisonSkins

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Picked up Greg Olsen off waivers for the stretch run. 

Now they're both getting healthy again, if he or Charles Clay DON'T fix the troublesome TE spot then I give up. 

Hail. 

I picked up Olsen a week or two back. Have been doing the pick up Wed morning and drop Sunday night routine with Jordan Reed. Maybe it's the homer in me but I think Reed has at least 1 or 2 great games left this season.

Also stashed Perine this week in case he finally goes off now that he's getting (most of) Fat Rob's workload.

Tbh I don't see playing either of them much even if they do come thru. Assuming Ajayi explodes for the Iggles from now on..I'm finding it hard to start Diggs at WR or Flex. I have Mike Thomas, Brandon Cooks, Kareem Hunt, and Alvin Kamara starting at WR and RB. 

24 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I picked up Olsen a week or two back. Have been doing the pick up Wed morning and drop Sunday night routine with Jordan Reed. Maybe it's the homer in me but I think Reed has at least 1 or 2 great games left this season.

Also stashed Perine this week in case he finally goes off now that he's getting (most of) Fat Rob's workload.

Tbh I don't see playing either of them much even if they do come thru. Assuming Ajayi explodes for the Iggles from now on..I'm finding it hard to start Diggs at WR or Flex. I have Mike Thomas, Brandon Cooks, Kareem Hunt, and Alvin Kamara starting at WR and RB. 

I'm pretty much set for the run-in with: 

QB.   Wentz/ Goff. 

RB.   Fournette/ Peterson/ Woodhead. 

WR.  Crabtree/ Smith-Schuster/ Funchess/ Kupp/ Davis.

TE.   Olsen/ Clay. 

K.      Forbath. 

DST.  Seattle. 

Given the key loses through injury this year I'm happy and feeling fortunate to be sat at this stage with that group. All down to making the right decisions and picking the right combinations the stretch run now. 

Hail. 

Yep, I already clinched a playoff spot and am currently the #1 seed.  Here's what I have:

QB - Pick 2 from - Matty Ice, Rivers, Brisset (had Rodgers to start the year).

RB - Pick 2 or 3 from - LeVeon, Hyde, Hunt, McKinnon, Alfred Morris

WR - Pick 2 or 3 from - Tate, Cooks, Fitz

TE - Pick 1 from - Graham, Rudolph

K - Prater, but willing to stream

D - Cincy, but willing to stream

I have the worse record in the league at 3-7 

(although i am the 2nd highest scorer in the league, and would have a 62-28 record if i had played against every other team, every week )

In any case, that is how the cookie crumbles, and my season is over.   

but ...it is a keeper league.   I have one roster move left.  I am going to drop Sammy Watkins, and either sign Josh Gordon or sign juju smith-schuester (who i have as a TEMPORARY player on my team, as an IR replacement for ODB, so he is not officially on my team, and i would have to burn a move to keep him),

who should i take?     (for NEXT year..and beyond)   jujuj ? or Gorgon?? 

juju is only 20...and seems to have some awesome upside.  If Gordon comes back as 2014 Gordon, and stays clean (2 giant ifs) then he is arguably the best receiver in the league.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I should note...this is an OLD league, with OLD rules.   this league was formed pre-internet,  in the days when the commish had to track down the USA today (the only paper that published full stat lines for EVERY game in the late 80s early 90s) to manually calculate scores for every team every week.   In our pre-cambrian league... only scores matter: no yards/receptions/fumbles modifiers, but LONG scoring plays count extra.  and you get a double bonus if a player scores "out of position"  (QB running for a score, or a RB that catches a TD pass...)      We also get to keep EIGHT players every year.   ....it is all crazy, i know.

I have the following keeper candidates:

QB:    Wilson, Carr    (QB is far and away the most important position in this league, and i will almost certainly keep both)

RB:  Kamara, Ingram, McCaffrey, D Henry   (would like to keep McCaffrey, Kamara, Ingram... in that order.. all are receivers in disguise, and all rock in our scoring format)

WR:  ODB, Hopkins, Will Fuller, [Schuster-Smith OR Gordon]   (have to keep ODB and Hopkins)

TE:  OJ Howard, Ebram   (I would actually love to keep OJ howard... a good home-run scoring TE is gold, because most don't get **** from this positon, but still have to play one every week)  

1 Wilson

2 Carr

3 ODB

4 Hopkins

5 MCCaffrey

6 Kamara

and have 2 spots left to divide between Ingram/Howard/[Gordon-juju]/Will Fuller (who i blew a roster move on the day before his QB went down)

i am leaning towards signing Gordon, and keeping him if he shows any flashes at all in the end of the season (which is after final roster moves), and then also keeping Ingram.  Fuller is hurt and playing with a **** QB- isn't going to be able to demonstrate his potential for the rest of the season, and might be forgotten (and draftable next year), and ditto more-so for OJ Howard.   If Juju continues to explode the rest of the season he will get snached up early next year.... same for Gordon if he has a promising return at the end of the season.   makes choosing which one of them to lock-in NOW hard

6 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

I have the worse record in the league at 3-7 

(although i am the 2nd highest scorer in the league, and would have a 62-28 record if i had played against every other team, every week )

In any case, that is how the cookie crumbles, and my season is over.   

but ...it is a keeper league.   I have one roster move left.  I am going to drop Sammy Watkins, and either sign Josh Gordon or sign juju smith-schuester (who i have as a TEMPORARY player on my team, as an IR replacement for ODB, so he is not officially on my team, and i would have to burn a move to keep him),

who should i take?     (for NEXT year..and beyond)   jujuj ? or Gorgon?? 

juju is only 20...and seems to have some awesome upside.  If Gordon comes back as 2014 Gordon, and stays clean (2 giant ifs) then he is arguably the best receiver in the league.

Go with Schuster-Smith.

Tyreek Hill is a must start every week.  I like the idea of a shootout with Crabtree vs Pats and Shepard playing behind vs Chiefs.  But 'Reek will make you pay if you bench him.  He's a big play stud.  

Had AB going in two leagues last night.:headbang:   

On 11/15/2017 at 2:05 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Yep, I already clinched a playoff spot and am currently the #1 seed.  Here's what I have:

QB - Pick 2 from - Matty Ice, Rivers, Brisset (had Rodgers to start the year).

Update:  It looks like there is little to no chance (barring injury) that I would start Brisset over Matt Ryan or Rivers in the playoffs, so I dropped him and picked up Aaron Rodgers.  If Rodgers can play just the last 2 fantasy weeks, that's all I really need.    

So my two teams:
#1: Killing it.

10-1 record despite losing Dalvin Cook and having Ezekial Elliot go on double-secret probation.

#2: Everyone is dead. 6-5 record.

David Johnson on IR

Aaron Rodgers on IR

Carson Palmer on IR (seriously, lost back-to-back weeks because of QBs getting injured in the first quarter)

Chris Thompson on IR

Randall Cobb has not-Rodgers throwing the ball (to the other team)

It's a miracle team #2 hasn't completely rolled over a died.

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Who ever could have foreseen that his productivity would drop when he didn't have an elite running game and o-line to keep defenses honest and buy him all-day?

Who ever could have foreseen that the Cowboys would abandon the run even when not behind when their RBs were getting 4 to 5 yards per carry (just like Zeke was) to instead rely on the QB who has lost his confidence.

Been busy to update .....

So, after 9 straight wins, the equally spectacular slide continued last week with a 5th straight loss. (79.92-101.80.). Dropping me outside the playoff spots for the first time this year. 

We now have 2 teams sat at 8-3, with the next 4, myself included, at 6-5. Then the next 3 sat at 5-6. 

If I'm to retain the Championship, it's IMPERATIVE this slide stops NOW and I win out the last three. 

Currently down 6.- 42.70 after the Thanksgiving games. But he has only 5 to play whilst I have 8. MASSIVE few days coming up. 

'Three and O or we don't go!' Or something. :( 

Hail. 

Archived