Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Fantasy Football

JamesMadisonSkins

I'm crushed, man, lost by 4 f'n point.  Typing it out, I feel much better because I got so close, but I know how hard it is to get here, I might not be back for a while.  Either way, homie deserved it, he had been getting 2nd place for years. But had fun, great distraction, time to move on.  Thanks for the advice this year, ya'll.

21 hours ago, nonniey said:

I'd go Crabtree.

That was beyond soul crushing.  With Engram going down, I needed something from him, anything but a doughnut. smh

are you a landscape architect, that only works in the late winter and early spring, developing god's perfect gardens for your clients?

----- Because that would give you autumn and early winter free to devote to your other career... professional full time fantasy football player.   The stockings were NOT flowing over with toys in the Nonniey household this Christmas.   Little Tiny Tim still needs a new crutch, and even the family mouse is a little bit hungry... 

Back to Back to Back to Back... 4straight years of a championships!!!

In 2 leagues each year, so still pretty impressive if I say so myself. Went back to back 3 & 4 years ago in one league. Now back to back in the other. Just one long string of championships, pretty nice cashola in both.

6 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I only do 1 league a year, and I finished 7th out of 12. I likely would have won the whole damn thing if not for one draft mistake. I drafted Jordan Howard over Todd Gurley mid 2nd round.

The difference between a 7th place finish vs 1st place.

..and that wasn't a bad pick at the time. I took Ajayi in the first. *doh*...Gurley went 9 picks later ( 2nd round) of my league.

Edit..Howard went the next pick after Gurley (who was the 8th RB taken).

Johnson, Bell, Ajayi, McCoy, Gordon, Freeman, Murray

Wow.

Well in my pay league I wrapped up 3rd place which means I win back the $50 I paid (more than likely will have the commish keep it as my 2018 entry fee).  In my other league I am in the championship game and up by 40 points after Week 1 (this league has a 2 week cumulative score for the championship game).

Overall a successful 2017 for my FF teams.

I hate being commissioner and having to collect. I have two dudes who.have yet to pay their $150. They work with me so I guess they figured they could pay whenever. I reminded them....season is over time to pay. Plus I won the league! That money is mine. Last day is 1/5 so they have four days to pay or else I'm bringing a crowbar.

Easiest season I can recall ever. Having Gurley and Kamara helped. Jaguars defense and Boswell were amazingly consistent. WRs did just enough - Cooks, Crabtree, Matthews, Baldwin. Rivers held down the first half and I scooped Goff off of waivers just in time. He killed the final 6-7 weeks.

Bad fantasy year for me, but locked up my ATS pick 'em pool. 145-103 on the season. $85 entry fee, with 32 people playing. I only won two weeks outright ($85 paid out per week), but taking home 1st overall. I think the payout is $750. That's health insurance paid for a month and a half, and I will happily take that! Never won one of these before, but it feels good to at least win something. I think I did well in it this year as a side-effect of researching for my one seasonal league (I haven't played just one league in years), and DFS stuff every week. The the two things that I was really paying very close attention every week that I think made a difference were implied team totals. and how Yahoo's point spreads don't really match up with Vegas odds, especially with line movement as the week goes on. There's usually at least a couple of games every week where the Yahoo line is not quite right, sometimes not even close to right.

12 Team PPR Playoff team #1 

QB Bortles

RB Bell

RB Freeman

WR Theilen

WR Sanu

WR Eli Rogers

TE Jesse James (Mistake should have taken McDonald)

K Matt Bryant

D Falcons

Had 4th pick 

Thought I was going to be able to focus on Vikes and Steelers with how the first two rounds went but teams immediately to my left and right started poaching players that didn't make sense for who they already had. So ended wedded to Atlanta (But still have some Steelers).

Good news is if Atlanta can pull the upset this weekend they get the Eagles the following week which should win me the championship (ie I'll get 3 games from my Falcon players and probably 2 or more from my other players).

Had to share this because it's NUTS. 

So, I won my highly competitive work league, but the point isn't that I won. It's to point out how terrible I apparently am at drafting and how important weekly management is (waaaay more important than I realized until this year).

I had one player left on my roster that I drafted (Gurley). Antonio was my first round pick, and I had a lot of other bad luck (Dalvin Cook, Jordan Reed, Kelley, Thompson, etc), but I also drafted a lot of really bad players.

I also am nowhere near a genius manager. I picked up Kamara early and then cut him for...wait for it...Rashard Higgins. I deserve nothing good ever. I also picked up and cut Dion Lewis 3 times.

I won my week 16 championship with Bortles, Gurley, Dion Lewis, Gio, Ginn Jr, Juju, and Olson. I had the top 3 scorers, the #2 QB, and 5 of that week's top 10 in a 12 man league. Mind blown.

I had by far the worst draft in my league; I didn't get anything out of anyone besides AB and Gurley.

However, I was also the most consistent player in my league. I would have beaten the second best player in our league 9 out of 16 weeks. I did not have the league high in points (I was actually 4th).

So yeah. The next time you feel like you had a really crappy draft, remember this. One player is all I had left at the end. Weekly pickups (most of mine were on Friday, so not even obvious waiver picks) matter waaaay more than I ever thought. 

I won my bizzaro league :)

started at 1-6,   (where i scored over 50 points exactly once, in my lone win)

and then went 9-1 to finish the season (where i cored less than 60 points exactly once, in my lone loss)

.... and had 7 straight weeks of "win or go home"  

i drafted Kamara with my last pick (the 2nd best RB in our scoring format), and had Wilson (the top scoring QB in our scoring format) and Hopkins (the top scoring WR in our scoring format)

Archived