Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Fantasy Football

JamesMadisonSkins

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It certainly does, but ultimately the goal of fantasy football is to win the money and bragging rights.  I'd rather be lucky than good in a game where luck plays a huge role.  You can be more studious than the competition and still end up on the losing side often due to luck with injuries, the timing of injuries, all sorts of things that you can't predict no matter what you do.  Sure, in the long run, a more advanced level fantasy football owner is going to offset that luck with skill somewhat, but luck will always have relevancy in this game. 

I guess I said all that to say, I wouldn't put too much stock into the value of the accomplishment outside of the stack of cash you receive for winning.

Ya, I definitely put forth the effort and made some good calls this year, so I don't feel guilty at all (if not me, someone else would've done the same thing). 

I've also had my pain just like everyone else (three QBs on IR, and the failure of Mike Evans and Jordy Nelson). This isn't a money league, its a work league where somebody made a wooden plaque that gets passed to the champion each year so they can put it over their desk.  I think it will be cool, but most people I know don't care about fantasy football, so I don't know if I'd consider it a conversation peice : ) 

I'll still be happy about it if it comes through, especially considering this is only my third year playing.

6 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

Chance to go back to back...

Stafford

Gurley/Bell

Hopkins/Thelien/Crabtree

Ebron

Tucker

Bears

How the hell did you end up with Gurley/Bell/Hopkins?!  Great god.  

However you pulled it off, good on ya.  :headbang:

Wilson

Kamara/Mcaffrey   (Ingram on the bench)

Hopkins/Juju      (Watkins on the bench)

Ebron

Dan Bailey

BRONCOS     (Chargers on the bench)

my opponent is decimated by injuries.   (Has Rogers, Dalvin Cook, David Johnson, Rob Kelly, Hunter Henry, Folk .... all on his IR)

Rolling with the following in the finals:

Bortles

Juju (had AB :( ) 

Sterling Shep

Gurley

Dion Lewis (had Burkhead :( - and yeah, if you're wondering how I survived last week, it was by a point, and look at the name above this)

Olson

Flex: As of right now, Dede Westbrook :\ 

Def: Chargers vs the NYJs

Kicker: Boswell

My roster is held together with glue at this point. I've lost Dalvin Cook, Antonio, Jordan Reed, Eifert, Burkhead, and some I'm not even remembering anymore.

Going up against:

Brady

Fitz

Dez

Kamara

Shady

Ertz

Landry

Minny
Matt Bryant

So yeah, I'm just gonna pencil myself in to the 2 slot.

2 hours ago, youngchew said:

How the hell did you end up with Gurley/Bell/Hopkins?!  Great god.  

However you pulled it off, good on ya.  :headbang:

Great story, not that anyone cares about other peoples fantasy tales. But it involves an epic fleece of otherwise savy owner

The team that usually competes with me for the title was shopping RB's midway through season. They originally offered Howard. After some discussion I got them to offer Bell for Julio. Here's wherein gets good. Since our league is roster restriction he asked to have me throw in Wendall Smallwood for a WR n his team. I said yea, throw in Thelien (way before he started to blow up). 

Needless to say I've been killing it since than. 10 team league, drafted Julio-Demarco-Gurley- Hopkins 1-2-3-4 rounds.

QUESTION... CRABTREE VS WALLACE?

I really don't like this match-up, but is what it is at this point.  And F it, I'm going to be very proud of myself with how far I got and especially if I pull off the upset. Hail.

image.png.e2e30942bccf973a6022699bff5b25aa.png

2 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

QUESTION... CRABTREE VS WALLACE?

You talking about Mike Wallace?  Go with Crabtree.  Dude has been been getting targets like a MF'r, and ya I get that Cooper has been hurt lately, but even when he was healthy it was obvious Carr trusts him more in an offense that can go off at anytime.  Bigger upside all I'm saying.

Saints WR Mike Thomas has a late injury designation and is listed as questionable (game time decision) tomorrow with a hamstring injury.

Might want to have a replacement if needed. I just picked up Jags WR Keelan Cole (3 weeks with a TD and my opponent is starting Bottles)...dropped Josh Gordon since I won't play him anyways.

Well..gonna dance with the one that brought me. Thomas it is..need him and Kamara to go off for the Saints today. Hoping for big games from Kareem Hunt, Nick Foles, Brandon Cooks, and Greg Olsen too.

Not liking my chances... Yahoo had me losing by 12 now (before yesterday's games I was an 8pt underdog).

Need SF to shut down Bortles. Which..they can actually do.

Gl everyone!

2 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Todd Gurley

I'm so close to the trophy. Gonna need Baldwin and Crabtree to step up and give me something.  I need like 8 catches for 80 yards combined and I will feel good.

Ya, Gurley holding down the fort, for real for real.  Was almost holding Gronk, Gordon, and Shady off by himself, at least long enough for my receivers and Bell to get in the game.

Image result for you shall not pass gif

I'm going to put my phone away, enjoy my time with my fam, and check on this again tomorrow around the wizards game.  This is going to go all the way up to the monday night game at this rate.

9 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

Ladies and gentlemen:  Todd Gurley II.  He's more beast than man, and I have him in 2 money leagues.  Up 42 in my big money, he has Ertz I have jefferey, non PPR.  It's over.

Up by 33 in medium money, he has Ben Roth I have Jeffery and Lamar Miller, PPR.  It's over

I'm down by 12 in small money with L.Bell and Agholor going, PPR.  It's over.

Best fantasy season ever, almost surreal.  4 leagues, #1 seed in all of them.  Back to back losses in ES league playoffs, bummer.  But I will win all 3 money leagues.

Archived