Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, visionary said:

There hasn't been any "forensic audits".  "Forensic" means "using established scientific methods".  

And I've got $100 that says that no, Americans do not "support election audits".  

I'd be happy to ignore far left smears, if I see one.  

And the American people just had answers, transparency, and secure elections.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All this "if" stuff with Trump and the coup is absurd. I get it. No one wants to be sued, but still. There's no if. There was an attempt at a coup. You can tell because of the delay in military response. You can tell because of the careful replacement of key figures in the last days with loyalists. You can tell because of the inside information.

The main reason the coup failed is because Trump led it. Trump is lazy and impulsive. The nation is lucky he had a plan to start the coup, but not how to carry it through. The nation is lucky that Trump likes to have plausible deniability so he insinuated what he wanted and gave starting instructions, but not a battle blueprint.

I think Trump's plan was to activate the military after a bloody insurrection, sweep them out, killing mass numbers of his supporters, and declaring martial law because of the instability. He wouldn't look twice at the cost of killing several thousand of his followers to advance his cause. The reason his coup failed was because it never reached the stage of violence where he could send in the Marines guns ablazing.

I think what Trump supporters need to realize is that they have less value than a pawn to him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Borgold said:

All this "if" stuff with Trump and the coup is absurd. I get it. No one wants to be sued, but still. There's no if. There was an attempt at a coup. You can tell because of the delay in military response. You can tell because of the careful replacement of key figures in the last days with loyalists. You can tell because of the inside information.

The main reason the coup failed is because Trump led it. Trump is lazy and impulsive. The nation is lucky he had a plan to start the coup, but not how to carry it through. The nation is lucky that Trump likes to have plausible deniability so he insinuated what he wanted and gave starting instructions, but not a battle blueprint.

I think Trump's plan was to activate the military after a bloody insurrection, sweep them out, killing mass numbers of his supporters, and declaring martial law because of the instability. He wouldn't look twice at the cost of killing several thousand of his followers to advance his cause. The reason his coup failed was because it never reached the stage of violence where he could send in the Marines guns ablazing.

I think what Trump supporters need to realize is that they have less value than a pawn to him.

He wanted instability so he could use I think the Insurrection Act and send Troops in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Borgold said:

You know, that actually makes sense as to why the insurrectionists were allowed to walk out of the Capitol freely and without conflict.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Am I having a Berenstain Bears moment or did borgold used to have a "u" in his name?

😕

No, I was Burgold and may be again. I used ninja text to hide a political quip in the Stadium while warning people not to look because there lie politics. 

TK thought the name change a fitting punishment. He thought my inability to resist made me more Borg than Burg. 

:ols:

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

SHOCK POLL: Two in Three Southern Republicans Want to Secede From the United States

A shocking YouGov poll found that 66% of Republicans in southern states want to secede from the United States.

The survey, by YouGov in conjunction with BrightLineWatch, looked at the current political climate in America. The most stunning question concerned support or opposition for the state in which respondents lived in “seceding from the United States to join a new union with [list of states in new union]?”

Five prospective new unions were constructed (by region) “and inserted the relevant states for respondents into the question wording above. For example, a participant from California in our survey would be asked about joining a new union along with Washington, Oregon, Hawaii, and Alaska,” explains BrightLineWatch. These sets are provided below:

Pacific: California, Washington, Oregon, Hawaii, and Alaska
Mountain: Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico
South: Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee
Heartland: Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, and Nebraska
Northeast: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia

As you can see in the graphic below, the Southern state respondents embraced the notion of secession most aggressively. 43% of those who live in Mountain states were in support of secession:

Screen-Shot-2021-07-15-at-7.21.01-AM.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

I see a lot of issues with that list.  I know New Mexico and Colorado have no desire to be included in that gaggle they're calling Mountain.  We have enough urbanized population to override the rural outliers for the for most part and Arizona is rapidly becoming similar in that respect.  Outside of gerrymandered congressional districts, we are both pretty solidly blue dogs.