Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

3 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Not to mention how many people have read that book. It's not some vague, rarely read book most people struggle with. Most people go through highschool at least reading the cliff notes. 

I bought the soundtrack to the musical. (It had Mandy Patinkin in it.)

And I knew he was tilting at windmills in junior high. Including what it means, to call someone "quixotic". 

• Like 2

^^^^ I'm now not even sure he read or understood the wiki summary lol...he apparently loves using this metaphor incorrectly:

"People have noted that this is not the first time that Garrison has done other cartoons that similarly misunderstood the point of Don Quixote, with his past depiction of what he sees as heroic conservative figures like Kent Heckenlively and Robert David Steele in the Don Quixote role and their enemies as the windmills..."

kent-quixote.jpg

steele-quixote.jpg

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Just gonna drop all these here lol...

The cartoonist got defensive..didn't help matters:

"Ok I need to talk slowly so the leftist twits can understand. 1. Yes, I realize that the Don Quixote character from Cervantes’ novel attacked imaginary enemies as represented by the windmill, but Donald Trump Quixote’s enemies are not imagined. I read the book, did you?"

Chappelles Show Lol GIF

You can't make this level of stupidity up. If that was argument 1, what was 2? Windmills are symbolic of technology? 

Lord... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

I'm looking forward to when the whole Trump turning on DeSantis thing really gets going. Trump's a coward ass **** who can't stand competition and will go after anyone taking his shine.

Desantis is already saying he wont run if Trump will. Good political calculus. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Chappelles Show Lol GIF

You can't make this level of stupidity up. If that was argument 1, what was 2? Windmills are symbolic of technology? 

Lord... 

Windmills cause cancer. Haven't you heard?  

• Haha 4

They have to leave the state? For weeks? Thats legit **** right there. Wish I could vote for them myself

(that last sentence is a good example of why Dems need to man up and start throwing some punches, I dont even know these peoples names and my first instinct is to vote for the person i perceive as fighting for my interests) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Considering Dump's history with windmills to begin with..it's even funnier. 

Pretty sure the windmills never ran away from Don Quixote. 

Now, if you want to caption the cartoon "What Trump Land thinks they look like". . . . . 

Edited by Larry

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Desantis is already saying he wont run if Trump will. Good political calculus. 

Ah, good to know. I wouldn’t be surprised if trump still goes after him. Purely for the fact that Desantis is getting attention that trump thinks should belong to him. 

4 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

Not to mention how many people have read that book. It's not some vague, rarely read book most people struggle with. Most people go through highschool at least reading the cliff notes. 

I read the book in Spanish while in my college Spanish class.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

People that know how to fight? How to use every rule in the book to stand against a slide to fascism?

check their party ID, they can't be democrats 

They indeed are Democrats, my state representative is one of them. Proud of them!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

I'm looking forward to when the whole Trump turning on DeSantis thing really gets going. Trump's a coward ass **** who can't stand competition and will go after anyone taking his shine.

1 hour ago, clietas said:

Just give it time. Trump eventually turns on everyone. Doubt DeSantis will be any different. 

Amusing.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, China said:

It says the last time they did this was 2003.  Odd, I remember them doing this just a couple of months ago:

Texas Democrats Walk Out, Stop Republicans' Sweeping Voting Restrictions

May 31, 2021

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I remembered this too immediately. I just assumed this most recent move was different in some way I couldn’t recognize 

I don't think last time they had to leave the state...so I also assumed it as something different. I didn't read the article, though lol.

• Like 1