Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

To answer the title of the thread, I'm afraid it won't get fixed.

I used to believe that Trump was an unfortunate blip on the radar, that he'd have 4 disastrous years, he'd be gone and things would get back to normal.

But that's not going to happen.  He still has an iron grip on the party despite not holding office and having no power.  People are still kowtowing to him and his dip**** fans are still showing up to his rallies.

I was disappointed to see that JD Vance walked back his criticism since he's now running for office in Ohio and knows he needs votes from Trump humpers in order to win.  If it were me, I'd rather stand for something and not win instead of having to walk back criticism in a pathetic attempt to get votes.  It's not like JD Vance really needs this, he's been successful in the VC world, he can probably write another bestseller, go on speaking tours, etc.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 5

I'm having a discussion with some dip**** on FB over Texas proposed legislation for more Voter ID laws, like we need another one here. He even brought up that Federal indicted Attorney General Ken Paxton to claim that voter fraud was at an all time high. 

Just for grins!

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I used to believe that Trump was an unfortunate blip on the radar, that he'd have 4 disastrous years, he'd be gone and things would get back to normal.

I figured it would be a matter of weeks before the Right Wing Message was "he was never one of us", Pence becomes President, and they get busy churning out Right Wing Agenda.  

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

If only Bill Clinton had thought of that.  

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

"Which employer does the Congressman claim he was working for, at the time?"  

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2021 at 4:35 PM, NoCalMike said:

The way CRT theory is being covered by the right-wing right now it is obvious that they have given up on arguing on any actual issues of substance are are targeting white suburban women with the same ol "those people are looking to corrupt your precious white children"  T

Speaking of:

Ohio moms speak out after private school expels their children over critical race theory pushback

Two Ohio mothers spoke out Wednesday morning after their children were expelled from a private school due to the mothers pushing back against critical race theory.

Columbus Academy is denying re-enrollment to several students, alleging that their mothers breached part of their contract by leading a public campaign against the school's purported attempt to "indoctrinate" students with left-wing ideas.

"I feel like it is unfortunate that when you are speaking out and you are trying to say your truth, unfortunately, there are people who want to retaliate against you. In this case, they retaliated against our children, who are innocent," Andrea Gross told "Fox & Friends First," alongside Amy Gonzalez.

The decision capped off months of efforts by Gross and Gonzalez to probe Columbus Academy's (CA) activities, which allegedly included divisive concepts about race and anti-conservative sentiment. Gross and Gonzalez are co-organizers of the Pro CA Coalition, pushing against critical race theory being taught at Columbus Academy.

A spokesperson for CA declined to comment on specific cases, but more generally restated the school's position on "attacks" leveled by parents.

"Columbus Academy does not comment on the circumstances of any student or family. However, any parent who waged a public campaign of false and misleading statements and inflammatory attacks harmful to the employees, the reputation, or the financial stability of Columbus Academy would be in clear violation of the Enrollment Agreement and would be denied re-enrollment for the following school year," the spokesperson said.  

Click on the link for the full article

Edited by China
  • Haha 6

On 6/15/2021 at 3:16 PM, China said:

Greene apologizes for comparing vaccine rules to Holocaust

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) on Monday apologized for comparing COVID-19 vaccine and mask rules to the Holocaust, declaring that "there is no comparison" between the safety measures and the genocide of 6 million Jews during World War II.

Greene delivered the public apology following a visit earlier Monday to the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum weeks after she drew condemnation from fellow Republicans for the remarks over the long Memorial Day recess.

"I have made a mistake," Greene told reporters. "I wanted to say that I know that words that I've stated were hurtful, and for that I am very sorry."

Monday’s public apology was a reversal from last month, when Greene doubled down on her comments comparing COVID-19 safety measures to Jews being singled out by the Nazis.

Click on the link for the full article

On 6/15/2021 at 3:23 PM, mistertim said:

Man, MTG must have gotten some sort of serious blowback for her to apologize for something. I can only imagine her doing that if it was something that would affect her ability to fundraise and stay relevant. I'm pretty confident that she doesn't actually feel bad about what she said.

On 6/15/2021 at 3:35 PM, Bang said:

The Holocaust museum is very powerful.

Maybe it actually got to her and she understood.

I know,, i'm way out on the limb, but maybe.

~Bang

On 6/15/2021 at 4:18 PM, mistertim said:

Honestly, this was actually my initial reaction...maybe something actually got through that conspiracy-addled head of hers. 

But then I remembered just how awful she's been and I gave that up as a bad job.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Reveals She Learned Nothing From Holocaust Museum Visit

Just three weeks after she visited the Holocaust Museum and contritely said she had finally learned at age 47 that there is “nothing comparable” to the genocide of 6 million Jewish people, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) once again invoked Nazi Germany to complain about COVID-19 vaccination policy in the United States.

“Biden pushing a vaccine that is NOT FDA approved shows covid is a political tool used to control people,” Greene tweeted on Tuesday in response to a video of President Joe Biden urging a “door-to-door” vaccination campaign. “People have a choice, they don’t need your medical brown shirts showing up at their door ordering vaccinations. You can’t force people to be part of the human experiment.”

Click on the link for more

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CRT = Just call it United States History. Forget these stupid phrases. It's ****ing History!

MGT is a nutcase who doesn't belong in Congress just like those other Congress Critters that voted to decertify the Electoral College.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Where does he keep finding these lawyers who keep filing these lawsuits without compensation? Their stupidity just astounds me. They must think they'll be paid along with the "cachet" of representing T.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Where does he keep finding these lawyers who keep filing these lawsuits without compensation? Their stupidity just astounds me. They must think they'll be paid along with the "cachet" of representing T.

They dont have to be paid by him in full for it to be profitable for them. Think about the stupid fundraisers these people fall for. If you are defending him or seen as one of his biggest supporters, you have access to millions of dollars in donations. I mean they are even stuffing some of it in plastic bags as cash....so its tax free! 

Took me a min to think of this too. But its all for access to the scam. That's all of republican politics in general I think. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 4

google changed it's algorithm?
Bull****.

i just typed "big fat orange fascist pig" in there, and trump came up on top like he has for years.

Now, lets say they did.
Couldn't one argue it is no different than a newspaper or other private company endorsing a candidate?

Google is a voluntary expedition for the consumer. No one is forced to use it. 

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bang said:

google changed it's algorithm?
Bull****.

Pretty sure that they did.  

Used to be, political figures were exempt from being labeled for making untrue claims.  And then they removed the exemption.  

• Like 2