Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Media, for the love of God, stop covering/interviewingthis ****.  She is not a serious person.  She is not a legislator.  She is a Nazi-sympathizing, Q following twit.  We get it.  She represents a portion of America. But until she passes a bill stop giving her oxygen.

Not sure I agree. I want to emphasize what the Republican Party really is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

So, your point is that, while there's a huge correlation between "Republican" and "douche", it's necessary to examine the chronology before assigning causation to one or the other?  

Honestly with Ted Cruz I think his face itself is enough evidence. 

37 minutes ago, Larry said:

Not sure I agree. I want to emphasize what the Republican Party really is. 

I think one issue here is that, contrary to all of our hopes, showing MTG and other MAGAs for the whackos they really are doesn't seem to turn off anyone who isn't already against her camp. It mostly just energizes their base.

Edited by mistertim
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

I think one issue here is that, contrary to all of our hopes, showing MTG and other MAGAs for the whackos they really are doesn't seem to turn off anyone who isn't already against her camp. It mostly just energizes their base.

I do think it energizes Dem supporters and voters to do whatever it takes to get her out of office. Anyone else remember how people were saying last year that the Dems needed to make sure their actions--no matter how valid--didn't end up simply energizing the GOP base? I do...Anyone else remember all those times people published books detailing stuff about the Trump administration and said "Why didn't they say anything at the time?"...I could see the same thing happening if Greene gets re-elected and then all these statements and videos showing her to be a racist loon start popping up, and the same type of "Why didn't anyone show these things before the election" comments start being tossed out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

More cancel culture:

Republican calls on Oklahoma to ban Ben & Jerry's

Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) called on his state to block the sale of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream following an announcement earlier this week that the company would stop selling ice cream in Israeli-occupied Palestianian territory.

“#Benandjerrys has now decided they know more about Jerusalem than the Israelis. If Ben & Jerry’s wants to have a meltdown & boycott Israel, OK is ready to respond. Oklahoma has an anti-boycott of Israel law in place,” Lankford said in a statement on Twitter on Wednesday.

“We should immediately block the sale of all #Benandjerrys in the state and in any state-operated facility to align with our law,” Lankford added.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, China said:

More cancel culture:

Republican calls on Oklahoma to ban Ben & Jerry's

Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) called on his state to block the sale of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream following an announcement earlier this week that the company would stop selling ice cream in Israeli-occupied Palestianian territory.

“#Benandjerrys has now decided they know more about Jerusalem than the Israelis. If Ben & Jerry’s wants to have a meltdown & boycott Israel, OK is ready to respond. Oklahoma has an anti-boycott of Israel law in place,” Lankford said in a statement on Twitter on Wednesday.

“We should immediately block the sale of all #Benandjerrys in the state and in any state-operated facility to align with our law,” Lankford added.

Click on the link for the full article

Senator, are there any other foreign governments who you owe more loyalty to than the freedoms of your own constituents?  

• Like 3

Tucker's attack on that capitol police officer was puzzling and seemed to come out of nowhere..........until you realized the guy is testifying on Tuesday in front of the 01/06 commission so of course he must be smeared and have his name poisoned by right-wing media beforehand so their audience will just accuse him of lying and whatever else.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Tucker's attack on that capitol police officer was puzzling and seemed to come out of nowhere..........until you realized the guy is testifying on Tuesday in front of the 01/06 commission so of course he must be smeared and have his name poisoned by right-wing media beforehand so their audience will just accuse him of lying and whatever else.

Let's also not lose sight of the fact that he's black. That in itself is enough to set Carlson on him to please his viewers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2