Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

COD WW2 - Its happening!!!

Springfield

23 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Arma for me and player unknowns battlegrounds. Consoles need to catch up and get Battle Royal FPS on them.

Is Arma really that good?  I remember Moco used to talk about it.  For console, the best FPS as far as game play goes is Rainbow Six Siege, imo.   But this new CoD sounds cool, glad to see them get back to their roots.  I had a feeling after playing BF1 they wouldn't be far behind and go old school again.

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Is Arma really that good?  I remember Moco used to talk about it.  For console, the best FPS as far as game play goes is Rainbow Six Siege, imo.   But this new CoD sounds cool, glad to see them get back to their roots.  I had a feeling after playing BF1 they wouldn't be far behind and go old school again.

It's different strokes for different folks. It's way more of a military sim, you run and gun there is a good chance you get sniped. It's a lot slower. But, I like the gameplay and gunplay a lot better and PU Battlegrounds was an arma 3 mod so that takes that gun and gameplay into the quicker paced shooter. There is still a lot of camping because you are up against 60-100 other players but Battle royal is by far my favorite type of shooter these days by a wide margin. There is team play as well if you want and separate lobbys for it.

My only real criticism of these games is that there really isn't much point to leveling up. The guns don't get better. The gear isn't functionally better or upgradeable. The player character doesn't improve. The only thing you can do is get decorations and achievements.

My son plays a bit of Battlefield 1 and apparently there are some unlockables. But COD there's little reason to level up otger than bragging rights. To me that's annoying.

I haven't played COD seriously since Mw2. The **** just got ridiculous after that and actually during that. 

I get on now and die every six seconds, people spawn directly behind you, kids no scoping from across the map. Bleh. Not for me anymore. I prefer more methodical gameplay than the twitch fest. 

I am happy that it's going back too wW2. COD2 had an awesome campaign, as did the MW series 

6 hours ago, BigDaddyShoo said:

Ummm.....didn't they already do WWII in CoD2? That was the last time I played the series.

that was a long time ago.  I enjoyed COD2: Big Red One back in the day.  Had Mark Hamill in it (he was in a movie called The Big Red One; not sure if the game was inspired by the movie).  Also had half a dozen or so guys from Band Of Brothers.

Not buying it unless it makes a huge splash.

Love how they're answering the community.  "ALRIGHT ALREADY - HERE YA GO.  WORLD WAR 2."

****ing so sick of the automated ninja moves that they lost their fanbase like the Marlins do when they aren't World Series contenders.

Knew this last game was so cheeseball-wizard because they coupled COD4 with it, and it halfway ruined COD4's reputation.  All I'll say is - YOU HAD TO BE THERE.  COD4's OG life was ****in crazy.  Now, everybody was playing like 10-year veterans getting their camp on.

As far as this new game goes, they really have to chill out with the customization.  At the end of the day, it's about having straight-up fights without all this bull**** that comes out of nowhere because someone got 500xp from throwing his grenade off the map 5 times in one match like a ****ing donkey.  Go **** yourselves.

I've been fooled once since BO2, not going to get fooled again.  SHOW ME THE MONEY.  If it's great.....if it RECAPTURES the B FLAG of the HEARTS of the COD COMMUNITY.........

I'll see you in November.

On 4/21/2017 at 4:15 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

COD sucks.  Too much run and gun.  No strategy.

So not true... There's the lay prone on the ground strategy and the crouch around a corner strategy...

World At War and Black Ops 1 are my 2 favorite CoD games.  I still play WaW on Xbox one from time to time. The weapons are classic, there's no crazy sights etc.. 

Because of Destiny, (and my scuf controller), I"m actually enjoying infinite warfare a little more than I did when it first came out.  I like the jumping around and what not.  

I will definitely give WW2 a try.  I really wanted to like Battlefield 1 more, but while its a beautiful game, I just can't get into it as much as I want to for whatever reason.  

Co-sign on the earlier post! 

For them to piss on Call of Duty 4's legacy was a shame. When that came out in 2007, FPS' were changed, game was amazing and is still for it's time the gold standard for the series.

Of course every COD since COD4 is just COD 4 version X. It's crazy to me when people say they started COD after 4, I'm like you missed everything then basically.

Archived