Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

COD WW2 - Its happening!!!

Springfield

My first impressions:

Played for about a total of 3 hours today.  Got up to level 17 or 18.

The good:

The gameplay.  This is some of the best COD gameplay ever.  Everything is smooth.

The lack of futuristic made up crap, no wall running, no boost jumping.  No laser guns.

The maps.  Most of the maps aren’t completely balanced, which is good to me.  Fun, but challenging also.

Gunplay is good.  I’d call it balanced, nothing seems overpowered.

The bad:

Headquarters is pretty dumb.  Why not put everything in menus?  Seems like they make you run around pointlessly for stuff that you could just navigate to through menus.  Whatever.

They force you to take a grenade and a pistol.  No big deal, right?  Except for the fact that it leads to grenade spamming.

On HC modes, if you accidentally kill your teammate then they die and not you.  I prefer it the other way around.  Surely Chew or Taze will get kicked in HC modes if memory serves me.

Thats all so far.  The gameplay is on point and the maps and shooting are good.  I can look past the crappy UI for that.

I played a lot over the weekend.  As much as possible considering how bad the server issues were.

My thoughts:
The good: graphics are really good.  In general, the game is fun.  I will continue to play at this point.

The bad:  the servers suck.  I'm not talking about the main issues they were having. I'm talking in general.  70% of the matches were without problem.  Shots register, things seem fair.  However, about 30% of the time, its garbage.  People teleporting, shots not registering.  Either I'm one hit killing the enemy or they are one hit killing me.  A few games, I was dying before the enemy was even visible.  COD needs dedicated servers.  Titanfall 2 is a much better experience in regards to the servers, lag etc...

The grease gun and BAR are severely overpowered.  I was fortunate and got the free prestige token and used it on the BAR so I had it unlocked immediately.  Sniping is too easy.  Other than that, pretty good game.  
I was a jetpack hater at first, but TBH, I grew into liking advanced movement and definitely miss it.  So many people in this game rely on headglitching, laying on the ground and hiding around corners.  Boring and lame.  I will get bored with this game fairly quickly.

Wife and I have been dealing with unplayable lag in about 50% of our matches.  You know how people have a tendency to blame lag when they're not doing well?  Well, this is not that.

I've been watching the killcams lately, and there is close to a half second delay in what i see vs what the bad guy sees.  And anyone who plays CoD knows that a half second is an eternity.

I was turning a corner sprinting last night, and as soon as I actually saw the guy, I started to shoot, and died immediately.  I watched the killcam, the bad guy saw me out of this peripheral, turned my direction, aimed down sight, and laid me out.  That is NOT what it looked like on my screen.

Later that same game, I came around a corner, got TWO shots off with a pump shotgun (boom, rack it, boom).  I watched the killcam, it didn't show me even shoot ONCE.  My screen registered two shots with a pump action shotgun, the bad guy that killed me didn't even see me get one shot off.  That is "unplayable lag," you'll lose 100% of your 1v1s dealing with that kind of lag.  And I'd say about 50% of our games play like that.  It's infuriating.  Problem is definitely not our internet, so I don't know what the issue is.  :(

That said, my Win/Loss ratio is already over 2.00, which is all I care about.  :)  

8 hours ago, Springfield said:

My first impressions:

Played for about a total of 3 hours today.  Got up to level 17 or 18.

The good:

The gameplay.  This is some of the best COD gameplay ever.  Everything is smooth.

The lack of futuristic made up crap, no wall running, no boost jumping.  No laser guns.

The maps.  Most of the maps aren’t completely balanced, which is good to me.  Fun, but challenging also.

Gunplay is good.  I’d call it balanced, nothing seems overpowered.

The bad:

Headquarters is pretty dumb.  Why not put everything in menus?  Seems like they make you run around pointlessly for stuff that you could just navigate to through menus.  Whatever.

They force you to take a grenade and a pistol.  No big deal, right?  Except for the fact that it leads to grenade spamming.

On HC modes, if you accidentally kill your teammate then they die and not you.  I prefer it the other way around.  Surely Chew or Taze will get kicked in HC modes if memory serves me.

Thats all so far.  The gameplay is on point and the maps and shooting are good.  I can look past the crappy UI for that.

Chew, not me.  He gets a little trigger happy in hardcore lol

I played it all weekend (off and on).  I like it.  My biggest complaint is the lack of game modes in hardcore.  They do this every year, every version of the game........put out a few hardcore modes and then add them later after we **** and complain.  At least Domination is in this first release.  

As Springy said, the classes/weapons are as balanced as they could be.  I read the BAR was overpowered, so I used my weapon prestige token on it and I don't know if it's overpowered, but its one of the best weapons in the game, especially aiming down sights and getting three perks (infantry division).  I'd say having it early on might be considered an advantage.  

I prestiged the Infantry division and unlocked the SVT-40, haven't had a chance to play with it yet, switched over to Airborne division to do a daily with the sub machine guns.  Really like this class and guns as well.  The lag hasn't been a huge issue for me, I've not experienced unplayable games like Chew had.  One game Saturday night, I was running at a guy, whose back was to me and I saw him turn slightly to the right (back still to me), shoot and I died and he seemed to teleport spin like 90-120 degrees to where he was facing me.  

And you can kill your teammates like Spring said.  And I've already been involved with a few assholes on there that have killed me first, point blank sometimes, so I've found them and killed them, because I can.  Then it goes back and forth a few times.  Killed two teammates by accident, I was capturing B and in prone, can't remember the map name, but it[s the one where you are out in the snow and B is on that raised rock/cement thing with steps running up both sides and a hill/wall running behind it.  

I had used my scorestreak to get the UAV and while capturing it, saw a red dot approaching the stairs, I started shooting and two of my idiot teammates ran over me in front of me firing and died.  One guy was mic'd up and got all pissed off, telling me payback was coming, etc.  

I wish there were dedicated servers, because we all know that there will be issues, there always is, even though I've been lucky this launch weekend.

Lag is currently unplayable for us.  Really disappointed, because I like the game otherwise.  

I died when I clearly should've won the 1v1.  I watched the killcam, and what he saw was so different from what I saw, I just held the power button on my PS4 controller and shut the console off and walked away LOL.  

Apparently this terrible lag is an enormous issue impacting PS4 (was on the forums earlier), not sure about Xbox and PC. 

This is not the normal lag that we deal with all the time in CoD.  The game is broken.  :(

It's been ages since I played COD.  I think I got one or two of the modern warfare ones but didn't like them.  Never made it to the jet packs or lasers or wall climbing.  The one I really played was COD 2.  When I saw COD WW2 coming back it took me back to when I was in college and during summer football camp and in between two-a-days.  The madness that ensued was amazing.  I still remember some of the maps back then for co-op play.  Matmata, Normandy, Moscow, etc.  Just classic stuff.  I don't even remember if it was online I just remember the 2 v 2 co-op.  

Anyway, I decided I had to get this game and play for fun.  Now I'm certainly past my prime as a gamer but I'm still enjoying it.  I'm bang average I think I'm something like 95 kills 98 deaths and my W/L is roughly even.  I'm at level 15 or 16 I can't remember but even with my mediocrity it brings back positive memories.  The damn M1 Garand and MP-40...national treasures back in COD 2.  It's damn hilarious and enjoyable for me even when I get my head blown off from a sniper across the map.  

The one real gripe I have is getting stunned by my own team's grenades.  What's the deal with that?  Or even their kill streak reward things whatever they're called.  Like an airstrike will stun me for 4 seconds.  I don't remember it usually being this way.

Anyway, having fun.  Little to no lag problems.  My HQ space is always empty though?  I thought there would be others in the HQ with me every time I enter, is this not the case?  And what's the point of supply drops?  All i get are pistol grips and some banner thing.  I got some epic weapon but from what I gather it doesn't make the weapon any more powerful it just makes it look nicer?  Is that the case?

I watched the campaign on YouTube. I’m a weirdo that enjoys game campaigns as much or more than multiplayer. I guess because I’m an anomaly, most shooter games don’t take that as seriously anymore. Same with this one.

I mean look, it’s WW2. It’s well documented. You have a variety of different locations available. Normandy, taking back Europe, Uboat battles at sea, Italy, Africa, the pacific theater. And you can make it historically accurate. I would have bought the game I just described. 

What they did with WW2 was trash. One character in one theater with a blatantly fake story line. Historical accuracy wasn’t even attempted. Sigh...

Almost through the campaign mode (always play the campaign mode first, then hop into online) and played my first couple matches before work this morning.  Which was a terrible idea.  I had to beat the **** out of that little voice saying "just one more..."

It was pretty smooth.  Super cautious though, don't want to get that k/d ratio out of line and then have to play catch up.  

On 11/10/2017 at 8:55 PM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Try hard. 

That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.  :wub:

I pride myself on W/L.  Winning the game is all that matters.  Oh look -- some killstreak camper went 36-5, how cute.  But he lost to me and my squad who barely broke an even 1:1 KD.  Cornball brothers playing domination like it's TDM.  Nah, bruh.  Hold that L.  :headbang:

KD is up to 1.28 and Win/Loss is over 3.5 currently 

Played for about 3 hours last night.  Free for all.  Still getting used to it, had some great kills, had some moments where I'd spawn, take three steps and then get killed.

Still not venturing into Team Deathmatch because people like @youngchew take it seriously and I don't wanna be ****ing up and contributing to a loss.  If it's just FFA, I've got no one to be responsible for but myself.  Love ya chewie but I don't wanna drag your winning percentage down if I have a bad match.

Really liking the weapons though, the incendiary rounds with the shotgun are awesome.  Liking the interface with the sniper rifles and holding the breath, much better and helpful than how it was on modern warfare.  

I'm already getting bored with the game.  War is pretty fun, but it's not hardcore.  They need to go with bigger maps and more players per match, at least one map with 16 vs 16.  And to those that say it would be a Battlefield clone, who cares?  Cause it wouldn't be as long as they offered their core standard game modes/scorestreaks/etc.  

I tried to play some Sunday and kept getting an error message for online play.  

• 2 weeks later...

Double XP weekend if anyone still gives a ****.

Not sure about some of these weapons.  I don't get how my shotgun doesn't kill someone point blank but then I can get someone from halfway across a room.  

On a similar note, not sure how I can snipe people from across a map with my Lee Enfield rifle but when they're charging at me and pretty close a shot won't take them down.  

I haven’t had a chance to play a whole lot but I really like the game.  I’m up to level 33 or so.  I think it’s the most balanced COD in years as far as the weapons and maps are concerned.  Even though there are only like 9 maps, I enjoy them all.  I only play HC domination and I haven’t really experienced the cheesiness that others have mentioned regarding the weapons.

Only thing missing for me is HC kill confirmed.

Update: I'm almost prestige 3.  The servers still suck. Very inconsistent.  The maps suck.  Only a couple I really enjoy playing. Cheating during the War mode is insane.  Aimbots are very common. (easy to see when building the bridge, watch the replay cameras, I've seen guys snipe 4-5 people in a row THROUGH THE SMOKE, literally not being able to see anyone and not missing a shot. STUPID)

I want to love this game but i just can't. It seems that they have dropped the ball on the servers big time and cheating is rampant.  

My biggest beef is with quickscoping. It is way too easy and should not be in the game. COD had it right with Black Ops 1. I am not that good at sniping and I have enough clips to make a quick scoping montage.  Stupid stupid stupid.

Agree, the quickscoping is really, really bad.  So little talent is needed.  At least back in MW2 you had to somewhat aim before quickscoping.  

Other than that, since I've been able to level out my connection by purposely slowing down my internet, the game is much better.  Still some lag, but nothing unplayable like it was at launch.  You can tell within the first minute of the game (usually in your first shootout) how the connection is going to go for that match.  It's too bad that COD still suffers from these types of issues over 10 years later.  

Win/Loss ratio is up over 4.00.  All we do is tryhard, PTFO, and win.  Oh look, you just went 36-5.  That's cute. But we just beat you 200-89 in domination.  :)  

My custom emblem is in yuge letters with a bright blue background "PTFO.  Stop Camping."  :)  

Archived