Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

COD WW2 - Its happening!!!

Springfield

I think, if Activision/Sledgehammer does it right then we will be OK.

Between Infinite Warfare and COD4 Remastered, I preferred IW.  Partly because it was faster, but partly because the "carrot" is more effective in IW.  Between leveling up, leveling guns, leveling whatever faction you use, you're always trying to earn something to improve your character.  In COD4, aside from being slow (which was really not a big deal for me), it took FOREVER to level up.  Kills were so sparse that kill streaks didn't come very often and when they did, they seemed overpowered.  Kills were so sparse that it took several games to go up one level, even at the low levels.  Kills were so sparse that you were stuck with the same guns for hours and hours and days.  It was more than slow in the gameplay aspect (which wasn't a big deal), it was slow in the development of your character.  Going from 40+ kills per game of HCKC or HCDom in IW to 10-15 kills in HCKC on COD4 is a huge problem.

I can get over a game that plays slow.  But if kills come at a snails pace or there isn't enough of a carrot and the game feels like a drag, then it's going to be panned.  We don't need boost packs and wall running or silly perks and kill streaks.  What we do need is a game that plays at a pace where kills can happen quickly and leveling/guns/squads happen at a pace that doesn't make people lose interest because it becomes a grind.

COD4 was so ****ing nuts back in the day, I think people played really really scared this time around.  It's too tactical, you'll get owned if you're used to going about it like you're flying through the cosmos at 3 billion miles per hour, bouncing off planets and dunking on fools like Froggy Fresh.  When it was brand new, your COD ranking and stats were a thing of prestige in person.  Every video gamer was talking about it.  It's the beginning of the entire engine you're so accustomed to knowing, and judging year in and year out.  They SHOULD get it better every year.  Fix ****, instead of adding all these geeky new things.  Damn.

You were GUNNING for it back in the day.  I think I hit at least a 70 kill game on every map.  MAYBE not Bloc.  **** was nuts.  Like I said earlier, you had to be there.

I agree, I was getting like 25 kill games on MWR and being first place.  People were just like, "oh **** no, I ain't going out there in chop-sueyville.  Well back in the dizzle, everyone was DIVING in to chop-sueyville.  ****in' leveling up like you're taking warp zones in Mario Brothers.

Infinite Warfare is ridiculous.  **** that ****.  Can you REALLY say that you want them to expound on that?  Keep going with the kangaroo Bo Jackson Boba Fett ****, or let's go a little more towards the OG goodies that were so AMAZINGLY SUCCESSFUL.  Even BO2 was absolutely insanely popular.  Simple like COD4.  Expanded as hell, but still the gunfights we all know.  From frigging DOOM on the damn 16 bit systems, to Battlefield 1.  I can't tell much of a difference between Golden Eye, Halo, and COD's gunfighting.  Infinite Warfare was just a ridiculous piece of ****.  No.

To be around when MW came out. Those were the days. 

I do kind of resent it just a little bit for basically being the creator of the "omg k/d is all that matters" stat whores and nearly killing objective based gaming. I just don't remember it being so important or talked about before COD4 MW. Oh well, such is the cross it bears for it's brilliance.

Still, just an incredible game. Even the campaign was just legendary with one of the best missions of any game ever, "All Ghillied Up". 

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

To be around when MW came out. Those were the days. 

I do kind of resent it just a little bit for basically being the creator of the "omg k/d is all that matters" stat whores and nearly killing objective based gaming. I just don't remember it being so important or talked about before COD4 MW. Oh well, such is the cross it bears for it's brilliance.

Still, just an incredible game. Even the campaign was just legendary with one of the best missions of any game ever, "All Ghillied Up". 

You couldn't observe anyone's stats unless you were friends with them, or looked them up on the leaderboard section.  I remember your prestige ranking being the most important thing.  You remember how much of a badge of honor that was?  Lol.  It's funny, in retrospect.  That gold cross was what it was all about.  Remember chopping my way in to 5th-9th prestige and getting some bravado.  Ahh, those were the days.

The fights at B will never be understood by the ones who weren't there.  MW2 didn't recreate it, none of them did.  BO1 kinda had the same feel going.  The incentive?  Ranking up.

Winning a tough match, it was a ****ing thrill.

Still a lot of campers, still problems with the game.  But hell, they didn't FIX the problems, they simply changed them.  Every.  Single.  Game.

Oh, and recently?  They've made them worse and worse.  Here's to Infinite Warfare 2!

• 6 months later...

I need to get an external hard drive.  Can't download WWII. System saying I need to clear 17.05 gb from system storage. I have 67.75 gb free space on the system.  ???

Went back and deleted Uncharted Legacy.  My daughter is not gonna like that. Especially since after I deleted it. I noticed that the WWII beta was 17.26 gb. Someone is not happy right now.:hitfan:

10 minutes ago, mark327 said:

I need to get an external hard drive.  Can't download WWII. System saying I need to clear 17.05 gb from system storage. I have 67.75 gb free space on the system.  ???

Went back and deleted Uncharted Legacy.  My daughter is not gonna like that. Especially since after I deleted it. I noticed that the WWII beta was 17.26 gb. Someone is not happy right now.:hitfan:

I'm installing it now and it's 53GB total.  You would think that it would let you install it, but maybe they put in a buffer so you don't max out the space?

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I'm installing it now and it's 53GB total.  You would think that it would let you install it, but maybe they put in a buffer so you don't max out the space?

Yeah, now I gotta wait 119 minutes to finish the download :kickcan:

Archived