Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank You, Pierre Garçon.

LetThePointsSoar

Don't know if this is OK for thread worthiness....but now that it's official that he's going to SF, I think it's deserved to say thanks to a guy that poured his heart in week after week.   The guy was a warrior on the field, one of my favorite Skins, and will be missed. 

Best of luck, just not against us. 

Hail. 

Not sure  these days about believing ANY unconfirmed reports, but I'll go anyway cuz I do like Pierre.

To me he's been a bit like Hall in that I have watched major percentages of this forum do its bipolar dance with these guys over the years wanting to get rid of them with vengeance and then deciding they're great and back and forth. To others like me, there were no questions that both were consistent, solid, and even vital contributors quite often and were worth it.

Especially in Garcon's case. He is like an Art Monk on steroids to me. A tough, high energy warrior type who can be a possession receiver but is still a threat on longer patterns too. He played with fierce commitment and real passion for this team. This current 49er big $$ deal is indeed more than I would pay for him, and stuff about him requesting a trade doesn't bother me at all. I thought for sure we would want to keep him if at all workable $$$ wise given his talent and how clutch he has been for kirk so often---many is the number of times I saw kirk/the offense stall and Pierre make some clutch play to extend a drive.

So if you're gone, Pierre, I'm a fan and wish you the best. I think you gave us your best and it was damn impressive on an often shaky team and for a shaky org., and helped us greatly in achieving what success we've had. If you stay somehow, yay! You're my kind of player. But that seems unlikely so good luck, amigo.

Of the modern generation of Redskins, Pierre is one of my favorites. Played with fire, toughness, and clean. He had technique and did things the right way on and off the field esp with his Haiti work. 

Sad ad to lose him. 

Pierre was awesome.  Helped us from the get go, and had some really good years.  I never questioned his work ethic.  Never question his passion for the game.  I also believe he was vital in the community, and a community entrepreneur!

I wish him best of luck except vs. the skins and in games the 9ers need to lose for us....but I will wear my 88 shirt proudly!

21 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

Thank you for your playoff performance against Seattle and Richard Sherman in 2012.

Thank you for saying the team sucks to the media in 2013.

Thank you for your diva outburst and doing jumping jacks on the field all seasons.

Thank you for subliminal shots on Twitter and to TMZ.

Thank you for playoff performance against Green Bay.

Thank you for requesting a trade after being treated well and receiving no competition for your position for several years.

Thank you for lying and stating that you wanted to return to D.C.

Bitter much? Last I saw, this is a thread to THANK garçon, not trash the guy. We don't need negativity 

Archived