Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank You, Pierre Garçon.

LetThePointsSoar

Can we stop it with the negative posts? Come on....if you're not going to thank garcon, don't bother coming in here. Please and thank you.

thank you garçon for the tough catches, for the game winning TD against Philly in the 2015 season, for the 100 receptions in 2013. Thank you :D 

see how easy it is?

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Can we stop it with the negative posts? Come on....if you're not going to thank garcon, don't bother coming in here. Please and thank you.

thank you garçon for the tough catches, for the game winning TD against Philly in the 2015 season, for the 100 receptions in 2013. Thank you :D 

see how easy it is?

I seriously doubt Pierre is coming in here to read all of these posts

4 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

I seriously doubt Pierre is coming in here to read all of these posts

Noooooo, really? Coulda sworn he was :P actually, I believe he's out partying on the beach in San Fran right now as I type this, to celebrate the $16M. I'm pretty jealous ?

my point is, there is no need for negativity. Nobody has to post a thank you in here, but this is a thank you thread for a reason :) 

Thanks for all you did for the team, Pierre. Great work ethic, great hands, and always showed up to play.

I was hoping we'd be able to keep him, but if the 49ers are willing to pay him $16M in the first year, that's obviously something we weren't going to do.

Good luck Garcon!

Wow we are losing our 2 best receivers in a single off season.  And we may even lose our QB too....all in the SAME ****ING OFF-SEASON.  Omg this organization is beyond words at this point....it's being run by a bunch of buffoons who do not have vision or long terms plans.  They do not account for projections or anything like this.  At least one receiver should have been signed.....OMFG.

8 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Wow we are losing our 2 best receivers in a single off season.  And we may even lose our QB too....all in the SAME ****ING OFF-SEASON.  Omg this organization is beyond words at this point....it's being run by a bunch of buffoons who do not have vision or long terms plans.  They do not account for projections or anything like this.  At least one receiver should have been signed.....OMFG.

It's been pretty clear all offseason so far that we were going to be losing both receivers. As others have pointed out, anyone who thought we would be able to keep either one was just dreaming. Garcon didn't want to be here. Simple as that. And desean wants more money than we would be willing to offer, with the contract that we SHOULD give to cousins (if he ever gets his head out of his ***), and with the money we will probably have to spend to fix our defense. 

Keeping garcon and DJAX was a pipe dream. 

18 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Uh what do you call drafting Crowder and Doctson? I'd call that long term planning. It is no surprise that both Garcon and Jackson were free agents this year and it is also no surprise that we are not going to pay them, especially Garcon, 16 million a year. If San Francisco wants to be stupid, let them.

As for Cousins, I'm convinced that what has thrown a monkey wrench into this offseason was that both former coordinators unexpectedly got head coaching jobs this year. The Skins last year wanted Cousins to prove it again and they'd pay him. What they didn't anticipate was the Falcons blowing up like they did and thus Shanny Jr. getting a HC gig and then even more of a shock, McVay getting a HC job. All of a sudden Cousins had attractive alternatives to staying in Jay's system.

14 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Thank you for fleecing Kyle. Now play well so we can get that 3rd round compensatory pick.

Him playing well does not go into getting a comp pick. 

Once he signs he goes into the "equation" of players gained vs players lost.  If they sign a player to a similar contract, consider the 3rd round pick gone.  ex:  Calais Campbell.

Doctson....the guy who was injured all year last year....has really no experience in the NFL.  and on top of that,  they really have no idea what's wrong with him.  You are willing to risk your future on this?   1 can understand one receiver going bit NOT both.  Garcon said he wanted to be here if Cousins was the QB...I heard him say this himself on NFL network.  Anyway you slice it, this was very, VERY ****ty planning by our FO.  They should have offered Garcons an extension last year.  But whatever.  

14 minutes ago, srtman04 said:
Doctson....the guy who was injured all year last year....has really no experience in the NFL.  and on top of that,  they really have no idea what's wrong with him.  You are willing to risk your future on this?   1 can understand one receiver going bit NOT both.  Garcon said he wanted to be here if Cousins was the QB...I heard him say this himself on NFL network.  Anyway you slice it, this was very, VERY ****ty planning by our FO.  They should have offered Garcons an extension last year.  But whatever.  

Are you saying we should have paid the $16 Mil price tag? I'm sorry, that's just crazy.

The good franchises let expensive vets go and rinse and reload with young talent all the time.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Are you saying we should have paid the $16 Mil price tag? I'm sorry, that's just crazy.

The good franchises let expensive vets go and rinse and reload with young talent all the time.

Was he asking for that last year?  We don't know,  unless you have some inside source.  How do you know we even approached him last year?

Archived