Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

24 minutes ago, mcgraw238 said:

If this is the case, then the team has been placed in a tough spot. They could have handled it better, but tough spot nonetheless. The task should have been (if it wasn't) doing damage control behind the scenes so that agents, players, reps, etc. new what was going on, yet done in a way where any disclosure laws were not violated. My hope would be that they seek out a GM candidate similarly devoted to scouting and development and building through the draft and let that individual build up the scouting department.

Thing is. They put themselves in that "tough spot". SM's history was well known before they signed him.

43 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I dont see how being a drunk effects his job personally. The owner of the Colts is a full on drug addict. Unless Scott was showing up Drunk to meetings and totally ****ing up, I dont see how it really matters at all. There are such things as a functional alcoholic and as long as ours was bringing in talent (he was) then whats the big ****ing deal? 

Drunk, and pill popper ! But also was driving!!!! Like are you blank kidding me!!!!! He should have been kicked out of the league for that stunt. So dangerous in many ways to whomever is on the road!

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I wonder if we're ever going to get the full story on SM.  I've posted it before, it's either:

1. His personal demons surfaced, the team has no option but to move on, but they're trying to save him from some embarrassment. 

2. He just disagrees at a fundamental level with the way Allen and Gruden want to build the team, and thus they have to move on because that's never going to work.  And Allen gets to win because he's the President.

I can dig it, both make some sense, albeit not without some logic gaps that would otherwise disqualify it were we not talking about this franchise. 

1. No part of this is saving him from embarrassment, it's just adding to it and making it worse.  

2. Wouldn't the team building philosophy be the first thing you would discuss and come to an understanding on when hiring him?  How are you miles apart just 2 years in?  And then it begs the question of what part of Scot's plan do they have a problem with?  I suspect Gruden's subtle/not so subtle dig at the two 1st round picks he got handed was telling.  And then Scot's reluctance to fully enbrace the QB.

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

As soon as Scot went on the record with reporters regarding his grandmother when he was asked to be silent and his wife going back on twitter defending him, there was no going back at that point. His wife pulled an amateur hour Zorn move.

Why be mad about something like showing the rings though? That seems awfully petty. 

15 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Thing is. They put themselves in that "tough spot". SM's history was well known before they signed him.

They could have had a plan incase the worst happens. Actually, in hindsight they should have. 

But this also could have been handled way way better. Like adults, even. 

Just now, Llevron said:

Why be mad about something like showing the rings though? That seems awfully petty. 

It's a passive aggressive move telling his employers publicly that he is more qualified than they are. Even if that is the case, it is bad form to do it in public. Do an anonymous leak like everyone else in the building.

Just now, justice98 said:

I dont think following him around taking pics is particularly useful.  Unless he's toting a bottle of Jack or walking out of a liquor store, there's no news value in him just standing around.  Not like we need proof of life.

I can say for a fact that eating Doritos is a sign of intoxication. Atleast it was when I was in my 20's. 

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

I dont think following him around taking pics is particularly useful.  Unless he's toting a bottle of Jack or walking out of a liquor store, there's no news value in him just standing around.  Not like we need proof of life.

Yeah taking pictures of the poor guy is downright creepy.

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was able to see up close Scot's thoughts about Jay and he loves the dude.  I really doubt this is a philosophical parting between Jay and Scot.  Scot even told me that Jay really helps him do his job because he has great evaluation skills in his own right.  Beyond that, I have been listening to just about every beat reporter talk about this and not one mentioned any issues between Jay and Scot.  They all hint at Scot and Bruce issues coupled with Scot's personal issues from the past resurfacing.   Chad Dukes mentioned he's heard that have been some wild incidents at Redskins Park but he stopped from giving specifics.  To Jumbo's post coupled with Dukes' mention (and I am guessing here) if those personal issues are in play they can magnify problems, make them louder and make them much more difficult to manage.

I am hoping it all works out.  But it doesn't look good at this moment.

You can really like somebody and develop a really big difference of opinion.  I'm also not saying it's only Gruden and Scot.  It could be Allen and Scot.  It could be Dan and Scott.  And again, not necessarily dislike personally, but complete disagreement on what the right thing to do is now. 

Hell, Scot could still be aggrivated that they forced the 5th year RGIII option on him, now they're screwing with what he believes is the right thing to do with Kirk/team, and the whole thing just sortof falls apart. 

7 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

I think you think that word means something other than it does...

You just blew a perfoct Princess Bride quote opportunity.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."  Totally set up, complete blown. -10 points.

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

As soon as Scot went on the record with reporters regarding his grandmother when he was asked to be silent and his wife going back on twitter defending him, there was no going back at that point. His wife pulled an amateur hour Zorn move.

What is up with the SB rings and his wife?  I missed that.  Not that it matters.  His wife seems to be trouble. 

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I can dig it, both make some sense, albeit not without some logic gaps that would otherwise disqualify it were we not talking about this franchise. 

1. No part of this is saving him from embarrassment, it's just adding to it and making it worse.  

2. Wouldn't the team building philosophy be the first thing you would discuss and come to an understanding on when hiring him?  How are you miles apart just 2 years in?  And then it begs the question of what part of Scot's plan do they have a problem with?  I suspect Gruden's subtle/not so subtle dig at the two 1st round picks he got handed was telling.  And then his reluctance to fully enbrace the QB.

1. I agree. I think what they were hoping (which is stupid) is that SM not being present would fly somewhat under the radar, and if they just poo-pooed the story by saying ti was personal matters and he'll be back, people would back off.  Didn't work.  Now they have a mess.

2.  You'd think.  I think a lot of it has to do with the way you build a team.  He likes hard, tough-nose, run-first football teams that can win with a variety of QBs.  Gruden is not the coach for that.  He might have a problem committing 15% of cap to a QB he thinks is capable but not great.  Allen might not.  Dan might certainly not. 

You never know your wife until you've been married for a while. (Reverse is clearly true also).  That's why you see a lot of marriages end in divorce.  They all start out with love, flowers, and all kinds of other newlywed benefits, but 41% of first marriages end in divorce.  Same is true with business relationships.  You talk about a bunch of stuff up front, but you never really know until you've been working together for a while. 

12 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I get what you and a couple others are saying on this topic. Not here to debate about people's views and experiences on grieving and loss, as it's all relevant and valid to each individual.

But...come on. This is so clearly not about the passing of a grandmother anymore, and may never have been. Our GM is MIA and the team is doing nothing to stop rampant speculation about it, with national stories ranging from Scot's drinking problem to a nasty power struggle in our FO. Something is clearly going on that has nothing to do with mourning a loved one.

Oh, I doubt it has to do with grieving over his grandmothers passing.  I would put odds on that being the case at about 10%.  But im not going to stand for someone to belittle peoples relationships, the devastation of death, and belittle people that are have more emotional personalities.  Im not very emotional myself, but Im not so naive as to think everyone is that way.

SILVER LINING....

Do we really know how influential Scott has been over personnel during his time here?

If you go transaction by transaction, how much of that decision is based on Scott's input, Bruce's, Jay's, Danny, Doug, etc.? I'm fairly certain that personnel decisions have been a hodge-podge of decision makers coming to an agreement since Scott was brought on.

If we're going full optimist here, maybe the organization will stay the course and continue improving. I'm stretching to find the silver lining and this is all I've got. 

If Kirk goes elsewhere, then forget everything I've said about silver linings and hope because this franchise will then be permanently doomed to fail.

34 minutes ago, SkinInsite said:

<Scot Pic>

Dude seems to have a limited wardrobe  

Some people need to get a life and leave the guy alone. And then, there's Deadspin...right up there with their Cheif Zee obituary...I'm not going to post the tweet. Disgusting behavior.

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You just blew a perfoct Princess Bride quote opportunity.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."  Totally set up, complete blown. -10 points.

That's what I was thinking of at the time...just couldn't figure out the right words (and too lazy to google it)...but I did blow it <--- your turn ;)

Archived