Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

1 hour ago, tshile said:

He is working. He's talking to agents and reviewing film. This is from him, the organization , and agents of players not on the team (yet.)

He just wasn't at the combine and isn't at the park.

You're paying attention and following the story, right?

1 hour ago, tshile said:

If only they had a front office and staff the included more than this one person.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

But you're not.

But you'll believe a Chris russell 'report'?

(That he later retracted)

Mrs. McCloughan, you already made a new Twitter account. Are you sure you want to start arguing with people on message boards, too?

I haven't read to many opinions on the picture of Scot walking the dog (if that's him/if its recent). But for added speculation, lets play along with the photo being legit and current.

Does anyone find it eerie that he is wearing head to toe Redskins garb if he knows the end is near? I mean If I was being let go from an organization (even if it was my own fault) I don't think I would be sending a message like that. Maybe there is some deeper psychology to the outfit? Maybe its Scot's way of telling the public "I was all in- I'm still all in- Its not me- it's them".

Also his wife posting the images of the Superbowl rings. Was this a taunt to current Redskins front office? Was it a underhanded way to market her husband for future opportunities?

I personally am still holding onto the hope that Redskins brass are keeping his seat warm and supporting him through a relapse/disparaging time in his life. I'm hoping that Scot is still in on decisions and at some point this will become an awkward memory from the eyes of a sturdy future.

Not sure I'm up on whatever this picture of him walking the dog is that you're talking about. You mean like a paparazzi shot from his current, uh, team-mandated house arrest? (joke, people)

It's possible it's current, but seems more likely to me that someone would have just grabbed a photo of him in Skins gear to go along with whatever article it was you read. But who knows.

46 minutes ago, Hubbs said:

Mrs. McCloughan, you already made a new Twitter account. Are you sure you want to start arguing with people on message boards, too?

With all the accounts Vinny and Chris Russell have around here I supposed it would be fair game.

16 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is not true. 

OK allow me to clarify:

Sheehan asked if McCloughan, who will meet the team’s scouts leading up to the East-West Shrine Bowl and the Senior Bowl over the next two weeks, will have the final call on who is the Redskins coach going forward.

“No, no,” Allen said. “That’s a Redskin decision, but we’re not thinking about that.”

~Jan 12 2015

On how Allen’s role will change:

ALLEN: “Well, my new role is my old role and I’m the President of the football team. I’m responsible for everyone with the Redskins and it’s my job to help improve this franchise and do everything I can to help everyone here be successful.”

On his involvement in the search for a new defensive coordinator:

McCLOUGHAN: “It’s Jay’s call. The head coach hires the coaches. If he needs a sounding board at all, I’ll be there, but the head coach hires his coaches. They work for him.”

From Scot's intro presser. Yes they said he had final say over the roster, but it was clear that Allen remained the President, that McC did not have final say over the staff, and that a lot of these decisions would be "by committee".

If he's relapsed I am fine with the club giving him support in that and saying get better and come back to work. As I've said before though the PR is abysmal. They send out mixed messages and don't deal quickly with speculation. Too many people are leaking different things which means everybody is on different messages within the club as well. 

It needs addressed very quickly.

Just a question regarding Gruden, do you all think he would have signed a new contract for 2 more years if he new it looked like he would have to start again from scratch, he could lose Cousins and his main offensive play makers. Could this mean it's all rumours and Cousins is signing a LTD. 

HTTR 

47 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Just a question regarding Gruden, do you all think he would have signed a new contract for 2 more years if he new it looked like he would have to start again from scratch, he could lose Cousins and his main offensive play makers. Could this mean it's all rumours and Cousins is signing a LTD. 

HTTR 

They may all be making the (usually) fatal mistake of "scheme over players" that often occurs just before an epic collapse.

Where the belief in one's schemes becomes so strong they get delusional and forget how important the players are to everything. 

I like Jay. I think his scheme is awesome. I think he's way smarter than people give him credit for and has been as significant to the progress of this team as Scot.

But this is where coaches often go wrong and it's vital that a sound FO keeps that from happening. This is what they failed at in 2014 when they first hired him and subsequently corrected the next year. He understood it then and I hope he does now. 

Unless we really do have one of the historically greatest coaches in Gruden, then this way of thinking is going to mean disaster. Even for historically great coaches it often means disaster. 

If that's what they're thinking, of course. I certainly hope not. 

31 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

They may all be making the (usually) fatal mistake of "scheme over players" that often occurs just before an epic collapse.

Where the belief in one's schemes becomes so strong they get delusional and forget how important the players are to everything. 

I like Jay. I think his scheme is awesome. I think he's way smarter than people give him credit for and has been as significant to the progress of this team as Scot.

But this is where coaches often go wrong and it's vital that a sound FO keeps that from happening. This is what they failed at in 2014 when they first hired him and subsequently corrected the next year. He understood it then and I hope he does now. 

Unless we really do have one of the historically greatest coaches in Gruden, then this way of thinking is going to mean disaster. Even for historically great coaches it often means disaster. 

If that's what they're thinking, of course. I certainly hope not. 

In your opinion, Cousins LTD other traded?

HTTR 

If Bruce's last name were Smith or Jones, he'd still be an agent (and without many clients), unless of course his dad happened to be Dean or KC. His legacy name, not any demonstrated competence, gives him sway with the owner. It's absurd. A lot of people on here might not like M. Shanahan, but I'm sure he can relate to the kinds of behind-the-scenes machinations Allen helped to orchestrate against him. I have never had any respect for Bruce, and it has also diminished for Cooley in a significant way because he obviously planted that "maybe he's drinking again" notion at the behest of Allen.

1 hour ago, skinzplay said:

If Bruce's last name were Smith or Jones, he'd still be an agent (and without many clients), unless of course his dad happened to be Dean or KC. His legacy name, not any demonstrated competence, gives him sway with the owner. It's absurd. A lot of people on here might not like M. Shanahan, but I'm sure he can relate to the kinds of behind-the-scenes machinations Allen helped to orchestrate against him. I have never had any respect for Bruce, and it has also diminished for Cooley in a significant way because he obviously planted that "maybe he's drinking again" notion at the behest of Allen.

You my friend, have obviously never been to harvest fest.

Seriously though, about Cooley. That is why you lost respect? Not when he put his dick on social media or when he admitted to half assing his entire career?

But now, when he suggested an alcoholic who never stopped drinking, was drinking?

25 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You my friend, have obviously never been to harvest fest.

Seriously though, about Cooley. That is why you lost respect? Not when he put his dick on social media or when he admitted to half assing his entire career?

But now, when he suggested an alcoholic who never stopped drinking, was drinking?

Absolutely, that photo thing was extreeeemely weird. I think he's irresponsible, always have. Mentally, he was living in the frat house too long. I do respect him for his football knowledge; the dude is sharp as hell. But that's where the respect ends.

3 hours ago, markmills67 said:

HTTR 

Yes, head coaching jobs and the corresponding compensation are hard to come by.  He's not thumbing his nose at an extension because he has to work a little harder.

Missing the "start" of free agency, which officially happens tomorrow,  is no big deal in my mind.

the Redskins have been on record as to not be pursuing top level free agents this year anyway, and those are the phones ringing right now.

Besides, unless i am wrong, Scot is much more in tune with the draft and college scouting anyway.

Last week's absence was more troubling.. but this week.. I put nothing on the "first day of free agency" business.

Besides, in listening to a couple comments from players, Scot isn't who deals with them anyway, it's Alex Santos on the phone.

~Bang

32 minutes ago, Bang said:

Missing the "start" of free agency, which officially happens tomorrow,  is no big deal in my mind.

the Redskins have been on record as to not be pursuing top level free agents this year anyway, and those are the phones ringing right now.

Besides, unless i am wrong, Scot is much more in tune with the draft and college scouting anyway.

Last week's absence was more troubling.. but this week.. I put nothing on the "first day of free agency" business.

Besides, in listening to a couple comments from players, Scot isn't who deals with them anyway, it's Alex Santos on the phone.

~Bang

While I'm sure you're correct regarding all of those details it's still deflating to me as a fan that the person that we were told is the GM of the team is essentially not involved.  It's troubling and it sucks.  If things were running the way they should (solid NFL franchise) he should be there.

I bought into the fact that Scot was the GM and had all the power that goes along with that.  I know we still don't know the real story behind this mess, but, I don't know if we're being played or if Scot truly has a terrible problem that does not allow him to do his job at highest level possible.  Anyway you slice it,....it still sucks.

What would truly suck is if we go through all of this bull**** and still end up losing our franchise QB.

If Scot is out, it sure would look to me that they are paving the way and rolling out the red carpet for Kirk.. extended his coach, got rid of the (possible) guy in the building who didn't believe in him.. 

I can only hope that is the silver lining. Of all things i have wanted for this team, i want Cousins as our starter for more than another year.

~Bang

Archived