Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

20 minutes ago, SlkyCaramel said:

Posts like this are why this board has become ridiculous. You don't get to tell people how they should grieve a family member that you have no idea what their relationship with them was like and FYI, Bill Belichick also missed the start of free agency for no reason than he wanted to. He's nowhere near Foxboro, he's actually just chilling in Tennessee and yet nobody has had a single fit about it anywhere. 

At least Bill was the combine.

Besides, New England essentially could have FA it wants. They have earned the right and just about any free agent would kill to go there providing they are reasonably compensated. New England's pitch is basically, "We're as successful a franchise over the last 15 years as there has ever been."

Washington has earned nothing. They need to do a lot more selling and convincing to compensate for the complete lack of stability in that entire organization. Bill and director of player personnel have been there almost 20 years each. 

Frankly if you're trying to sell your organization as a well-run, tight-knit unit, then at least make it appear that it is by having your management prioritize the team. Sounds cold but frankly, If I was a FA looking to win, I absolutely would not want to come to this franchise. 

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

None of those issues would preclude him from working a month after her death.

Yep Its not an excuse anyway even if those scenarios are true. That's life. You gotta deal with it and you also have to go to work while you deal with it. Can't just take a month off in the busiest and most important period of your entire profession.

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

None of those issues would preclude him from working a month after her death.

He is working. He's talking to agents and reviewing film. This is from him, the organization , and agents of players not on the team (yet.)

He just wasn't at the combine and isn't at the park.

You're paying attention and following the story, right?

Well, the stage belongs to Allen. That for much is certain.

So, if he wanted Cousins' deal to be done yesterday, there ain't a person in that building, I guess aside from Snyder, who could stop him. 

If McC was the one who had reservations on Cousins' valuation, he ain't there right now. 

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Washington has earned nothing. They need to do a lot more selling and convincing to compensate for the complete lack of stability in that entire organization. Bill and director of player personnel have been there almost 20 years each. 

If only they had a front office and staff the included more than this one person.

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

He is working. He's talking to agents and reviewing film. This is from him, the organization , and agents of players not on the team (yet.)

He just wasn't at the combine and isn't at the park.

You're paying attention and following the story, right?

And if i'm a player, most of who are on social media, i'm paying real close attention to the absurdity of the situation and at this point, without anything productive actually happening, I'm not believing anything that anyone tells me from the Redskins organization. 

Just now, PartyPosse said:

And if i'm a player

But you're not.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

I'm not believing anything that anyone tells me from the Redskins organization. 

But you'll believe a Chris russell 'report'?

(That he later retracted)

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

If only they had a front office and staff the included more than this one person.

who, NE? Why would they? They've had a solid template in terms of success and that begins with coaching. The coaching staff they've put together consistently is essentially a dream team. Everyone in NE has a bigger ego than Allen but they understand that they would rather boast about winning as a team than taking individual credit for a player's success. 

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

But you're not.

But you'll believe a Chris russell 'report'?

(That he later retracted)

Which report? About Scot being sent home on the 20th?

We differ from players in that we live, eat, breathe Redskins so we have all the time in the world to get the scoop. Players don't. They have 30+ teams to keep track of and I guarantee they don't keep each under as intense scrutiny as we do. Frankly, Russell's poor journalism may leave just enough of a bad taste in a prospective Free Agent's mouth to move on to another suitor. Most of the prospective FA we want to bring in will have no shortage of offers. 

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Obviously you're not. Buying the grandmother story is another level of kool aid drinking. 

There's more than 2 possibilities.

I need something more that Chris russell ranting late at night on the radio and a bunch of people on ES claiming a death in the family is a 2 week ordeal.

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

the part I quoted was about Washington, was it not?

Edit: I see I accidently included the line about bellichek.

I was referring to the redskins...

Do we even know who is in charge? Do we even know who is even employed? What's Doug Williams' role? 

It's downright scary that at this point we have absolutely no idea the actual job description of anyone in our FO. 

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Do we even know who is in charge? Do we even know who is even employed? What's Doug Williams' role? 

It's downright scary that at this point we have absolutely no idea the actual job description of anyone in our FO. 

This is theatrics.

2 minutes ago, I Love The Skins said:

I'think the agents of the FAs that the Skins want have been told what is going on.Ii wouldn't make too mcuh of the fan fiction about the supposed drama.

"supposed drama"? 

Whatever you think is going on, there is obviously drama. The team is doing nothing to mitigate it, which is at least half the problem. 

But anyone who doesn't think anything is going on at all? Is clearly delusional.

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

"supposed drama"? 

Whatever you think is going on, there is obviously drama. The team is doing nothing to mitigate it, which is at least half the problem. 

But anyone who doesn't think anything is going on at all? Is clearly delusional.

Something is going on but I'm not playing the guessing game or jumping to conclusions. I'm waiting to see how this plays out.

2 hours ago, DM72 said:

The more I read the more I think SM was just a figurehead to appease the fans.

There's no way I can buy this.

Scot isn't some weak, easily subjugated character. There's no way all of the reports from the same guys in the media about his role with personnel, all the things he's said publicly about the decisions he made, and how involved he's always been with the coaching staff and players these past two years was just a show. 

The change in the dynamics/roles within this FO has been recent. These reports of this shifting dynamic have been recent (followed by Scot missing the combine/not being at Redskins Park), outside of maybe Brewer's one piece at some point late in this season that he seemingly backed off from after. 

It sucks, but it's going too far to assume it was all a show the last two years and they just lucked into solid enough play to win more than not, all the while faking this whole ordeal and nobody noticing until recently. 

I believe the structure was as was stated before. Allen was more on the contract side of things with Schaffer, but largely fulfilled what Scot wanted who had final say on personnel but worked very closely with Jay and his staff on that.

Now the question is, for me, how much did he and Allen butt heads on contract stuff, specifically with Kirk, if at all? If so, did that start to filter into other things as time went on? Did that aid in whatever happened recently with Scot personally or is that just on him? 

We might never know those answers. But the reason this hurts to even hear about is BECAUSE of the progress that's been made. I'm not going to revise our recent history how. :/

1 minute ago, I Love The Skins said:

Something is going on but I'm not playing the guessing game or jumping to conclusions. I'm waiting to see how this plays out.

I respect that. But this is a message board and there's nothing to talk about if we don't talk about it, and it's kind of a big deal. So some posters calling anyone who is worried about it a "chicken little" doesn't really make much sense.

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Being the GM of a NFL franchise comes responsibilities. Not doing your job over a natural event that occurred 20 years after the average life expectancy is not reasonable. If he is so devastated that he is unable to work after a month, there is an issue.

I have no doubt that you see it as an issue that someone would really love their grandmother.

3 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I have no doubt that you see it as an issue that someone would really love their grandmother.

I get what you and a couple others are saying on this topic. Not here to debate about people's views and experiences on grieving and loss, as it's all relevant and valid to each individual.

But...come on. This is so clearly not about the passing of a grandmother anymore, and may never have been. Our GM is MIA and the team is doing nothing to stop rampant speculation about it, with national stories ranging from Scot's drinking problem to a nasty power struggle in our FO. Something is clearly going on that has nothing to do with mourning a loved one.

Archived