Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

18 minutes ago, Bang said:

Besides, in listening to a couple comments from players, Scot isn't who deals with them anyway, it's Alex Santos on the phone.

~Bang

Wait what ? We have other people in the FO who are capable of handling FO duties - Who would have thought? 

Apparently not the press who apparently seem to think this is the good Ship Scott McGloughlan - They have manufactured a story about a power struggle - where in fact Allen always has been the chief decision maker (as team president)  form the start

Allen (despite what people think) is an accomplished football guy and becalmed the great Al Davis - for goodness sake - and for those who thought he conspired against Shanahan made me spit take - Anyone who had been paying attention in Denver knew Mike Shanahan to be something of a snake - He used his pet press outlets (Adam Schaffer) to undermine players and the FO in Denver on a routine basis. In 2013 he was practically begging to be fired but was not walking away from the balance of his contract - Shanahan was out of football for reasons other than his self imposed 'sabatical' - prior to the Redskins picking him off the scrap heap -  as he is now ..    

It is interesting the press want to paint the Skins as a firestorm - but the 49ers - who have hire a first time HC- no QB and a GM who has NEVER held a front office position in his life - and are run by Jed York - are some kind of bastion of stability 

lol.. who'da thunk it? The Director of Pro Personnel..   deals with the pro personnel.

It's a dysfunctional madhouse!

~Bang

Just now, Monk4thaHALL said:

I would have signed that one Bong, personally. :)

- Borg

:ols: I'm much more optimistic in my wake and bake phase of the day

~Bong

4 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

I don't know why, but the photo just makes me laugh out loud. 

It feels like a Costanza move. 

Maybe it's an early festivus present? 

All kidding aside, I really hope Scott is doing good and in charge! 

40 minutes ago, Bang said:

Missing the "start" of free agency, which officially happens tomorrow,  is no big deal in my mind.

the Redskins have been on record as to not be pursuing top level free agents this year anyway, and those are the phones ringing right now.

Besides, unless i am wrong, Scot is much more in tune with the draft and college scouting anyway.

Last week's absence was more troubling.. but this week.. I put nothing on the "first day of free agency" business.

Besides, in listening to a couple comments from players, Scot isn't who deals with them anyway, it's Alex Santos on the phone.

~Bang

I post this here because I think it's relevant to the Scot/FO discussion. It's also in the FA tracker.

It's been announced that Vernon Davis has been resigned. I am sure people will find more things wrong with this than positive. But since Davis was a Scot guy, it's encouraging to me that whatever is going on with Scot that one of the players he has a history with wants to stay here. After the year he had last year, he could have gone to other teams.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000791290/article/vernon-davis-resigns-with-washington-redskins?campaign=Twitter_atn

5 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Just a question regarding Gruden, do you all think he would have signed a new contract for 2 more years if he new it looked like he would have to start again from scratch, he could lose Cousins and his main offensive play makers. Could this mean it's all rumours and Cousins is signing a LTD. 

HTTR 

Gruden would have signed an extension if he thought it might sway Cousins.  And it might.  Why would Cousins have signed a LTD with a HC on a short leash?

Oh and I heard Richard Simmons' housekeeper has Scot.  Not confirmed.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Re-signing Vernon Davis is the first piece of good news we've received in a long time.  It's not really moving the meter for me on what that means for Scotts place in the organization though.

I agree...I think folks are grasping if they think the signing is some sort of sign that there's a possibility that Scot may be back in the fold.  Davis was EXCELLENT for the Skins last year...he deserves to be back. 

19 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

I agree...I think folks are grasping if they think the signing is some sort of sign that there's a possibility that Scot may be back in the fold.  Davis was EXCELLENT for the Skins last year...he deserves to be back. 

I agree he should be back, but if rumours of  $15m 3 year deal is true and with plenty of good TE's in the draft maybe not a good idea, doesn't make any sense spending this much if your trading Cousins.

HTTR 

34 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

I didn't take it as people thinking Scot would be back in the fold (unless I missed some posts), but rather that even if there turns out to be some turmoil between Scot and Allen/Jay, a player with strong connections to Scot still wants to stay here and thinks positively about Bruce Allen.

15m seems a bit much considering Reed is in the building.

"Seems" being the operative word.  No idea how it's written up.
But overall i do like the signing,, rewarding players who earn their keep is good. Continuity is key. 

Now lets get Kirk in.

~Bang

Holy ****...Sheehan is sounding incredibly level-headed right now lol :ols:...He's strongly acknowledging that the whole Scot drama may not be a sign of dysfunction in the Skins' front office, but a sign of compassion...that this can all play out in too many different ways if you just think about it, and that there may be reasons why the Skins can't comment on Scot other than in general terms. This is bizarre.

Davis will be even more important this year. Another year another concussion for Reed, likely.

Now that he has worked in the system a bit he will be more effective(assuming Cousins is still here) and hopefully Paul can help take some reps to keep Davis fresh(er) during the late season.

10 minutes ago, Bang said:

15m seems a bit much considering Reed is in the building.

"Seems" being the operative word.  No idea how it's written up.
But overall i do like the signing,, rewarding players who earn their keep is good. Continuity is key. 

Now lets get Kirk in.

~Bang

You think there's any chance Paul and Reed get used more like WRs this season with Davis being the primary TE? Kinda like a backup plan of sorts if they can't get any other decent WR and Doctson still isn't contributing?

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Holy ****...Sheehan is sounding incredibly level-headed right now lol :ols:...He's strongly acknowledging that the whole Scot drama may not be a sign of dysfunction in the Skins' front office, but a sign of compassion...that this can all play out in too many different ways if you just think about it, and that there may be reasons why the Skins can't comment on Scot other than in general terms. This is bizarre.

This is totally possible. What doesn't make sense about it, though, is that just sending the guy home without actively helping him get into rehab or getting him to work on his problems is not going to help him - or the team - much if at all. 

If he's legitimately having problems, admitting it and getting help, public be damned, would be the best thing he could possibly do, and the best thing the team could do would be to direct him down that course, not just tell him to get lost for awhile. 

If he's dumped right after the draft, we'll pretty much know the deal. 

3 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

This is totally possible. What doesn't make sense about it, though, is that just sending the guy home without actively helping him get into rehab or getting him to work on his problems is not going to help him - or the team - much if at all. 

If he's legitimately having problems, admitting it and getting help, public be damned, would be the best thing he could possibly do, and the best thing the team could do would be to direct him down that course, not just tell him to get lost for awhile. 

You have no clue if they are helping him or not. And frankly, that is none of our business. Also, Federal laws strictly prohibit the team from commenting on someone's medical situation. 

And your advice is about as bad as it gets for dealing with addicts. 

4 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I completely disagree.  

First, both of the involved, in-the-know parties have denied the Redskins "sent him home."  They did, however, give him time to deal with whatever he is dealing with (still nothing confirmed, all reports are based on speculation).  IF this has anything to do with him drinking, the Redskins did help him by allowing him to take a leave of absence and do what needs to be done (there is no evidence to confirm or deny that he has been in rehab or working with a counselor during this time, so we don't know).  They also helped him by keeping his personal business out of the news as much as possible.  Which, leads me to my next point:

Second, the only people that Scot has to admit anything to in order to get help is his family, his employer (just for the sake of getting the time he needs) and, most importantly, himself.  The public has absolutely ZERO right to know any of this.  Idiot fans and so called journalists may think that they do due to the ****ization of rights, common courtesy, and journalism that have taken place in the society we currently live in, but it really is none of the public's, including the fans', business.  This is a private matter and should be handled privately.  

31 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I didn't take it as people thinking Scot would be back in the fold (unless I missed some posts), but rather that even if there turns out to be some turmoil between Scot and Allen/Jay, a player with strong connections to Scot still wants to stay here and thinks positively about Bruce Allen.

Or he might know he wouldn't get 15m anywhere else....

All in all, I'm just curious about the delay with firing Scot.  Why hasn't it been done already, so why drag things on if the org. knows the end result? 

That being said, how funny would it be if Scot is back in the fold and if Kirk signs a LTD?  LOL.  Just to see the egg on the media's faces, I would love for those two things to happen. 

28 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Which is why there is a part of me that things that Scot being fired isn't a foregone conclusion.  The team could be in his corner and helping him get through or seek help for his problems.  There is a lot of speculation from the media that has snowballed in to the "Redskins being incompetent again hahahaha," when the truth of the matter is, no one really knows what's going on behind the scenes. 

1 minute ago, RonArtest15 said:

Or he might know he wouldn't get 15m anywhere else....

All in all, I'm just curious about the delay with firing Scot.  Why hasn't it been done already, so why drag things on if the org. knows the end result? 

That being said, how funny would it be if Scot is back in the fold and if Kirk signs a LTD?  LOL.  Just to see the egg on the media's faces, I would love for those two things to happen. 

They'll just say the Skins did it to quiet the noise, and are a dysfunctional mess because they've now tied themselves to two people they clearly don't want

29 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

I completely disagree.  

First, both of the involved, in-the-know parties have denied the Redskins "sent him home."  They did, however, give him time to deal with whatever he is dealing with (still nothing confirmed, all reports are based on speculation). 

The death of his grandmother story isn't speculation, just to be accurate. Scot himself said this (or texted it, I guess) as something he's dealing with while away. I feel like he wasn't supposed to say anything and let the team handle giving the reasons to the media when they felt it needed, but Scot jumped the gun and said that, leaving the team to play catch-up...

44 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

That's all understandable (outside of what responsibility the team should have to Scot getting any help he needs outside of letting him take a de facto leave of absence to do so). My main point, though, was that it was Sheehan saying this lol...he spent the last several months taking a default stance that every single thing Bruce Allen does is to cover his ass and put out a fake veneer of doing the right thing. This is a big about-face on his part.

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

The death of his grandmother story isn't speculation, just to be accurate. Scot himself said this (or texted it, I guess) as something he's dealing with while away. I feel like he wasn't supposed to say anything and let the team handle giving the reasons to the media when they felt it needed, but Scot jumped the gun and said that, leaving the team to play catch-up...

True, but there is still a lot of speculation that the grandmother story is a cover, and most likely for him drinking.  That's what I was referring to.  If Scot did slip up and say something he shouldn't have to the media, that would lend more credence to Bruce wanting him to stay away from the media mics, though!  Maybe Scot needs to be the behind the scenes guy permanently???

Archived