Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

More speculation:  Maybe Scot got caught leaking some behind the scenes info in the Brewer article, and it pissed Bruce off?  Maybe after Scot and Bruce had gotten into an argument?  The timing seems about right.  Just think it might go a little deeper than just the drinking issue at this point. 

Fans say ‘In Scot We Trust,’ but Bruce Allen is still calling Redskins’ shots

Feb 22, 2017

Don't really believe this. One huge plus during Scot's tenure has been the large decrease in leaks. Don't think he's the type to contribute to them.

1 minute ago, Dissident2 said:

Time for McConahey (sp?) to step up. 

Who wouldn't love to see a press conference that goes, "And now, the new owner of the Washington Redskins will address the fan base."

"Alright, alright, alright ...."

Lol...I actually looked it up, McConahay has a reported net worth of "only" $70M.

I believe the two richest known Skins fans are Cruise and Earndhart Jr.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Don't really believe this. One huge plus during Scot's tenure has been the large decrease in leaks. Don't think he's the type to contribute to them.

Agree. Which was incredibly refreshing.

Besides the Kirk contract, the last 2 offseasons have been pretty normal and boring. The team was functioning like an NFL franchise, and it was the best set of back to back seasons since Bill Clinton was in office.

The "aura of dysfunction" is a franchise killer. The named GM, regardless of what is actual role is, not being around during the most important month of the NFL offseason calendar is the definition of dysfunction. 

1 minute ago, Dissident2 said:

Time for McConahey (sp?) to step up. 

Who wouldn't love to see a press conference that goes, "And now, the new owner of the Washington Redskins will address the fan base."

"Alright, alright, alright ...."

:cheers: I'd be dancing in the streets, although the media would make us out to be even more of joke I'm sure. 

7 minutes ago, zoony said:

Not sure this is true or false

I guess I buy the narrative that @thesubmittedone has promoted, that McC along with Gruden were the ones who went into a closed door, submarine, boilerroom session with Snyder and Allen and fought to make Cousins the starter in 2015 over Griff. 

That event has been described as some kind-of multi-hour, peyote, sweat shack vision quest where McC had to "put his balls on the table," to convince Snyder/Allen.   

2 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

Nothing makes sense.

You would think after 18 years of owning a team, Dan would have figured out that at least projecting the image of things making sense is a big deal

Well, that's the thing.

You can't really have "Scot was only hired to appease the fanbase and for appearances" AND this cluster**** at the same time. Choose one, can't have it both ways. Because one shows an enormous desire to be perceived a certain way and protect the organization's image, the other shows the usual Redskins complete lack of ability to manage the media/PR in any way. Its one or the other.

Because of this, I can't take the addition of Scot by Allen as anything other than a genuine attempt at improving the organization and the team. Which also rules out the theories about Allen's ego getting the best of him, because he already set it aside to hire a guy to take draft duties, etc. from him.

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Well, besides that Russini thing... 

I've also heard he gives JLC info. 

Who knows?

4 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

I guess I buy the narrative that @thesubmittedone has promoted, that McC along with Gruden were the ones who went into a closed door, submarine, boilerroom session with Snyder and Allen and fought to make Cousins the starter in 2015 over Griff. 

Huh? 

I never promoted that... only thing I ever said when that report dropped by Cole was "if it were true, that means Dan is still too involved, but I'm assuming that's not the case".

I do, however, believe that Scot/Jay have both been "together" regarding Kirk and that those who try to claim Scot is against Kirk or doesn't want him were off. But that's opinion. I've always maintained that Scot and Jay both "stood on the table" for Kirk, I guess, but not necessarily the way Cole framed it.

I think you might be mixing me up with someone else, brother. :) 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Because of this, I can't take the addition of Scot by Allen as anything other than a genuine attempt at improving the organization and the team. Which also rules out the theories about Allen's ego getting the best of him, because he already set it aside to hire a guy to take draft duties, etc. from him.

Agree.

I don't think the hire of GMSM had anything to do with PR. Allen had a connection with Scott and saw he was the best man for the job.

Something clearly has happened and is wrong. If it is the drinking, I really had hoped the org would have taken steps to have mitigated that risk (i.e give GMSM the support he needed, AA sessions at Redskins Park, whatever)

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Well, besides that Russini thing... 

I've also heard he gives JLC info. 

Who knows?

All front offices talk to reporters and push their own agendas to the media behind the scenes. Some even do it openly. Especially in the offseason, that's not what I meant. I meant the purposefully damaging "anonymous source with knowledge of the situation" type stuff that is meant to divide and destroy. That's the stuff we've seen a ton less of under McCloughan and it feels out of character. But what do I know.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

All front offices talk to reporters and push their own agendas to the media behind the scenes. Some even do it openly. Especially in the offseason, that's not what I meant. I meant the purposefully damaging "anonymous source with knowledge of the situation" type stuff that is meant to divide and destroy. That's the stuff we've seen a ton less of under McCloughan and it feels out of character. But what do I know.

Yea, I understand.  I'm one of SM's biggest fans, but I don't think he's completely innocent when it comes to putting stuff out in the media.

3 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

I think you might be mixing me up with someone else, brother.  

Well sorry about that then.

Well, who the hell wrote the "balls on the table" comment?

Paging the poster: Would the poster who wrote about McC putting his balls on the table for Cousins please come forward. *

56 minutes ago, TK said:

Wrong.

Again wow, I can't believe how many of you took that post seriously. I guess thats on me next time I'll put a /s but yeah fail on my part it was meant to be a joke trying to lighten the mood. I apologize for not being funny.

8 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Lol...I actually looked it up, McConahay has a reported net worth of "only" $70M.

I believe the two richest known Skins fans are Cruise and Earndhart Jr.

Crap. OK, then, here's the new plan:

We, as a fanbase, vow to Cruise that if he buys the team we will swear allegiance to Lord Zenu AND take care of his Leah Remini "problem." 

At this point, I think it would be a worthy trade. 

2 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Well sorry about that then.

Well, who the hell wrote the "balls on the table" comment?

Paging the poster: Would the poster who wrote about McC putting his balls on the table for Cousins please come forward. *

I think a bunch of people ran with that Cole story, not just one poster. I also think there's some truth to the "balls on table" thing, lol.

I mean, whether it was some 5 hour long meeting or not where they had to force Snyder to concede defeat on RG3, either way they did have to "be right" about Kirk. To some degree... like, at least be right that RG3 was NOT the answer.  It was ballsy on both Scot and Jay's part is what I'm saying.  

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It's just a big coincidence that the dude who followed Scot here from Seattle (Brewer) posted an article blasting Allen right when this whole thing started. 

Do you have reason to believe Scot was active with the media in Seattle? He was basically a behind-the-scenes braintrust guy there and that's it.

Archived