Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

We should be talking about losing two of the leagues top 25 receiving yards receivers this year with money to spend. Think about that. How many receivers is there in the NFL hmm 32 teams concertivate five per team means there are 160 of them out there and we know that's short and we had two of the top 25 in yardage players last season and let them both walk out the door ? 

Not to mention 

@evansilva: RT @LateRoundQB: In 2016, Washington was

2nd in yards/play
4th in plays/drive
6th in time spent/drive
5th in % of drives resulting in a score

Last year over keeping this together over a couple million bucks and the QB who led that charge. If we are talking about GMs we should be discussing that. Oh Garcon was 18 and Jackson was 23. We got that next year Bruce?

Oh and that was against the toughest schedule in the league according to football outsiders rankings

That deserves two more years to me. Sign them to five year deals front load them to really being two. This upsets me and is on Bruce as the President to fix cause blowing that up makes no sense

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Like...for the first time in my life, I wasn't embarrassed to talk to other fans about football...or even tell them I'm a Skins fan.

I had dominion over Iggles and Ravens fans. It was amazing.

And then THE TEAM ITSELF literally....WILLINGLY crawls back into the depths of literal hell lol. 

I've been occupied with work and the Caps so I've tried to shield myself but today is getting too real

Just take solace that no matter what happens before next Super Bowl, you still have dominion over Eagles fans.  And probably through next decade.  LOL

59 minutes ago, Bang said:

SETI has actually picked up a binary transmission from a region of space previously believed to be dead , and even it is saying Kirk is going to San francisco.

This is big, i tells ya.

~BIG

I heard out of jealousy Bruce marooned Scot on SETI ALPHA 5

20 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

We should be talking about losing two of the leagues top 25 receiving yards receivers this year with money to spend. Think about that. How many receivers is there in the NFL hmm 32 teams concertivate five per team means there are 160 of them out there and we know that's short and we had two of the top 25 in yardage players last season and let them both walk out the door ? 

Not to mention 

@evansilva: RT @LateRoundQB: In 2016, Washington was

2nd in yards/play
4th in plays/drive
6th in time spent/drive
5th in % of drives resulting in a score

Last year over keeping this together over a couple million bucks and the QB who led that charge. If we are talking about GMs we should be discussing that. Oh Garcon was 18 and Jackson was 23. We got that next year Bruce?

Oh and that was against the toughest schedule in the league according to football outsiders rankings

That deserves two more years to me. Sign them to five year deals front load them to really being two. This upsets me and is on Bruce as the President to fix cause blowing that up makes no sense

In fairness I can understand why they dont want to invest big money in a pair of 30+ year old WR's. it is really a 50/50 deal that they dont fall off a cliff. The Cousins fiasco is far worse IMO. And I am not really high on giving the guy 24 mill per year.

@clskinsfan

I wasn't either. But they gave him the tag $$ at 23-24?? I you can do it for 1, you can do it for 5 because once these youngins and other top QB's sign their deals it'll be for around 27 a year. Makes no sense that if they can lock him up for 24 before FA starts that they wouldn't do it unless they are going to trade him or he doesn't want to sign which I'm not posistive he does.

When you say **** like not taking a home-team discount for the sake of future competitors........

1 hour ago, Bang said:

What has happened? What has HAPPENED?

well, as soon as the boys down in crypto finish deciphering the telegram we intercepted, we will know exactly what has happened.

Nevermind the assistant equipment manager who had it on his person committed suicide with a cyanide tooth! (someone said.)

Oh it's happening.

and it's worse than ANYTHING EVER!

~AAGH!

? bang, put it down brother you're killing me lol

Danny and Bruce aren't going anywhere, I find it easier to just accept it for what it is. The only one who can fire Bruce is Danny. Danny and Bruce are tight as far as I know, so hoping they are gone is wishful thinking. The only way to get rid of Snyder is if the Redskins start losing a ton of money for him and he has to sell. This also will never happen. As long as fans buy merchandise, pay $50 parking fees, spend $300+ to go to home games, and the Redskins somehow shrink into small market team, we will always keep his pockets fat and him happy. 

39 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

My theory is that it was Scot that went to Bruce Allen with the whole trade Cousins to San Fran, they trade their #2 to Dallas and they trade us Romo. Bruce told him to pack his bags and get the hell out of his office.

That is a dumb theory because nothing about that rumor was ever true. 

57 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

In fairness I can understand why they dont want to invest big money in a pair of 30+ year old WR's. it is really a 50/50 deal that they dont fall off a cliff. The Cousins fiasco is far worse IMO. And I am not really high on giving the guy 24 mill per year.

Just saw a tweet we're looking at Marquess Goodwin. Are you serious this is a replacement? The money doesn't matter that's the market we live in. The results are there with the players we have. Do you not believe these two guys will be in the league in catching passes in two years? Five year contracts in the NFL today aren't really five year deals if they are worded correctly all that matters with money is what is guaranteed. 

The reason i posted that is that this front office should see those results and realize your best money is spent when you know it works. The results of it working are there and it's part player part philosophy. By ditching what works for philosophy over a couple million bucks to me does not work in a whole sale change like this. That's on these men to decide but this is wrong to me. You know how many teams would assure themselves of 2/3 back at a minimum in this league? If those receivers weren't good why would huge money goto them? Clearly other front offices think differently

this is what a GM thread should be talking about not a soap opera about alcoholics and drama. If your gonna spend money in free agency it bares out spending on building something not a project like our defense. Spend the draft picks on projects and keep what works on offense. It's the best course age be damned. They are 30 not 34 they will be producing in two years

56 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

My theory is that it was Scot that went to Bruce Allen with the whole trade Cousins to San Fran, they trade their #2 to Dallas and they trade us Romo. Bruce told him to pack his bags and get the hell out of his office.

Wrong.

1 minute ago, jphilly said:

now that part of the story is on NFL.com it really makes you wonder wtf is going on in Danny Land 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000791197/article/scot-mccloughan-wasnt-at-redskins-facility-tuesday

I'm not saying I think nothing is going on, as a disclaimer.

But the big national media outlets picking up this story don't lend it any extra credibility--they're always trying to feed off of the clicks local media is getting, and it works. 

This feels a lot like post Gibbs 2 where we could have kept the team together and go with GG instead they go with Zorn who bleeds maroon and black. 

Actually this seems worse. 

Guys I may have to root for another team. I'm leaning toward the saints. I don't want to root for a team that is too good or too bad. Just stay medium. 

Archived