Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

35 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Mike Jones‏Verified account @MikeJonesWaPo 2m2 minutes ago
Scot McCloughan not at Redskins Park for start of free agent negotiations - The Washington Post

Redskins vice president of communications Tony Wyllie said simply, “We’re busy with free agency,” when asked about McCloughan’s whereabouts, declining to elaborate.

Tony Wyl E. Coyote said simply, "Uh .... Ummmm .... GRANDMOTHER!" then disappeared in a cloud of smoke. 

26 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

So this is real now, its really happening. 

We got the 2nd overall offense, b2b winning seasons, plenty of cap space, good draft picks .... this was the offseason to put everything together.

Now we already lost our playcaller. Appears we will be without our QB1, WR1 and WR2 and, oh yeah, our GM has been missing for a month and we havent even bothered to negotiate with our record setting QB1, WR1 or WR2.

So our franchise stability lasted all of 2 years.  

I've been saying for a while that while there was a lot of hand wringing over the future of the defense (and justifiably so), this offense could and probably will look considerably different next year. GM, QB, WR1, WR2, starting RB, LG, all up in the air.

To be fair I am not sure Scott not being there for the start of FA means that much.  The negotiating period is about contracts which is not part of his role, he could easily have texted Bruce a list of his targets and gone back to his den to watch more tape.  If he is not in the building during the draft then that is a whole different issue.

Yep this team finally started getting the water off the ship bucket by bucket.

This last month they added a ship sinking wave and now hour by hour this team adds a bucket of water.

The ship will sink this year guys. Maybe not for some but I know damn well all I see is the top of ship.

The biggest problem is our captain and we can't get rid of him.

Solution for PR management since Marshawn Lynch probably wouldn't want it: Send out Clinton Portis to handle press conferences. Just tell him to say "Everything's A-Okay" while wearing wearing his Dolla Bill getup.

clinton-portis_feature.jpg

1 minute ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

To be fair I am not sure Scott not being there for the start of FA means that much.  The negotiating period is about contracts which is not part of his role, he could easily have texted Bruce a list of his targets and gone back to his den to watch more tape.  If he is not in the building during the draft then that is a whole different issue.

Good point

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

?...I'm not sure what that means. Was there a belief that Scot really was at Redskins park until now? lol

I bought into the reasons he wasn't at the combine. Something isn't right.

6 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Let's be real, our GM hasn't been present at the combine nor is he at the park for the beginning of Free Agency.  Our top brass and PR team has done nothing to alleviate fears of the rampant rumors.

I want this 'Scott is out' business to be untrue as much as anyone, but c'mon man.

Just because SM skipped the combine and isn't at Redskins Park for the start of free agency, and just because Cooley is accusing him of drinking and Russell and Jones are saying he is gone, and just because the Redskins have "no comment" on any of this doesn't mean something is actually happening

personally I blame the media for fabricating this stuff. I mean let's face it the GM doesn't need to actually be present for all of these key off-season dates. He can just text **** to Bruce and stuff

1 minute ago, zoony said:

Just because SM skipped the combine and isn't at Redskins Park for the start of free agency, and just because Cooley is accusing him of drinking and Russell and Jones are saying he is gone, and just because the Redskins have "no comment" on any of this doesn't mean something is actually happening

personally I blame the media for fabricating this stuff. I mean let's face it the GM doesn't need to actually be present for all of these key off-season dates. He can just text **** to Bruce and stuff

I'm not saying there's a lot of smoke, but all of a sudden I have a really bad cough.

:(

Just now, zoony said:

The media isn't making up that the GM of the team wasn't at work for very meaningful events that every other GM in the league are at work for.

As for the speculation with regards to GMSM's alcoholism and whether that is an issue, it is understandable. 

Only one team in the league didn't have their GM at the combine and now there is only one team whose GM isn't working on FA. 

And it's not like the organization is getting information out to the fans and media. And you do have the usual "sources with knowledge of the situation" saying the team doesn't know if he will be back.

That isn't your usual "family matters" because a 100yo grandmother passed away.

Archived