Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

If this all the latest rumors come true, and it was all just a the lengthy preamble to the Skins FO letting McCloughan go -- it will be a sad day indeed!

Because that implies that TH e current Skins' FO structure will revert to a Snyder/Allen/Williams/Campbell decision-making amalgam, that governs the talent acquisition for meeting the stated needs of Jay Gruden as he continue to try to implement his game-plan.  

Sorry, but this attempt by Snyder to avoid building in a bona-fide GM function into the Skins FO, has not worked well before.  I doubt it could ever generate the synergies to allow its effectiveness to exceed the sum of it's no-so-talented parts.  (Frankly, the latest PR fiasco, and slow incremental style of easing out McCloughan reminds me of antics from the Zorn era.)

And I do feel the effectiveness of each of the FO's "parts" isn't all that great either.  Williams' executive experience seems low-level,  limited, with nothing stellar to write home about.  There's already been plenty written about Allen's strengths and weaknesses.  IMHO there's much better out there than Campbell.  And then, there's the owner!!

So, any exhilaration I might have felt in December 2016, has really come back to earth in March 2017.  I'm starting to  worry that the franchise might be returning to its former pre-Shanahan style of management and talent acquisition, with Williams/Allen starring as a more Redskins alumni version of the role played by Pepper Rodgers/ Vinny Cerrato. 

35 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

If this all the latest rumors come true, and it was all just a the lengthy preamble to the Skins FO letting McCloughan go -- it will be a sad day indeed!

Because that implies that TH e current Skins' FO structure will revert to a Snyder/Allen/Williams/Campbell decision-making amalgam, that governs the talent acquisition for meeting the stated needs of Jay Gruden as he continue to try to implement his game-plan.  

Sorry, but this attempt by Snyder to avoid building in a bona-fide GM function into the Skins FO, has not worked well before.  I doubt it could ever generate the synergies to allow its effectiveness to exceed the sum of it's no-so-talented parts.  (Frankly, the latest PR fiasco, and slow incremental style of easing out McCloughan reminds me of antics from the Zorn era.)

And I do feel the effectiveness of each of the FO's "parts" isn't all that great either.  Williams' executive experience seems low-level,  limited, with nothing stellar to write home about.  There's already been plenty written about Allen's strengths and weaknesses.  IMHO there's much better out there than Campbell.  And then, there's the owner!!

So, any exhilaration I might have felt in December 2016, has really come back to earth in March 2017.  I'm starting to  worry that the franchise might be returning to its former pre-Shanahan style of management and talent acquisition, with Williams/Allen starring as a more Redskins alumni version of the role played by Pepper Rodgers/ Vinny Cerrato. 

I fear the same and this is why these threads have gone on so long because yes it's a big deal.  Some may still be buying the grandmother story but most of us have applied common sense and fear that we are in fact saying goodbye to SM and a return to the old way of doing business.  And I have no idea who I am mad at.  SM?  It's a disease, not all on him.  The team?  What for?  If the rumors are true then you can't blame them.

It sucks being in the dark about all these things . As an outsider looking in , the Redskins have been leeps and bounds better then past . Hopefully the FO is just giving the poor guy a mini vacation  so he does not go over the edge . He could of been closer to his grandmother then his own mother .   Talk about improving the image of a Franchise known to sometimes be the opposit.  

14 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

For Somebody who gets fired he is rocking Redskins gear big time. That makes it even weirder. 

Wtf guys...I don't understand anything about this anymore. 

I honestly think the media is just blowing this way out of proportion. The Washington Post in particular, since they've been black listed by the Skins, they've got an agenda to make the team look as bad as possible.

Listening to a Redskins podcast this morning on the drive in I heard mention of a twitter picture of Scot in the airport in a fight with his wife. You guys hear about it and wouldn't mind posting it? The photo just posted has me extremely confused and wonder if it will shine some light on this

For some strange reason I get a picture of Kim Jong-Un in my mind whenever I come across Snyder's name.  Instead of using anti-aircraft guns to bring down people who get on his bad side, he lets them twist in the wind before giving them the boot.  As long as his sycophants keep smiling and doing the bidding of the Supreme Leader they are safe.  Cerrato...Tony Wylie....and Bruce Allen.   SMH

image.jpeg

9 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Listening to a Redskins podcast this morning on the drive in I heard mention of a twitter picture of Scot in the airport in a fight with his wife. You guys hear about it and wouldn't mind posting it? The photo just posted has me extremely confused and wonder if it will shine some light on this

I can not find it. Searched very well. But his wife is known for having a lot of passion. https://mobile.twitter.com/JessicaMcCloug1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

15 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

It's here.  Not sure how it proves they were having an argument though...

C2kSyahUQAA9-km.jpg

28 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

For Somebody who gets fired he is rocking Redskins gear big time. That makes it even weirder. 

Wtf guys...I don't understand anything about this anymore. 

Probably hadn't washed or changed in 3 weeks. Report to follow...:movefast:

14 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yes look at his beard!!!! How can this pick be recent. The other leaked pick he had a substainable beard. 

Pick is 19 januari 

Text with it:

@BurgundyBlog Zoom in and crop. It's definitely him. My brother in law said he was arguing/discussing with his wife about drafting a QB in the 1st round

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I kind of see you second point.  And like some others here I really don't have that much of a problem with the way the team is handling it.  If the rumors of SM's drinking are true they were simply trying to protect him.  And again if they are true I certainly can't blame them for taking action.  My only complaint is it was obvious that SM's absence from the combine would be noticed. Why not get in front of the story and make an announcement, even if it is some BS "personal  situation" excuse rather than react in scramble mode after his absence was discovered.

Your right they could have made some excuse to say why Scot wasn't there.

Mike Jones‏Verified account @MikeJonesWaPo 2m2 minutes ago
Scot McCloughan not at Redskins Park for start of free agent negotiations - The Washington Post

Redskins vice president of communications Tony Wyllie said simply, “We’re busy with free agency,” when asked about McCloughan’s whereabouts, declining to elaborate.

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Scot McCloughan not at Redskins Park for start of free agent negotiations - The Washington Post

Redskins vice president of communications Tony Wyllie said simply, “We’re busy with free agency,” when asked about McCloughan’s whereabouts, declining to elaborate.

Tony Wyllie needs to get into a new line of work

So this is real now, its really happening. 

We got the 2nd overall offense, b2b winning seasons, plenty of cap space, good draft picks .... this was the offseason to put everything together.

Now we already lost our playcaller. Appears we will be without our QB1, WR1 and WR2 and, oh yeah, our GM has been missing for a month and we havent even bothered to negotiate with our record setting QB1, WR1 or WR2.

Top it all off .. we have Bruce ****ing Allen and Scott "been-here-forever-and-a-day" Campbell doing combine and FA stuff?

WTF washingotn redskins. W-T-F ..... we were close. Like Bruce said "its not that complicated" .. well apparently it is Bruce. 

54 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

<pic edited>

Maybe they're having an argument over dinner...

52 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Probably hadn't washed or changed in 3 weeks. Report to follow...:movefast:

Yeah, that was my take.

Finally that picture made me understand it all.

There's truly dysfunctional at Redskins Park right now. That picture proves it.

It's the showers.

3 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

So this is real now, its really happening. 

We got the 2nd overall offense, b2b winning seasons, plenty of cap space, good draft picks .... this was the offseason to put everything together.

Now we already lost our playcaller. Appears we will be without our QB1, WR1 and WR2 and, oh yeah, our GM has been missing for a month and we havent even bothered to negotiate with our record setting QB1, WR1 or WR2.

Top it all off .. we have Bruce ****ing Allen and Scott "been-here-forever-and-a-day" Campbell doing combine and FA stuff?

WTF washingotn redskins. W-T-F ..... we were close. Like Bruce said "its not that complicated" .. well apparently it is Bruce. 

You would be right if we didn't get rid of Joe Barry.

Guys are "sensing" that Kirk won't remain here, that GM will get fired... Do those guys sense the lottery numbers as well? I'm interested.

33 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

So if Scots back in  town, and not at Ashburn with the rest of the braintrust getting ready for FA, well.... ****

Archived