Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

Ugh, work has been crazy and in the background...all this, and the QB thing, but those thoughts will go in that thread.

But my gosh, what is happening here?  He's decked in Skins gear but not at the park?

I could get behind the not at combine thing.  I could.  Combine is overrated, only part he was really missing out on was player interviews, and there are more opportunities for that.  Indeed, if you have a tight enough gang of hombres, maybe they let Scot chill.

But this goes beyond that.  At this point, I feel like you need him in the building.  People want to talk to the GM.  They want stability.  If you're gonna sign away what may be the rest of your career to a team, you want it to be right.

Ugh.

I had really hoped that Chris Russell was full of it, and still have the slim hope he was.  Maybe Scot has only been given a reduced role to lower stress, or something.  But I fear the worst.

55 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Coincidence? Maybe, but every team Allen was with had an implosion right before he left.

Start the fire then point fingers and run? Will someone please show the Alec Baldwin twin [ Allen ] the door and tell him to never come back!

But who would make sure the Harvest Fest is a great event again this Fall?  

1 hour ago, Zazzaro703 said:

My theory is that it was Scot that went to Bruce Allen with the whole trade Cousins to San Fran, they trade their #2 to Dallas and they trade us Romo. Bruce told him to pack his bags and get the hell out of his office.

If anything McC has been a big advocate for Cousins.

It's more likely that McC got fed up and pissed off at Allen continuing to play pissing match with Cousins and his agent. It's more likely that McC brought the fire of criticism on Allen similar to what you saw from the WaPo for not getting Cousins already signed and secured on a long term.

I'd guess that McC would have gotten the Cousins thing done already if he had control of the purse. 

Add in the differences in vision on how to proceed with free agency, Allen and his throw away replacement level guys, McC wanting to hit heavy on impact defensive players, therein lies the issues. Or something like that. More plausible for me accept than McC not believing in Cousins. 

I'm not a fan of Allen at all and pretty much see him as Vinny in a suit.  That being said, I can't say I'm heartbroken losing Scott.  His draft record is spotty and his FA signings have been awful.  I wasn't a fan of the Norman signing and I'm still not. His best move was fighting for Cousins to start.  Without Cousins, I think many would be calling for Scott's head anyway.

8 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

But who would make sure the Harvest Fest is a great event again this Fall?  

Those mini pumpkin place settings Allen made last year were adorable.  Then Scot broke into the egg nog and ruined the whole damn thing.  I think that's what started the rif.

Its not really about Scot the evaluator anymore. Everyone went overboard with that and saw what they wanted to see anyways.

But its about what Scot represented for us. He was a legitimate NFL FO guy and gave our organization some legitimacy with other organizations and, for a while, with the media.

He was representative of our team doing things "the right way", even with a nontraditional power structure, just by virtue of being here. 

Look, if we're really going to play the "why is Scot out of town" game, let's go with something that's actually more realistic than this being over a Gruden/Allen/Scot split.

Scot and his grandmother were close. Grandmother dies, the death pushes Scot towards alcohol. Scot falls off the wagon, and the Redskins wagon rolls on.

I don't like speculating on it, but it makes a hell of a lot more sense than Scot and Allen suddenly getting into a fist fight over Kirk Cousins.

2 minutes ago, mojo said:

... and his FA signings have been awful.

A large part of the speculating conversation centers around McC being essentially at the mercy of Allen's whims as to who and how much to spend on players. 

Get your first choice here, get shut down there and have to settle for a trash 5th choice guy.

Bruce is like the dad regulating the car keys to the hellbent teenager McC. 

6 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

anything McC has been a big advocate for Cousins.

Not sure this is true or false

What we DO know is that last offseason SM took full responsibility for franchising Kirk.  And, this past season, it was KC who went over to SM after the GB game and asked him "how do you like me now" followed by a dutch rub

Therefore i just dont see how you arrive at that conclusion

1 minute ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

A large part of the speculating conversation centers around McC being essentially at the mercy of Allen's whims as to who and how much to spend on players. 

Get your first choice here, get shut down there and have to settle for a trash 5th choice guy.

Bruce is like the dad regulating the car keys to the hellbent teenager McC. 

I hadn't heard that.  If that's the case, I'm surprised Scot wouldn't have left on his own accord.  

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

Look, if we're really going to play the "why is Scot out of town" game, let's go with something that's actually more realistic than this being over a Gruden/Allen/Scot split.

Scot and his grandmother were close. Grandmother dies, the death pushes Scot towards alcohol. Scot falls off the wagon, and the Redskins wagon rolls on.

I don't like speculating on it, but it makes a hell of a lot more sense than Scot and Allen suddenly getting into a fist fight over Kirk Cousins.

Not really. I'd start drinking if my approach to command the roster was neutered time over again. Especially at the most critical spot of QB, where I started taking flak for not getting the QB signed when in fact it was old man Allen and his miserly ways that I was taking heat for. 

I tend to drink as things precipitously build and get worse. From something like stress at work, the politics of the workplace and being sabotaged, that would drive me to drink. 

2 minutes ago, mojo said:

That being said, I can't say I'm heartbroken losing Scott.  His draft record is spotty and his FA signings have been awful.

In part I agree however the part I struggle with is thinking we know how it's gonna work out with those picks long term. 14 was a good draft, 15 was an okay draft, 16 ugh but not lost complete hope yet.

Norman was good for us only if we kept it all together. the recipe for success in the league is around elite corner play so I get that money spent there.

I don't get why the plan is to blow this up now and I hope like hell that Snyder sees this remembers the excitement of finally moving the ball on offense every week and steps in and demands that this get done and stays the same. If it means we miss out on free agency then so what? This free agency suck why help other teams at our expense? If this is all Bruce fire him if he wants this. It will cost everyone jobs and that's more money spent replacing these guys then you spend on keeping the band wagon rolling.

Maybe Scots picture posted today was a TMZ shot saying to the world I love you Redskins but I'm not down with Bruce's plan of mass destruction so it's me or him if that's what's really going on now. If it is then Snyders about to lose a hell of a lot more then just three players and a GM

More speculation:  Maybe Scot got caught leaking some behind the scenes info in the Brewer article, and it pissed Bruce off?  Maybe after Scot and Bruce had gotten into an argument?  The timing seems about right.  Just think it might go a little deeper than just the drinking issue at this point. 

Fans say ‘In Scot We Trust,’ but Bruce Allen is still calling Redskins’ shots

Feb 22, 2017

16 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Is there any Skins fan out there richer than Snyder that would like to make a bid? Tom Cruise? :ols:

Time for McConahey (sp?) to step up. 

Who wouldn't love to see a press conference that goes, "And now, the new owner of the Washington Redskins will address the fan base."

"Alright, alright, alright ...."

Archived