Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

If the Keim article is correct, meh. Not sure what to think. I wanted to quit this team 3 years ago and McCloughan was the only saving grace. I thought the Rg3 thing was a debacle, but obviously I was proven wrong in that regard (he was a bust, I didn't want to accept it).

As for this team, all you have to do is look up top. Dan is deaf to criticism ... and insulates himself with yes men. Bruce is in full control. And the only thing stopping Bruce is Dan and I'm not sure what terrifies me more ...

Im right there with you.  It was unfathomable to me, but 3 years ago I was just ready to quit this team.  My son was born, and though before I could never imagine him not being raised a Redskin fan, I had to ask myself if I wanted to subject him to that.  I wasnt going to do it.  And then, the hope, it looked like Snyder had finally realized he needed to cede control, that he needed to give things over to real football guy, and that he finally had learned.

If it turns out to have all been a lie, it would be the cruelest cut of all, and I for one think I just need to somehow, need to be done with it.  

For the record, no matter how hush-hush they keep this, if they fire Scot, we WILL know whether it was drinking, or the Redskins power struggle forcing him out.  If they hire another GM, it was drinking.  If they dont, it was because they forced him out in a power struggle.

8 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I would even look at this a different way...is there really any evidence that 2015 and 2016 acquisitions were better than 2013 and 2014? 

Yeah I'd probably agree - not much better when comparing apples to apples of those years. Competent QB play has been the biggest reason the Skins have gone from bottom feeder to mediocre, IMO. But who knows if Cousins will be around for much longer....

As far as this thread goes, I think we can just about close the SM chapter. I was convinced he was gone after he didn't show up at the combine but it's only become more obvious since then.

But for me, the most frustrating part of the last few weeks has been this organization's flaming pile of incompetence when it comes to PR. They're just so bad at this stuff and it makes the Redskins look like the biggest joke.

Winning off the field and winning on it don't go hand-in-hand but you better be good at one of them - the Redskins can't get either right. 

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

People don't change. Why would Dan not want to be involved doing what he loves? He has had to put lipstick on the pig to put out a fan base backlash now and again, but at the end of the day, he is the de facto GM. Always will be in the long term, maybe figuratively stepping aside here and there to calm down the masses.

Thats not even close to true, lots of people change all of the time.  Obviously you have never seen an addicts recovery before.  But because lots of people change, doesnt mean that everyone changes.

12 minutes ago, PigskinRedskin said:

So if the whole Scot comes true and hes gone, is Bruce just going to add GM to his title or does he know anyone from Tampa?

It's going to be his puppet Doug Williams. If this garbage turns out to be true everyone needed to roll. No reason this moron Allen should still be involved with the team.

I can't take this mess anymore 

7wuXfar.png

1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

Thats not even close to true, lots of people change all of the time.  Obviously you have never seen an addicts recovery before.  But because lots of people change, doesnt mean that everyone changes.

Self-made ego driven billionaires in their 50s don't.

I don't know why people are upset with Bruce Allen. The common denominator is Dan Snyder. Allen is just following orders. I know some defend Snyder and he always tries to act like isnt involved but he is 100% the problem. 

I genuinely don't understand how Dan Snyder steps back, looks at this franchise and says "Yup, I've nailed this". Why was Bruce Allen calling the shots? His limitations were exposed years ago so why did we give him ultimate oversight/say so? Scot has built great teams, Bruce hasn't and never will.

This year's offseason is the most depressing yet as we still don't have a defence and have mismanaged our offense so badly that we're looking at potentially losing our starting QB (this year or next) and our top two receivers. I've only been a fan since 2010 so I have been spared some of our lowest moments, but it's hard to think of a worse time than now.

8 minutes ago, dyst said:

It really sucks for us fans that Snyder bought the team at such a young age, guy will own the team a long time. It's a hopeless feeling. 

Only hope is to make it bad for him financially. Or, significantly worse. As I dont think woning a football team could ever be a bad thing.

Fans disappear so will he.  

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Only hope is to make it bad for him financially. Or, significantly worse. As I dont think woning a football team could ever be a bad thing.

Fans disappear so will he.  

I almost never go to games, never buy merchandise and even stopped buying Madden because of this joke of a team.

Sadly there are just too many people that won't follow suit. Just look at this forum and how many people defend this trash. Some even going so far as to blame the media and the fans for the drama smh

I am so over this debacle.  Why won't they just fire him already so we can all turn the page.  I wish none of this was true, but unless this has been a collective effort from Synder, Allen, GMSM and the entire front office to pull an elaborate hoax (for absolutely no good reason) then GMSM will be be gone in a short time.  I don't understand the delay in just letting him go if the reports are true that he is no longer involved in any decision making etc etc etc......

Just now, dyst said:

Sadly there are just too many people that won't follow suit. Just look at this forum and how many people defend this trash. Some even going so far as to blame the media and the fans for the drama smh

Thats going to flip if they lose Kirk. I guarantee it. He is the last functioning hope. At this point even if they get the #2 overall and draft a QB no one will buy in because we have seen it all before. 

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

I am so over this debacle.  Why won't they just fire him already so we can all turn the page.  I wish none of this was true, but unless this has been a collective effort from Synder, Allen, GMSM and the entire front office to pull an elaborate hoax (for absolutely no good reason) then GMSM will be be gone in a short time.  I don't understand the delay in just letting him go if the reports are true that he is no longer involved in any decision making etc etc etc......

I'm thinking its possible they may just demote him "for his own good" and save face for everyone that way. That way they can still use him for what he is good for -- talent evaluation, and take away his power. Thats what I would do were I in the situation at this point. 

The right solution would probably be finding a 2nd in command to a well established GM in another front office.Pittsburgh has had Kevin Colbert for a while. I don't know who Omar Kahn in. But he's been in the NFL front offices for 20 years and is only 40 years old. 

Don't get the Bruce Allen hate, if the team is being held together with duct tape, it's because Allen put it there.  The Skins have a godawful owner, no argument from anyone there.  A GM with serious demons, no argument there. BA may be the only positive thing in the FO.

BA took over in the wake of the RG3 disaster and no 1st round picks.

His 1st 5 picks in the 2014 Draft 

T. Murphy 

M. Moses

S. Long

R. Breeland

R. Grant

Not bad for a "non-football guy".

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Thats going to flip if they lose Kirk. I guarantee it.

Not gonna happen with the hardcore. They will go down with the ship. If 20 years of turd hasn't knocked some sense into them, I doubt losing Cousins will. 

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Don't get the Bruce Allen hate, if the team is being held together with duct tape, it's because Allen put it there.  The Skins have a godawful owner, no argument from anyone there.  A GM with serious demons, no argument there. BA may be the only positive thing in the FO.

BA took over in the wake of the RG3 disaster and no 1st round picks.

His 1st 5 picks in the 2014 Draft 

T. Murphy 

M. Moses

S. Long

R. Breeland

R. Grant

Not bad for a "non-football guy".

Those picks were made using Scotts scouting service.

2 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Those picks were made using Scotts scouting service.

Perhaps Scot should sign up for it. 

Seriously Scot give ideas and scouting reports, Bruce pulled the trigger.  4 starters 4 years later with no 1st rounder.

The Redskins garb, tells me Scot wants to work here. Them not wanting him to work here, tells me he is butting heads with Allen.

Scot or not, Allen couldn't get a LTD deal done with Cousins. Cap expert heh. Dumping Scot doesn't cancel out Allen's failures, who oversaw the team in a period littered with dysfunctional chaos time and time again, throughout Cousins entire professional career. That is why Cousins doesn't want to be here.

We are on the cusp of losing our best personnel guy in Scot, and likely soon our most important player in Cousins, after already losing possibly our best offensive mind in McVay,. Along with DJax and Garcon too. Icing on the **** cake, lets call it.

Archived