Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

The WP articles paint a bad picture.

Hard to see how going that route leads to success

It ultimately leads back to snyder. If that is the truth in all this, then he's just incapable of being a good leader and it's hard to see how that changes.

If that's all true, I wonder if Kirk winds up saying something about it all.

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If this article is on the money, Bruce wants it to be "In Bruce We Trust".  Cringe worthy stuff.    

So judging by that article, Scot would have unlikely let Garcon go.  Scot would have likely signed Kirk last year.  Bruce isn't even sure if he wants Kirk now let alone signing him last year.    There were a few things i was holding back from my lunch with Scot to protect him as a source because he was such a cool guy but at this point I gather it doesn't matter.  One of those items was I presented the idea to Scot that in my view Colt isn't a viable alternative to being a starter to Kirk because of among other reasons that he's injury prone.  He agreed with me.  On the other hand, I recall one of the beat reporters saying in the past that Bruce is a big Colt guy.

This article take a lot of liberties and fronts a lot of opinions and theories as facts... if this was true, I doubt KC would yell "How you like me now!?" at MC if MC was trying to sign him the whole time

I'll say this....

I don't fully buy Mike Jone's article as being the ENTIRE story, and still think that Scot drinking could play into things....

But at least Jones in his article REPEATEDLY indicates that his assertions are based on what multiple sources are telling him. Where as it seems like the vast majority of the "Scot was getting ****faced again" suggestions were left largely ambiguous about whether they were idle speculation and guesses based off scuttlebutt as opposed to actual sources. Hell, the one that started it all, Cooley, even flat out claimed he had zero actual sources telling him it was true. 

Which again, makes me wonder whether the "Scot's drinking" stuff is getting leaked out not as legitimate information, but as a means of attempting to force his hand through embaressment, something I do not put past this team. Especially when, on the flip side of that, you have actual REPORTERS (not blowhard radio personalities pretending to be reporters) acknowledging actual SOURCES pointing this far more towards an all to familiar Redskins trend.......that the front office promised control to someone else, never fully gave it to them, and then it slowly but surely soured until they had buyers remorse.

2 minutes ago, drowland said:

So Scot wanted to cut Murphy?  That's interesting.  Kory, Golston and Grant I understand.  I know a lot of people wanted to see more Ross.

It didn't say anything about a cut though, right?  Maybe he just wanted to trade him?  Who could have known Murphy would take PED's and have a breakout season :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, ZRagone said:

Why would a team force out a coach that they hire one/two years earlier...something this team has done multiple times before.

Not to mention, this team has a track record of attempting to take actions and/or leak information in the apparent hopes of embarrassing/neutering an employee to the point where they may quit rather than having to fire them and thus pay out their contract. 

. However, what I don't get is this attitude that's somehow the only option

For every bit of history Scot McCloughan has to point to this being his problem, there's nearly equal history to point to this organization being the/part of the problem as well. 

IF we're going to speculate

Oh the misinformation. 

A team would force out someone if they had a personal problem affecting their job. 2 other teams have already done it to this person.

When is the last time this team forced a coach out after two years? Zorn? You have issue with that? lol

It's disturbing you think the team leaks info to hurt employees, and that Snyder and their PR guy are good at it to the point they haven't been caught and given consequences by the league. I thought those guys were inept according to kost fans, yet now they are masters of subversion. They probably know where Hoffa is buried too, right?

You don't get that some think it's the only option because you're willing to believe conspiracy theory nonsense. It's football man. Football.

Speaking of history, where's the history of leaks and speculation before now that Bruce and Scot weren't getting along? There isn't one. What there is a history of is the local media running wild and unchecked with speculation and fans eating it up by the ladelfull. 

My speculation is grounded in logic and likelihood, not paranoid delusion. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

If that's what you got from the article, I don't know what to tell you. That was clearly a small part of the situation. Scot not actually having final say over his roster is clearly what the real problem was (according to Jones and Clarke in the article). 

7 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Lol

Can you read

The article says that Allen is the reason he wasn't at the combine. 

The Cooley thing was just one of many things they haven't agreed about.

funny that the combine was weekend after the Cooley thing though. His staff had no notice...this was a sudden decision on Scot M's part

Him and his wife are two birds of a feather....****ing Cooley HAHAHA

1 minute ago, oraphus said:

This article take a lot of liberties and fronts a lot of opinions and theories as facts... if this was true, I doubt KC would yell "How you like me now!?" at MC if MC was trying to sign him the whole time

So in your mind, reporting what league sources are telling Jones that McCloughan was claiming is fronting "a lot of opinions and theories as fact".....and your basis for this is your expert diagnosis of body language and intent over a what? 15 second video clip?

6 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

If a co-worker puts you on blast nationally via innuendo or other, and your boss doesn't back you up then I see no issue bailing on them. Especially if it's not true.

Im pretty sure this is the last team meltdown I'm willing to endure, life's short.?

I'm with you. I'm cancelling Sunday Ticket for the first time in 17 years. Not wasting my money anymore. Other things to do than watch football.

3 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

funny that the combine was weekend after the Cooley thing though. His staff had no notice...this was a sudden decision on Scot M's part

Him and his wife are two birds of a feather....****ing Cooley HAHAHA

Where does it say Scot decided not only go to the combine?

It said he left for a few days leading up to he combine. 

Who says Allen and or Snyder told him not to come?

Crazy 

Snyder is that you?

13 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Just to put a devil's advocate spin out there... I do find it odd how much Scott revealed to you and how much of his inner thinking and blueprints he divulged to someone not on the team. Given the degree of paranoia we see in the NFL... I find it very strange and can imagine a son of George Allen in particular would find such loose lips upsetting.

Yep. And the leaks from earlier in the offseason clearly came from Scott or someone close to him. The above article IF TRUE is damning for sure. Lord knows I cant stand Snyder as much as the next Skins fan. And it appears he wants back into the game. But I disagree with those of you who say that Snyder and Allen dont want Kirk here. If that was the case they would have never used the exclusive tag on him. They would have used the non exclusive and let him walk for a couple of picks.

8 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Just to put a devil's advocate spin out there... I do find it odd how much Scott revealed to you and how much of his inner thinking and blueprints he divulged to someone not on the team. Given the degree of paranoia we see in the NFL... I find it very strange and can imagine a son of George Allen in particular would find such loose lips upsetting.

He didn't give me a blueprint about anything.  Basically I asked him questions about players and he responded.  He was most cagey on the Kirk stuff, he revealed very little.  The juiciest part I got out of it was the Colt part and that was via a direct question from me.  All he did was agree with me on it.   In the context of my meeting it wasn't that juicy.  But in that context of today's circumstance where some beat reporters keep saying in Colt they trust, I find it interesting.

Yeah Scot is direct and honest.  That could be good and could be bad as I gather you are implying here.  But he was super gracious.  And he was generous about giving praise to everyone especially Jay.    He didn't come off like a guy with a big ego but a guy who loves talking football, even with a lowlight like me -- that was the most surreal part of the exchange for me.   But I left that meeting feeling super good about this guy running things.    

2 minutes ago, ZRagone said:

So in your mind, reporting what league sources are telling Jones that McCloughan was claiming is fronting "a lot of opinions and theories as fact".....and your basis for this is your expert diagnosis of body language and intent over a what? 15 second video clip?

unless you provide names... "league sources" is nothing more than "random information i could find on the internet" I just provided one example where the article does not necessarily fit. At the end of the day a lot of beat writers are fronting rumors and opinions in order to get people of read articles and to get their name in the news. At the end of the day you have a 50/50 shot of being right.

Archived