Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

Want to vent your frustrations over this?

Print out the WaPo Article. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/03/08/redskins-gm-scot-mccloughan-has-no-role-in-current-free-agency-decision-making/?utm_term=.aa1e2d491740

With a sharpie, write "Fix This" on there.

Throw it in an envelope and mail it to

Mr. Daniel Snyder

C/O The Washington Redskins

21300 Redskin Park Dr, Ashburn, VA 20147

That's it. This has the chance of becoming that year they banned us from bringing signs into FedEx and Snyder had extra security in front of his owner's box. Why wait for that?

Yeah, the Fancard was a while ago and came with a nice plan to mail it to Snyder along with the media. This time it's simply for personal mental health. Want to take a pic of the envelope going into the mailbox and tag @Redskins. Go for it.

Everything the post says is clearly untrue because they have a vendetta against the Redskins because Bruce screwed them out of some interviews. Clearly, instead, we should trust Chris Russell, because he'd clearly have no vendetta and is entirely reliable and has a track record of legitimacy, and would in no way have any reason to be sour towards the organization that just fired him recently. 

Or you know, both sides are playing the media for their own purposes, and there's likely significant kernels of truth coming from all of them, intermixed with a great big heap of BS from all sides as well.

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

The defense has been that bad for many many years now.

Scot said when he got hired that it's going to take time to turn this team around. 2 years of draft picks and free agency is not what he meant.

Problem is Snyder thinks that this team is a player or 2 away every year.

Guess what it's not and you're trying to tell me if the Skins draft a defensive player in the 1st rd last year. That was going to save the the defense.

He did spend some of last year's picks on defense.

So it's not like it was ignored and Norman was signed another piece.

So again I say 2 years isn't long enough.

Scot here 2 years.

Snyder has been here how long?

Pretty sure Scot is not the problem.

Did Scot say or not say it would take three years? This team is nowhere near ready  to compete in year three with that defense..

The longer this lingers the more likely that there is a serious cluster **** going on. I was hoping it was fake news, but... nothing the redskins have done has persuaded me otherwise.

Looks like we are going to loose our GM, QB, Top Receivers, and goodwill this offseason.

... ****.

6 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Two years ago everyone on this board was on Scot M's nutsack.  They proclaimed him Allah.

I think the majority of us were just happy the we FORCED Snyder to hire a real football guy. It wasnt so much the it was Scott as it was a real talent evaluator. Just my opinion though.

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

Did Scot say or not say it would take three years? This team is nowhere near ready  to compete in year three with that defense..

Again, this is just not true.

We won the division last year. We had MULTIPLE opportunities to make it to the playoffs this year. This, despite the bad defense.

This off season we had 10 picks in the draft and a crap ton of cap space. It has been shown before, including just last year IN OUR OWN DIVISION, that a solid draft/free agency can turn a historically bad defense into a contending defense. And considering we have been in playoff contention for two straight years...which, by definition, is basically the first steps of "competing" for a title....yes, yes the team absolutely WAS near ready to compete going into this third off season.

However, how that goes now if all this apparent turmoil turns out to be legitimate, is a huge question. 

14 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Want to vent your frustrations over this?

Print out the WaPo Article. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/03/08/redskins-gm-scot-mccloughan-has-no-role-in-current-free-agency-decision-making/?utm_term=.aa1e2d491740

With a sharpie, write "Fix This" on there.

Throw it in an envelope and mail it to

Mr. Daniel Snyder

C/O The Washington Redskins

21300 Redskin Park Dr, Ashburn, VA 20147

That's it. This has the chance of becoming that year they banned us from bringing signs into FedEx and Snyder had extra security in front of his owner's box. Why wait for that?

Yeah, the Fancard was a while ago and came with a nice plan to mail it to Snyder along with the media. This time it's simply for personal mental health. Want to take a pic of the envelope going into the mailbox and tag @Redskins. Go for it.

I'm convinced this doesn't matter anymore. This franchise will always be a moneymaker for Napoleon and trying to build a winning team involves him checking his own ego by letting someone else take full control of his lego set and steady check.

I just find it odd how these writers have had all this information for all this time and write about it now. That doesn't seem strange to anybody else? They would have gotten a ridiculous amount of clicks had they come out with this earlier, because everything was believed to be all in order, then they could have dropped the bombshell. Everything just seems spiteful right now. 

Bruce Allen is fine. McCloughan made mistakes last year. The 2014 draft when Allen was the GM was damn good.  People love to claim that Allen was bad with Tampa, but they forget that the team's owner was busy building a stadium for Manchester United.  As a result, Bruce Allen was financially constrained.  And I feel that he did a damn fine job even though the owner constrained him, as the team was not horrible.

The 2014 draft where Bruce Allen was in full control proves it to me.

Bruce wasn't happy about drafting Doctson.  Can't say I blame him for that.  Bruce Allen is the type of guy who lets his scouts do their job.  He is like a CEO.  

9 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

The longer this lingers the more likely that there is a serious cluster **** going on. I was hoping it was fake news, but... nothing the redskins have done has persuaded me otherwise.

Looks like we are going to loose our GM, QB, Top Receivers, and goodwill this offseason.

... ****.

We will be 7-9 this year with Kirk and the 4-12 in 2018 when he leaves.

4 minutes ago, ZRagone said:

Again, this is just not true.

We won the division last year. We had MULTIPLE opportunities to make it to the playoffs this year. This, despite the bad defense.

This off season we had 10 picks in the draft and a crap ton of cap space. It has been shown before, including just last year IN OUR OWN DIVISION, that a solid draft/free agency can turn a historically bad defense into a contending defense. And considering we have been in playoff contention for two straight years...which, by definition, is basically the first steps of "competing" for a title....yes, yes the team absolutely WAS near ready to compete going into this third off season.

However, how that goes now if all this apparent turmoil turns out to be legitimate, is a huge question. 

Lol...10 draft picks this year at the middle of each round will not produce a difference maker to put this team above the rest of the division...He failed when he passed over Williams for Scherff..

IF this turns out to be legit?

This article doesn't get written right here today with these nuggets based on stuff they made up and wish was true.  I'm not stating it's all facts but how you can read this and immediately go backing Bruce and the Redskins as if this is some conspiracy by Jones and Clarke is just mind boggling.

So I'm supposed to believe that Scot was stomping his feet and fussing about Cooleys comments and thats why he's not at the facility.  Ok.

And now we're googling unflattering pictures of him (from whatever time) to determine whether or not he looks like an alcoholic.

Yall have freakin lost it.

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

Lol...10 draft picks this year at the middle of each round will not produce a difference maker to put this team above the rest of the division...He failed when he passed over Williams for Scherff..

You sir have no clue.  You can get a playmaker in any round of the draft.  Antonio Brown was a 6th rounder, Brady was too, i can give you hundreds of examples.  

2 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Bruce Allen is fine. McCloughan made mistakes last year. The 2014 draft when Allen was the GM was damn good.  People love to claim that Allen was bad with Tampa, but they forget that the team's owner was busy building a stadium for Manchester United.  As a result, Bruce Allen was financially constrained.  And I feel that he did a damn fine job even though the owner constrained him, as the team was not horrible.

The 2014 draft where Bruce Allen was in full control proves it to me.

Bruce wasn't happy about drafting Doctson.  Can't say I blame him for that.  Bruce Allen is the type of guy who lets his scouts do their job.  He is like a CEO.  

So then it's the scouts who had a good 2014 draft, not the CEO. Not signing Kirk when we had the perfect chance last year erases any good he allegedly did. 

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

Also, I read that Bruce Allen wants to go FULL defense this year.  I support it 100%.  

who cares when we dont have a QB.  the only way to win a superbowl now is to have a franchise QB.  the defense wins championship thing is so yesterday.

18 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

The defense has been that bad for many many years now.

Scot said when he got hired that it's going to take time to turn this team around. 2 years of draft picks and free agency is not what he meant.

Problem is Snyder thinks that this team is a player or 2 away every year.

Guess what it's not and you're trying to tell me if the Skins draft a defensive player in the 1st rd last year. That was going to save the the defense.

He did spend some of last year's picks on defense.

So it's not like it was ignored and Norman was signed another piece.

So again I say 2 years isn't long enough.

Scot here 2 years.

Snyder has been here how long?

Pretty sure Scot isn't  the problem.

The funny thing is when you ask people what defensive player we should have drafted over Doctson in the 1st round, they shut up real quick.

17 minutes ago, bh32 said:

They were one win away from making back to back playoffs 

Not sure what you think compete means in this league.

Going to the playoffs is competing in the NFL in my opinion maybe I'm wrong but that's better than top 10 pick.

We'll revisit this after this year.

Allen and Snyder making all the decisions. You'll get your top 10 pick again.

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I think the majority of us were just happy the we FORCED Snyder to hire a real football guy. It wasnt so much the it was Scott as it was a real talent evaluator. Just my opinion though.

Forcing him into anything is going to be for show and short lived. We need a decent talent evaluator who can involve Dan and make Dan believe that he is participating in making the main decisions. Will never work otherwise long term.

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

So then it's the scouts who had  good 2014 draft, not the CEO. Not signing Kirk when we had the perfect chance last year erases any good he allegedly did. 

Yes, the scouts.  He is no Vinny Cerrato who considered himself super scout. We have a good scouting department.  It is always good to have as many scouting types as possible, so if we fire Scot Mccloughan, we need to hire another scouting type.

The Kirk saga is not over.  Talk to me when he gets traded or is not playing for our team. 

Bruce is a value guy.  People like that tend to see success. Warren Buffet is a value guy.  Value works in everything.

Archived