Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

Just now, lavar1156 said:

Well it's clear that he's not the one making decisions.

apparently he did the past draft..the one that produced nothing while basicly trading picks for very little compensation..

3 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Where does it say Scot decided not only go to the combine?

It said he left for a few days leading up to he combine. 

Who says Allen and or Snyder told him not to come?

Crazy 

Snyder is that you?

Dude if this is true...if this is true, its really stupid ****

3 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Lmao at everyone flipping out over a guy that hasn't really produced very much in two years of drafting and FA..

First time we've had a legit GM in the Snyder era and we just happen to have the best 2-year record in that span. Curious coincidence.

Not to mention, drafts take years to bear fruit

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It didn't say anything about a cut though, right?  Maybe he just wanted to trade him?  Who could have known Murphy would take PED's and have a breakout season :rolleyes:

Cut or trade.  If they had traded Murphy it probably would have been selling low if it was for a draft pick.  Or a throw away player from another team.  Just seemed early to cut bait on a 2nd rd pick.  He wasn't great but he wasn't struggling like Amerson did.

I hope that article is wrong, if Scott wanted to sign Kirk long term and Bruce blocked him I'm not sure we will ever have a chance at success. 

The FO has made its share of mistakes but I would like to think as Dan gets older he gets smarter and doesn't make the same mistakes twice, if that article is true he is just as dumb today as he was when he bought the team.

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

apparently he did the past draft..the one that produced nothing while basicly trading picks for very little compensation..

So at a comparative time, you were adamant that Bruce hadn't really done much either as GM in 2014 right? 

1 minute ago, SkinsTillIDie said:

First time we've had a legit GM in the Snyder era and we just happen to have the best 2-year record in that span. Curious coincidence.

Not to mention, drafts take years to bear fruit

With players that Scot had no hand in drafting..

18 minutes ago, ZRagone said:

But at least Jones in his article REPEATEDLY indicates that his assertions are based on what multiple sources are telling him. Where as it seems like the vast majority of the "Scot was getting ****faced again" suggestions were left largely ambiguous about whether they were idle speculation and guesses based off scuttlebutt as opposed to actual sources. Hell, the one that started it all, Cooley, even flat out claimed he had zero actual sources telling him it was true. 

For me I don't even care about the subplot.  If I hear Scot had some drunken episode at some Redskins function or whatever -- it still IMO doesn't change the fundamental issue in play if Jones is on the money and that is Bruce wants to be the guy calling the personnel shots.  Apparently, Scot is gone.  So IMO the two takeaways of concern for me here are:

A.   Bruce is looking for another Scott Campbell type but with a loftier title who makes recommendations to him and Bruce makes the calls.  In other words, Bruce wants to be defacto GM.    

B.  And if Mike Jones is right its Bruce that's likely the obstacle to Kirk getting a long term contract but doesn't want people to know that its so -- so he's putting on airs on that front. 

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Crazy I didn't realize playing one year in the league made you a bust or not.

That's news to me 

When your defense is one of the worst in NFL history and you draft Offense with your first picks in  back to back years than you are doing a terrible job as a GM

20 minutes ago, oraphus said:

This article take a lot of liberties and fronts a lot of opinions and theories as facts... if this was true, I doubt KC would yell "How you like me now!?" at MC if MC was trying to sign him the whole time

Becaude they are cool with each other and KC is taking a jab at Bruce 

lol ok ... 

so what I want you to do is get a plain pad of paper and a ruler .. each inch vertically put a dot . Do this 12 times . Then for each dot put a dot on the perpendicular horizontal so you end up with a grid of 144 dots then draw any picture you want but your lines must connect some of the dots . 

That is what Mike Jones is doing here . Taking events that people know happened and then mixing in his conjecture . 

Some of this is laughsble ... Scott had a hissy fit because of some fringe players on the roster ? And that lead to what ? Him skipping work ? Crying to momma ? Missing details . 

Bethard and Gibbs had historically epic arguements over players - was that disfunctional? What is worse - having the brain trust of Allen , Gruden, Scouts etc. Making decisions as a group or just letting Scott select everything -

how broken does that sound where the GM has absolute control over a roster regardless of what everyone else thinks ? 

if it was not bad enough people are getting upset at what amounts to editotilizing and passing it off as fact - is he sprinkles in our old favourite anonymous sources and people with knowledge of the situation (-could be referring to here) ... he then adds disclaimers - Source think possibly that Allen is geleous .. what does that actually mean ? Bruce Allen who brought Scot Mcglouglan in house is worried that the GM he hired is doing his damn job ? Maybe perhaps said someone possibly once .. 

Look I am not burry your head in the sand but use some logic when looking at the situation . Listen with your eyes not your ears . Look at what the organisation is doing not ass clowns who's very purpose in life is to stir up controversy to get you to click on their mind farts given form so an ever soulless organisation can get an advertising revenue from other soulless organisations 

we we have resigned our HC - promoted from within to keep consistency ... we have kept negotiations civil and away from the media .. sure we have moved on from some pending FA but some point you have to ... 

we we are in good shape capwize ... we have a bucket of draft picks and whatever is happening with Scot is his business ... 

what Mike jones is spouting could be the truth but until we get some actual news from actual sources can we not just believe the worse case scenario all the time ... 

i think it was missed but Kyle Shanahan gave an interesting interview a few weeks ago saying his time in Washington peeped him for the stress of being a HC ..  and many people think he was talking about working in a dysfunctional frachise but what he actually talked about was the toxicity of the media in this town ... 

... and speaking of San Fran does anyone remember back in January when the 9ers FO seemingly out of the blue tweeked Scot about his drinking on twitter ... I think this story has been around a lot longer than our lazy beat reporters would suggest ..

Just now, bh32 said:

With players that Scot had no hand in drafting..

First, "no hand" is a bit of a misnomer. The amount of 'hand" he had in the 2014 class is unknown, ranging from "a little" to "a lot" depending who you believe. It'd be more accurate to suggest, at the very least, those from the 2014 class were ones that Scot didn't make the final call on. Those that were still here, you'd be accurate about. Though it still fell to him (assuming he had the control he was said to have had, which is now being called into question) to decide whether any of those remained on the roster or not.

Second, um...no, the 2 year winning record DEFINITELY did include playesr that Scot had a hand in drafting, and specifically supposed final decision on, who were contributors.

Brandon Scherff absolutely contributed to those two winning seasons. Preston Smith's 6 sacks over the last 6 games of 2015 definitely contributed to that playoff run. Jamison Crowder was instrumental to our success in 2015, and even more so in 2016. Kyshoen Jarrett had a stellar year for a 6th round pick for us in 2015, until his freak nerve injury derailed him. 

2016's draft was a down year compared to 2015, but was hardly inconsequential. Despite limited playing time, Su'a Cravens had some impact plays for us, including a game clinching interception. Kendall Fuller definitely had his rough patches, but was still a regular contributor on defense throughout much of the year. 

If you want to criticize his drafts, there's ways to go about it. But to make a claim that the past two years of success was simply with players Scot had no hand in drafting is just patently false. 

1 minute ago, jschuck12001 said:

I hope that article is wrong, if Scott wanted to sign Kirk long term and Bruce blocked him I'm not sure we will ever have a chance at success. 

The FO has made its share of mistakes but I would like to think as Dan gets older he gets smarter and doesn't make the same mistakes twice, if that article is true he is just as dumb today as he was when he bought the team.

I won't believe much, if anything, from Post and others. They're all pissed because Bruce snubbed them for being the clowns they are and went to Nashville for a Combine interview instead. So now they're pulling the "anonymous sources" schtick to get gullible fans to believe that this isn't due to Scot's demons, but that it's all Allen and powertrip. Nevermind that Allen is the one who hired him, lol !

This is the same crap they did when Shanahan left and they convinced fans that Shanahan never wanted RG3 and had it forced on him, despite the fact Shanahan had full control. And it's the same crap that persists. Every time there's anything done by Skins, they'll take any negative angle they can muster up. How long did they go on with the name change crap? Yeah, let's believe those same people have inside sources even though they never break stories with the team, only ever site anonymous sources, and refuse to conduct themselves with profesionalism instead of bias.  

12 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Lmao at everyone flipping out over a guy that hasn't really produced very much in two years of drafting and FA..

It's the dysfunction and halfwittedness that runs this franchise. It's about us watching a bunch of teenage drama queens with a fantasy team making decisions year after year and an owner who decides to pick up a new BFF every few years instead of looking for football minds  and then simply stepping back and just signing the paychecks..

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For me I don't even care about the subplot.  If I hear Scot had some drunken episode at some Redskins function or whatever -- it still IMO doesn't change the fundamental issue in play if Jones is on the money and that is Bruce wants to be the guy calling the personnel shots.

Well, to me it could make me care, depending what the subplot is. And it's a bit of a "Chicken or the Egg" type of thing.

Let's assume there was a sudden heavy drinking again (something we don't know, and I'm not even speculating it is. I'm saying let's assume this for the sake of the discussion).

If it occurred in a REACTION to a continuing frustration and depression over the job not being what it was pitched to be, with Allen and company continually meddling and overruling him, then I can understand "not caring".

However....if Allen and Companies restraining of Scot's power and influence occurred because of McCloughan beginning to drink heavily again, and the team deciding they didn't want to chance giving him such power and control with that hanging over him, then it does become more of an issue in my mind.

However, at this point, it could be neither of these things and Scot doesn't touch alcohol any more heavily than he did the night before he was signed by us. But I guess i'm saying is that, to a point, the subplot that eventually comes out DOES matter to me, because it may shed some light one way or another.

8 minutes ago, bh32 said:

When your defense is one of the worst in NFL history and you draft Offense with your first picks in  back to back years than you are doing a terrible job as a GM

The defense has been that bad for many many years now.

Scot said when he got hired that it's going to take time to turn this team around. 2 years of draft picks and free agency is not what he meant.

Problem is Snyder thinks that this team is a player or 2 away every year.

Guess what it's not and you're trying to tell me if the Skins draft a defensive player in the 1st rd last year. That was going to save the the defense.

He did spend some of last year's picks on defense.

So it's not like it was ignored and Norman was signed another piece.

So again I say 2 years isn't long enough.

Scot here 2 years.

Snyder has been here how long?

Pretty sure Scot isn't  the problem.

14 minutes ago, drowland said:

Cut or trade.  If they had traded Murphy it probably would have been selling low if it was for a draft pick.  Or a throw away player from another team.  Just seemed early to cut bait on a 2nd rd pick.  He wasn't great but he wasn't struggling like Amerson did.

Especially when he had bulked up to play DE because the team asked him too. I wonder how he did that? (Oh 4 games for PED's?) The added bulk definitely helped him this year though in the end.

Archived